User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Did spitter neurotoxin get nerfed?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justicer3792 View Post
    How is the new neuro a buff to neuro? Sure it's reliable, but mediocrely reliable and can't be used to guard anymore.
    Now you can stun multiple marines, one after another. Two spits are enough to prevent marine from suiciding as host in hive, three will put him to sleep so he won't try anything funny next. Magharness is basically useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    Don't respond to CABAL he's just shit-posting.

If he really cared about balance he would complain about marine stuns as well.
    Marine stuns were nerfed, should I complain? Because I don't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Now you can stun multiple marines, one after another. Two spits are enough to prevent marine from suiciding as host in hive, three will put him to sleep so he won't try anything funny next. Magharness is basically useless.

Marine stuns were nerfed, should I complain? Because I don't.
    Marine stuns aren't nerfed. Nerfed implies they are no longer overpowered. Nuero requires staying on weeds for continuous use and still suffers RNG, not to mention several shots are needed to take a marine down. Marines stuns are just point and click in general direction instant kill.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marine stuns aren't nerfed. Nerfed implies they are no longer overpowered. Nuero requires staying on weeds for continuous use and still suffers RNG, not to mention several shots are needed to take a marine down. Marines stuns are just point and click in general direction instant kill.
    What? Since when "Nerfed" implies something is no longer overpowered? Maybe Urban dictionary isn't the best example, but it is something (Something > Nothing): https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nerf
    If I would reduce Abomination stats by 1% each, would it be a nerf, or what? How do you call something like that? Buff? Fix? Any newspeak comming from benomains?

Neuro requires standing on weeds? Dude, Neth "Fix" decreased neuro cost by 50% (25 plasma instead of 50), you can put to sleep 5 marines working in a group as lone Sentinel and you will still have a lot of neuro left to reset their timers.
    What RNG? Neuro is 100% hit, where do you see RNG? I will roll the dice and if it will land on number between 1 and 6, then I win. Is there random chance that I win?
    3 shots to stun marine, 1 to slow him down for 6 seconds, 2 to induce shellshock for 4 seconds. You know what is Shell Shock in CM? Can't shoot guns, can't arm nades, can barerly walk. Isn't that enough? Stripping everything down to just two shots, it's a buff, because not only RNG doesn't exist, marine can't defend himself after second shot, while before you always poped up after few ticks. Magharness is now completly useless, even if you are nested.

Marine stuns aren't nerfed? Let me quote changelog: "Massively reduced stun from grenades to xenos." and "Buckshot stuns less, slowdowns for more time instead." Hmmm... I guess that's not "nerf" because it didn't make benos less OP, it buffed them instead.

Marine stuns are just point and click in general direction instant kill? What fucking weapon does that besides SADAR (and LTB after DEFCON 2, but really, how many rounds get that)? One spec, literally one spec, one marine against atleast 30 benos each round and here I hear complains.
    Maybe Slugs are "point and click in general direction instant kill"? I just want to know if you know how many slugs it takes to kill Elder Runner. Now take it's speed in account, now ask Admeme to spawn you in Thunderdome with Elder runner and try to hit it this amount of times before he slash you to death.
    Maybe Buckshot is "point and click in general direction instant kill"? What about firing delay? What about directional ligthing? What about T3's that can't be stunned? What about 1 tick stun? What about armor? What about it pushing you back, away from marines to help you escape?
    Maybe Tank running you over is "point and click in general direction instant kill"? Oh please, this super fast sanic tank that can't chase hungry marine in heavy armor is too fast for you?
    What other stuns that require simple "point and click" do marines have? Let me think... Ah, I know! Marines can run up to benos, move their cursor on it, click and pounce, which teleports marine on top of beno who is then stunned for longer than few ticks, so that marine can slash beno's head and break bones inside, also make him blind. Fucking marines and their pounces, all they need is to point and click instant kill.
    Last edited by CABAL; 07-24-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    nice...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    SNIP.
    A marine only needs half a second to start lobbing nades or to buckshot some poor nest guardian because nuero shat on them. You can't lock down a squad of marines, you can lock down one marines and maybe two if you have a second xeno who manages to injure the first stunned marine quick enough.

Marines stuns are reliable and accurate. Shotgun spam lets marines stun lock even tanky xenos. Marines stuns are either high damage (buckshot) or AP (slug). Nades can hold down an entire flank by them-self, or just chain stun T3s to death. It's even a PFC kit!

Only lurkers have magic TP and only if your standing still. Also literally no xeno aims for the eyes cos imialky is basically always found on medic or even mini-medics. The entire marines force carriers enough magic pills to have health regen that rivals Queen Recovery.

T;,dr: Marines stuns are high damage and low skill (since marines are the spammer faction they have to be) and xenos stuns are high skill and punishing (which sucks).

