• not cancer

24 48.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't like boilers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone in this thread said. Boilers are cancer, but I would rather defend a FOB against gas instead of being pounced and neuroed all the time. Jesus fuck the amount of time I get spammed neuro is impossible to count, and the pounces, OH GOD THE FUCKING POUNCES.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boilers are cancer because they are extremely difficult to counter. Marine fire support assets ( CAS, mortars, OB) are limited in nature, are meta'd by xenos ("RED DOT", cause they should totally know what those do /s), and require an act of god to coordinate and use effectively.

The boiler is that artilleryman's wet dream. A self-contained unit that requires minimal support other than the occasional guard unit, does not rely on logistics whatsoever to fire, can sight its own targets at maximum range, and has no risk of friendly fire whatsoever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChengChan View Post
    Man... Boiler is easy to kill. Let it throw a gas and acid.. Then rush or be robust. Don't mind your comdrades.
    My exact thoughts while reading the replies on this thread. Push after cloud, dodge the line spit, and it's an easy kill. Free Cheng!
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burn damage is laughably easy to fix so I don't mind it that much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To clarify. I don't think boilers are dangerous. I hate them, but they're not ravagers or crushers. They're just the most annoying thing because of the gas spam. I'd rather deal with hivelords spamming walls and sticky resin or a crusher train.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boilers are terrible to deal with but their absolute awfulness really shines in exact places on certain maps. Like chokes of hell, the giant tube cave on lv, the places where you have to force a hundred marines through a baby's indestructible anus while it's constantly swelling with gas.