• no this sounds like a bad idea

31 57.41%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Discord Political Channel Suggestion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, there are good places to discuss politics, game discords are generally not those. Also I think it would be far too americentric.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In all honesty, I say yes, but there's a heavy part of me that says no.

For instance,
    When we ended a townhall one time, we got into it with a conservative user who shall not be named and a good amount of fellow lefties and liberals. I'd like to say that the conservative user in all honesty was trying to find a good argument with someone, however, the room devolved into a massive dog piling on him, which was not cool as well as one person coming after him who was gishgalloping and hogging the mic the entire time, and in all the time he did this, effectively said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING throughout this entire time.

Listen, if we have this, we'll need more Discord mods, and on top of that, we'll have to look out for the far right types that could get our discord shut down.
    In case you weren't aware, Discord still to this day after the events that happened in Charlotsville (pardonspelling) is looking for far right users that are more leaning towards ideologies like NSDAP as well as other fascist entities, alongside ethno-nationalist peoples. I was an admin in the biggest political server in Discord, "Politics" there, we had a very rough time with a far right terrorist organization based in Florida called, AWD, also known as Atomwaffen Division, a group that advocates for killing minorities, blowing up nuclear powerplants, and heavily read into the works of Savitri Devi, James Mason, and at times, Adolf Hitler. They went into some discord bots git, and made it so they could gain control of admin functions, and started spamming swastikas, gore, and were even accusations of them distributing CP to get users banned. I also had a VERY bad run in with them as well. They got multiple servers shut down, be it political or apolitical.

In all reality, I'll be quite frank here. Some of the people in this server can't even communicate with one another effectively over VC, imagine trying to get into said peoples beliefs over the mic. I for one, like the funny/goofy/memey nature of CM. I'd hate to have a bunch of Neo Nazis in here telling me to read Siege or calling me racial obscenities or Anti Semitic remarks.

However, if this does go through, we'll need for a voice channel
    1. A new ruleset for the specific channel
    2. A moderation guideline for the specific channel
    3. Constant moderation in said channel
    4. A room to allow for constant sourcing and whatnot

To echo what the Admin said earlier.
    Fuck no.

It's not worth it at all.
    Last edited by Ratpack; 05-20-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    Can we get a #freespeech discord channel with no rules that staff can't see?

thanks in advance

Anyone can make a discord.

Just not a channel on our discord.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love politics.

I go to forums dedicated to politics to talk about it.

Just like I come to CM to talk about CM.

And never the twain shall meet. I don't even use the CM discord because all the bleed over from it into the game seems to be shitposting and pointless drama, that would just make it even more toxic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want the nazi's in our community to out themselves so I can ban them is that so much to ask for?
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the people who want this channel and who doesn't and I think it's pretty clear what would happen in the channel.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    Look at the people who want this channel and who doesn't and I think it's pretty clear what would happen in the channel.
    You hurt my feelings Spooky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterClould View Post
    I just want the nazi's in our community to out themselves so I can ban them is that so much to ask for?
    well yes, because if they don't break any rules even if they are a nazi they shouldn't be banned

after thinking about it I think this channel would be a terrible idea because people would be banned for their opinions instead of for insulting each other

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peace trough power! There are no proofs that Kane knew about bia?ystok scandal!

Frist thread posted on this forum that may convince me to become filthy discordian myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahKirchner View Post
    well yes, because if they don't break any rules even if they are a nazi they shouldn't be banned

after thinking about it I think this channel would be a terrible idea because people would be banned for their opinions instead of for insulting each other
    Being a Nazi or supporting Nazi ideology breaks our no racism or bigotry rule. I would be happy to ban them for it, I'd do it with a smile on my face.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.