User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xenomorphs - Delaying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assure you this is a satire and parody post. I intentionally posted this here, thank you for the information though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the concept of admins bombing a fort that all of dchat is watching and is usually getting a kick out of but not being willing to bomb a delaying xeno who runs from marines astounds me
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just good bro, why bomb me when I'm actively stuntin' on marines yee yee

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    delaying should results in permajob ban.... frick delays amirite guys?
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If autism forts are not allowed then why is it allowed for xenos to delay for an hour plus by simply running around non-stop? Pretty one sided favouritism there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my god bitching about delays from both sides is so petty its fucking pathetic. Its a game. Its 20 minutes. Who gives a fuck about either side delaying here or there, get over yourselves.

The admins will do what they feel is best. Some will abomb some will ignore your cries for help. Sometimes a dude in a 1x1 hallway with 10 cades will get abombed. Thats cool. Sometimes a single xeno on the run for 10 minutes will get bombed. Thats cool. If they dont whoooooo carreeeess. If you wanted to play the round you shouldnt have died. If you just want to play the next round then wait for the next one like a good little boy and stop crying. Embrace the suck and get over yourselves.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waaaah i died hurry up im bored waaaah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should add in a jeep that can outrun Xenos to stop delay.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think part of the issue is that, compared to a lot of other servers, there's not much to do once you die. Outside larva, ERTs, and admin antics, there isn't a way to get back into the round once you die (compared to servers where you can get the chance to be randomly selected for a side antag role at some point in the round or be made into a borg/some other thing) and there's nothing to do other than sit, watch the round, and wait for it to end. I know some servers have a little laser tag thing you can play when you die to keep you entertained if the round's boring you and you don't want to miss the start of the next round, for instance.

Watching fights and intense struggles for survival is fun. Even some Autism forts that get abombed give entertainment to the people watching as they cheer on either the Marine(s) holding out on Almayer or the benos trying to get in, trying to see who comes out on top. 2-3+ hour rounds where there's near-constant fighting are fun to watch too because there's always something happening. Xenos delaying for 30+ minutes by actively avoiding every single fight isn't fun to watch: there's no conflict, no struggle, just frustration for the Marines and boredom for the ghosts watching. The only fun that comes from Xenos delaying for deadchat is the possibility that something entertaining happens on Almayer.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterClould View Post
    Oh my god bitching about delays from both sides is so petty its fucking pathetic. Its a game. Its 20 minutes. Who gives a fuck about either side delaying here or there, get over yourselves.

The admins will do what they feel is best. Some will abomb some will ignore your cries for help. Sometimes a dude in a 1x1 hallway with 10 cades will get abombed. Thats cool. Sometimes a single xeno on the run for 10 minutes will get bombed. Thats cool. If they dont whoooooo carreeeess. If you wanted to play the round you shouldnt have died. If you just want to play the next round then wait for the next one like a good little boy and stop crying. Embrace the suck and get over yourselves.

Respect.

No reason to rush it usually.
    Some of CMs best round I�ve played have come from ones that seem lost early and stalemates.