User Tag List

Thread: Musely - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Musely - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Musley
    Character Name?
    Rex Texas
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Grimcad or Emerald Blood, not sure
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    N/A
    What other servers do you play on?
    Sometimes Paradise
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    It was originally a CMP/MP ban reduced to an CMP only ban after appeal of that incident.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable): I'm not sure I can access it any more since it was on the old forums. I think it might be as far back as for being in the shotgun ban thing?
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I was told to appeal after some time, and it's been a long time since I was CMP banned. I've played MP since then without incident and would like to have the option of playing as a CMP again.

I've certainly taken much more care to make sure I'm following rules as best I can when I play MP because of the higher bar it requires, since you can get ahelped for any error at all. I've also gotten a lot more lenient in perhaps not law enforcing, but sentencing. I haven't sentenced anyone to a non-capital crime for more than 15 mins in months at this stage.

I don't really have too much else to say. It's been a long time and I've improved my MP game a lot.
    Last edited by Musely; 05-06-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 05-06-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man that note from March 4th still rubs me the wrong way. That staff member knew that wasn't the case, was out of context and noted me anyway after I carefully explained it to them.

That last note too was something me and the synthetic player were fine with, but a staff member intervened regardless. Don't really disgaree with it, but wish we'd just been left to our fun without a big note.

Just wanted to say since it's been a while since I saw my notes. Everything else is more or less accurate.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. I'll be handling your appeal from this stage onwards, so, can I get in your words what occurred for the two notes that were in contention.

The synth event and the note from the 4th.

You have a large history of issues with MP roles, but are clear for some time. Respond in your own time about the above notes and hopefully I can get this appeal wrapped up in short order.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the note from the 4th was an SO note, so probably not all that relevant to a CMP unban. But regardless, whoever noted me just didn't care to hear my side of the story. This is basically how it went. "Bwoink - why did you mark everyone for insub?" / "they started calling me "fuck you maggot" instead of sir" / "yeah but you ordered them to call you that and then started marking them for insub" / "no, I said "call me sir or fuck you maggot" to a marine who was calling me texass and they started to meme it" / "okay you can't order someone to be insubordinate and mark them for insub, i'm noting you"

They really wanted to note me, whoever it was. Zero common sense applied. I'd love to see the logs of that convo with the mod/admin.

As for the synth note, the synth player and myself were fine with it. Talked with the synth after the fact who not only didn't ahelp, but talked with another admin who said the noting admin had been watching me and stepped in unilaterally. Agreed that I was overly aggressive with my roleplayed dislike of synths, just disliked an admin noting me for something both players were fine with, as if one of the players wasn't.

Anyway, that's all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, thank you for your answers. I'll be discussing this with the others and get a decision made later today.
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will be lifted within 24 hours. Nudge me if it isn't, on discord.

Resolved. Accepted.
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager