RedsPro
    Your Character Name?
    Sam Greene
    Their BYOND Key
    Sargash/Aceluke
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    9:00 EST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    1. Send a personal message (PM) to the violator asking them to explain their actions
    a. Give them a respectable time to respond. They might not be able to respond that second. If there is a group running and fighting put the individuals to sleep that seem to be causing an issue, inform them through LOOC or OOC that they've been put to sleep by a staff member, then deal with them accordingly. Make sure that other people don't steal from them or anything of the sort.
    b. It is recommended that you get a second staff member to help with larger groups of possible rule breakers so you can resolve the situation faster.

3. Determine the seriousness of the issue
    a. This is very important because the seriousness should match the punishment. For example: using light netspeak (emoji's and such) is not a bannable offense for first time offenders; however, killing a marine for an insufficient reasons is.

5. Determine the punishment.
    a. Determine the bare minimum punishment. There's no reason to jump straight to a ban, especially if the incident didn't cause a major disruption to the game. Try to use warnings, and if you do need to ban don't be excessive. Most bans should not be above 12 hours.
    b. If a player�s general ban time exceeds 24 hours (they�re constantly being banned for more than 24 hours) then a permanent ban request may be filed if needed. If a player�s general ban time exceeds more than three days, then it is recommended that a permanent ban request is filed.
    c. If you feel someone needs to receive a permanent ban, give them a ban for 10,080 minutes (7 days) and make a post in the Permaban Request section of the admin forums explaining the situation and why you believe a permaban should be enforced. This should ONLY be done for repeat offenders, or players griefing the server (those bald pajama marines that shoot up the place).
    Description of the incident
    At the beginning i was shitposting in general, This is a warnable offense which i was kicked for. Thats fine i don't mind so i took my shitposting back to shitposting. This is where the problems started to arise. I was kicked by Aceluke without a private message telling me that i was kicked and why. When i returned he told me informally that i was removed for "insultposting". He then stated he was "cracking down on toxicity". This was new information on the martial law of shitposting so i let the lads know in the shitposting channel to be careful on what they say. No more insults. Gabo immediately started shitposting insults directed towards me so i first gave him a warning then i called for assistance. When Aceluke finally showed up i was knee deep in insults directed towards me and Aceluke then proceeded to tell me to cease. The screenshots show that these are obviously insults.
    Aceluke dislikes me. He doesn't hide it. That's fine i don't care but when he abuses his power to unfairly judge my crimes while an equal crime happens and goes overlooked then i have a problem. Proceeding onto my next issue. Sargashes handling of the situation. He gave me no warning or insight that the shitposting i was participating in at the time was against the rules. Looking over the screenshots of the conversation, It was not. This was him bending the rules to justify my ban. That's a problem and an abuse of power. Along with Aceluke, Sargash never messaged me telling me why or that i was even banned/removed from the community. This is another breach of protocol and an issue. I understand my initial kick and warning tag, but being banned from the Discord for shitposting in the designated channel is a gross misuse of power. Just for clarification, this report states both Sargash and Aceluke but it is mainly on Sargash, who was the one to initiate the ban. Aceluke was added for his failure to follow protocol.
    Evidence
    1. The initial warning in Shitposting.
    https://gyazo.com/8ed1845b68b5f193723e0e82c2ddeaa7
    2.Gabo leveling insults at me, which i then requested assistance as per the new crackdown on Toxicity.
    https://gyazo.com/49a1c24975a8d220d0952227083af558
    3.Aceluke deeming the situation different.
    https://gyazo.com/b5abe8ac2b7657470556cd31086c268a
    4.More insults
    https://gyazo.com/f762a693eeb0497b9f714b677f0a4d47
    5.Even more insults
    https://gyazo.com/30009970b2c77434eb870879662cb127
    6.Another call for help drowned out by more insults.
    https://gyazo.com/50d7eb51bbb467832837acc6428f9225
    7.More insults, But with the Aceluke come home memes.
    https://gyazo.com/f4d9b1d777733f266c5c8ca7f7dcaee9
    8.More of my meme's
    https://gyazo.com/71212888f40ecde68cdca7168efa8c4c
    9.Sargash giving Gabo a warning tag for shitposting in the designated channel.
    https://gyazo.com/317b37c19af821b90c0323b66f902549
    10. Sargash himself stating to insult in shitposting.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...515_200951.png
    How you would punish the accused
    I trust in their Managers judgement.
    Last edited by RedsPro; 05-16-2019 at 01:44 AM.

Washed up CM-SS13 Host NGGJamie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to pass any sort of official judgement on this. However, I would be inclined not to side with you here, as this very much looks like an attempt to bait a reaction after you were punished.
    Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - 10/19/22

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.

Contact Info:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attempts were made to PM you. However you do not allow yourself to be PMd by people who are not your friends, so their was nothing I could do about it. It appears here that you were told about it anyways. Being upset you go tbanned for breaking the VERY same rule and then some, and not being told about it is a little silly since it literally happened within the hour, AND you had a warning tag for it.

That would be like us giving a warning to someone in game, and kicking them from the server. Having them rejoin, and then do the very same thing again. And then kick them again for them to rejoin. The warning tag and you being kicked WAS you being talked to. And this is not your first offense for this behavior.

On Aceluke's side, you were asked to stop something. Continued to do it. Then got kicked. After the warning. I fail to see what else was expected. Another warning? If you're asked to stop something, stop it. It's really that easy. If we're forced to kick you to make you stop. You come back and do the very same thing, including pinging the person that kicked you. You've already been asked, and told to stop. We're not going to tell you to stop a third time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting here as a discord mod

I would like to state that it seems you are trying to bait them. Additionally the form you are using really doesn't apply since discord has different rules than the server (IE we don't pin notes, we warn people on the server instead of pms ect.)

Sargash told you to do it on your own time and dm each-other. CM SS13's discord is not the place for harrasing staff or players. Regarding our "new policy" harassment and throwing insults at people has always been a kickable offense. I honestly believe Ace has a bit more tolerance than I do. I usually give a couple warnings then a ban. He gave you a kick and you kept derisively mocking him in shitpost.

Forgetting Gabo's involvement in all this (basically he was reacting to you harassing ace) I can only recommend that you learn how to listen with courtesy, speak with candor, and act with integrity like a proper adult. It will benefit you not only in not being banned from discord but in achieving life goals and happiness.

Take some time from discord and cool your heels.
    Last edited by starmute; 05-16-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say the following in your report
    Sargash giving Gabo a warning tag for shitposting in the designated channel.
    Which means you're obviously aware this whole thing is a joke. You pinged Aceluke with a clear attempt to envoke some sort of reaction from him. Additionally, we also specifically have a rule against pinging staff to fuck with them, shitposting included. While you're free to appeal this ban, you clearly were looking to get some reaction from certain people so just because it was negative, you still have to accept the consequences of your actions. I will remind Aceluke to inform people why they were kicked/banned at the very least. Resolved.