User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Redo Squad SL Req

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spec having access did nothing. It's still clicking a ridiculous number of times to vend all the equipment because otherwise new joiners don't get anything. This was Req's job, no idea why it's now a SL's job. Wasn't the vendor points system supposed to help phase this attachment stuff out? Because it doesn't.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You not liking the feature =/= useless feature.

New joiners still get stuff from req. SL req's sole purpose is to mitigate the queue times - which it does.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also suggest COs giving more time before briefing so we dont crowd any reqs. I can't remember who,I think it was Snake, where a CO ordered a 12:10 briefing and like 12:16 take off. Nobody got all of their attachments or items, some of us like myself deployed with no ammo. No real reason to deploy quickly.

Contrast with a round last night where the CO ordered a 12:30 briefing. All squads were able to visit and get equipped from their SL vendors. Rigga, who normally despises vending, was able to finish everyone's order at like 12:19 with a few minutes to spare. While this was relatively low-pop, the difference was night and day. Deploying with no ammunition vs deploying after a now rare charlie breakfast. It also helped both characters with access did help vend, I think the Spec specifically vended ammo crates to deplpy so the SL could focus on attachments.

Actual req seems pretty alright now, they get more time and focus on crates. And most SL's do last minute Max Vend on high demand items as they walk out to the dropship so Latejoins don't get *totally* locked out. The new change seems to only fail if you have no SL/Spec or SL/Spec that can't be bothered.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reqs and this new SL reqs thing are just forced 'RP' there to stop the game becoming a 'pure' TDM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a mechanical non-RP standpoint the new req system grants SL's and Specs a personal req to draw upon to make their gearing up easier to a degree.

While this does put more constraints on SL's, I think this can be bypassed if CO/XOs are more willing to wait an extra 5 minutes for briefing/deployment, around 12:25 would be ideal.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When COs/XOs do briefing is unfortunately out of my hands. The most we can do is to delay the early launch cooldown from 12:15 to 12:20 but that would need some survivor adjustments as well.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like squad req pushes back deployment time since SLs and Req just take so long and COs have to do breifing as early as they feel comfy with, so they can deploy as fast as possible, so marines can start killing xenos as fast as possible so xenos can't snowball into ancient.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starting Briefing at anytime later than 12:20 is probably going to kill the Survivors.

You guys either need to pack less and make do or just double dip or come back up later.

We often plan around getting them as soon as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    combat marines and especially important ones like specs and SLs are generally needed on the ground for as long as possible to help with fighting and pfc herding. even when they come up for other reasons like getting bones fixed or infections treated, they want to be back on the ground asap. i respect this experiment for taking a crack at something, but it doesnt seem to be working out and im at a loss on how to make it work out.

some of these items should be shuffled into the autocloset points system and the rest should be shuffled into cargo's hands while we consider improved tools and procedures to help cargo handle their task better.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just give e eryone a shit ton of vendor points expand vendor stock, and give the exotic shit to req, boom problem solved