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -*roar-
    What? What Sentinel in ther right mind would engage marine with shotgun in buckshot range? Why neuro exist at this point if this part of "gameplay" has to be taken as argument against marines? Can you just like... Wait for marine with a shotgun to break wall/door of his nest and then neuro him from safe distance? The only valid point is that it's fairly easy for marine to suicide after breaking out of the nest, but this is a great opportunity to force benos to spend more aliens and more types of aliens for guarding hosts. Runner is all what is needed to solve suicide problems.
    Marine needs half a second to start lobbing nades? You do know that nades have like atleast 4 seconds to explode after they are activated? Like if he throws it, you can dodge easly, if he tries to cook it, you can safely wait, either he throws, or he bombs himself. Or have a runner/lurker/warrior companion by your side.
    Marine needs half a second to buckshot some poor nest guardian sentinel? Oh, I forgot how fast marines are, how fast they can draw their weapon, how fast they can wield it, how short is firing delay, how sentinels are slow, how neuro doesn't slow marines and everything.

Yeah, only lurkers teleport, Warriors, Runners and Ravagers gently walk to you instead? Also no beno can hit eyes, all you will do is slashing head, however blinding rate had to be stealthy fixed, because recently I never went blind, while just after armor update it happened constantly.

Oh yeah, entire marine force shares those pills instantly, they simply teleport from Almayer into our stomach when they are needed.

If we would compare Beno and Marine HP pool, then accordingly Marine stuns wouldn't be high damage, they are short and most of them requires some skill and can't be safely spammed. Nade spam will stun and kill marines, shotgun stun will stun and kill marines, SADAR will stun and kill marines, etc.

Besides, you made the point yourself: "(since marines are the spammer faction they have to be)". I wonder why they "have to be". Why indeed? Maybe they face bullet sponge opponent that is too fast to catch? Huh? Impossible. Thoughtcrime against benomains.

"xenos stuns are high skill and punishing (which sucks)." *High-pitched laugh*
    Seriously?

Read what you wrote again, then try to remember pounces, neuro, acid sprays, screech, burrower ability etc. Did you read it again?
    Are you sure you still mean it?

Oh, how do I hate when Lurker tries to pounce a marine, but accidentaly he shoots rocket at other benos, killing them in process.
    You can't imagine how it's frustrating when some baldo Sentinel shoots neuro twice, hits other beno and stuns it and breaks bones inside.
    I don't know how bald are Praes who shoot their nades at beno cades, really.

"You can't lock down a squad of marines...", no, you won't lock down 20 marines, you won't lock down 10 marines, you won't lock down 5 marines, but decent Sentinel with skills will. You could say that no lurker could kill 40 marines shipside while being alone there, but such things were fairly common when benos could heal on Almayer with Queen still planetside.
    Benos are easy to play, it's not hard to be a decent beno, however god-like robusto with right tools will decimate squads of robust marines alone. No matter how robust single marine is, there is no chance for him to kill more than few benos without really cheezy tactics (like mines) and I'm not talking about robust aliens, I'm talking about bald aliens.
    Balance politics are currently the opposite as they should be. Aliens should be balanced around their fullest potential, because there isn't much of them, so single unit posses great ammounts of power, while Marines should be balanced around their weakest part, baldos, because they have to work together to achieve anything, in that case it's better to not die due to somebody else stupidity.
    Last edited by CABAL; 07-24-2019 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Not all of my salt was depleted

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Holy fuck dude. I wanna engage in discussion with you on all those points, but this will be a month I can't get back

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Holy fuck dude. I wanna engage in discussion with you on all those points, but this will be a month I can't get back
    It's a blessing and curse to have a job where you don't have much to do most of the time, but you can't actually play during that time, so then I have eruption of thoughts that I spill on forum like boiler does his acid on a wall, just to fuck survs up.

The main and most important point is that Neuro wasn't nerfed, nor left in the same state. It was reworked with few bugs, then fixed alongside with buff, so that current state of Neuro means it's overally buffed. No arguing required as it is obvious.

However I have one thing that bugs me: Neuro rework was added with some bugs (nothing bad, just such things happens, no big deal), it stayed in this state for a while, then cames another update that fixed bugs and buffed reworked Neuro at once. How it was possible to gather reliable feedback from playerbase, so that was decided that buff was required, when they only experienced bugged (in favour of other side) version?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neuro is shit.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco52 View Post
    Neuro is shit.
    I haven't played with it since last weekend but until it stuns someone for more than 1 second it will be complete shit. Doesn't matter how many shots it takes or how much it dazes or anything, you cant capture at all with neuro that lasts 1 second.

Now if they fixed the sleep part then ya I will have to re-evaluate it.