User Tag List

Thread: Late Round Antagonist ERTs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Late Round Antagonist ERTs

Rounds will usually span for somewhere between 1-2 hours. However, we'll often get the usually 3 hour rounds, or even 4 hours at times, which is a real pain in the ass for everyone dead waiting.

So I was thinking that around the 2 hour mark, to help spice things up and maybe speed things along, issues will start happening ship side, such as UPP boarding. I feel this would help speed things along and give the dead something fun to do, along with the players on the Almayer running around with nothing to do.

I'd think there should be some conditions implemented around this time period, like the amount of xenos alive or marines dead or something like that, so I'm leaving it up for discussion first instead of skipping straight to gitlab.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I think that's a good idea in theory, I feel that will just cause more problems: For one, I'm sure CIC usually calls the cryo reinforcements whenever they are available, so ghost players will have a chance of getting back in.

Also, considering that the proverbial hostile ERT will always dock at either port or starboard, when it lands, the players joining in the middle of the round would be fucked. Ol' PFC James "Jimmy" Jamison wouldn't appreciate waking up and then immediately get taken out of the round because 'lol hostile ERT.'

I get that you'd want something to spice up the round, but a hostile ERT just wouldn't do that. It would just disrupt the shipside roles and possible fuck over the marines. Let's say the round is in a bit of a stalemate, but marines can keep holding on and wait for better supplies to come in, or do their best to whittle down the xenos before making an assault, then the hostile ERT lands. What if Req gets blown up or all the doctors in medbay get decapped? The marines would then lose through no fault of their own.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I've got a great example of this being terrible. Just yesterday, there was a CLF onboard the Almayer. They destroyed any chance of defcon 1 happening, nearly triggered SD (hilarious), and caused a round to go on 1 1/2 hours more than necessary. Therefore, hard no to Antag ERTs, who can even cause such delays in the first place.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you wanna spice the round up, spawn the erts on the battlefield and make them hostile to both xenos and marines

shipside, add non hostile ert's or at least non openly hostile erts to raise tension and make things more engaging for shipside roles, without just giving the ERT a license to kill everyone

or you know, add ship side changelings

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    or you know, add ship side changelings
    oh god please no! No! Nooooooooooooooo!
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    if you wanna spice the round up, spawn the erts on the battlefield and make them hostile to both xenos and marines

shipside, add non hostile ert's or at least non openly hostile erts to raise tension and make things more engaging for shipside roles, without just giving the ERT a license to kill everyone.

I agree with that, Spawning bunker ladders on maps and a underground bunker so Hostile ERT could be part of the round. That will spice up.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: