User Tag List

View Poll Results: well, what you think?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • great idea misto

31 49.21%
  • bad idea misto

22 34.92%
  • MY idea is way better

5 7.94%
  • tl dr

5 7.94%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: on the fate of facehugging

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corpsedragging was removed because it was used to hide marines so they couldn't be revived. Bringing it back in any shape or form is fucking awful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Removing live incubation of hosts would be cutting out the core Alien inspired premise of the whole game. The life cycle of the xenomorph doesn't have the same oomph if all the hosts are corpses. Not a fan of this idea personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please.

please god actually read the words people type.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaznoodles View Post
    Corpsedragging was removed because it was used to hide marines so they couldn't be revived. Bringing it back in any shape or form is fucking awful.
    please actually read the discussion we've been having in the thread. if the dragging is only permitted when the defib timer is up then the body is already permanently dead and this complaint is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by kroack View Post
    Removing live incubation of hosts would be cutting out the core Alien inspired premise of the whole game. The life cycle of the xenomorph doesn't have the same oomph if all the hosts are corpses. Not a fan of this idea personally.
    if you took the time to read the original post, you will see that i included some possibilities that live infections might still happen. for example, the part where i talked about how eggs and resin holes could still get people, but with no k.o. time and only a brief stun that ends once the hugger falls off. (and you could have the hugger fall off even quicker, if you want, there are so many things you could do)

i only specified that xenos couldnt use held huggers on conscious people anymore. you dont have to eliminate live infections to eliminate the need for live prisoners, because with no incentive to keep prisoners alive if larva grow in dead ones, they arent going to bother with it

im frankly shocked that only one single person was honest and voted tl dr so far when its obvious lots more ought to be
    Last edited by misto; 05-21-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this idea.

We could definitely have a test branch and see how it works out. If it goes too far from the Alien feeling - we can just revert it back and make it a feature of Beta/Zeta/Corrupted hives.

Dragging corpses shouldn't be a problem. A corpse reaching past defibtime is 99% caused by said marine wandering off and if you are undefibable, why would you care?

If people are 400% disgusted of xenos dragging unrevivable corpses (for reasons I can't think of, we can exclude burst marines from DEFCON), we can just make xenos able to bury corpses. Diggable by marines. It'd however really take away from the hive feeling, so I'm not a fan of this compromise.

So yeah, unless the other devs think this is not a good idea, I may start working on it.

Keep discussing it here, though.
    Last edited by Vicacrov; 05-21-2019 at 05:48 PM.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes
    i agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this change, it will create a whole new dynamic on the battlefield and give medical / researchers more to do. Not to mention this gives carriers more to do and gets rid of monotonous nest-guarding sentinels have to do every single round. We should definitely test this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misto View Post

3. make xenos scavengers of the dead - this will necessitate removing the pull restrictions, of course. (EDIT: HEY PAY ATTENTION! IF THE DRAGGING IS ONLY ALLOWED ONCE THE DEFIB TIMER IS UP THEN YOU CAN STOP QUIVERING IN YOUR BOOTIES ABOUT MISSING OUT ON DEFIBS) huggers can now interact with corpses to produce viable larvae. dead marine mains should pray that their allies recover their bodies for resurrection or else move on into the cryo-ert waiting list. if this makes marines too sad, throw them a bone by extending defib time - recovering dead bodies can be so much fun!

4. multibursting should be removed because rarely is there ever a shortage of corpses. burrowed larva can stay as a sort of virtualized storage space for larvae, but the amount of free larvae received for marine logons should probably be reduced to reflect plentiful corpse supply

5. resin nests should be removed because their only purpose is to keep living people prisoner, which isnt going to be a factor anymore.
    I did read your original post. These were the most big huge changes. In my opinion dragging off corpses to be infected does not make as interesting a dynamic as dragging off living marines, even if you keep in traps.

Edit: I also wanted to say I don't hate the idea and I'd be more than willing to play some test rounds with it.
    Last edited by kroack; 05-21-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misto View Post
    please.

please god actually read the words people type.

please actually read the discussion we've been having in the thread. if the dragging is only permitted when the defib timer is up then the body is already permanently dead and this complaint is empty.
    I definitely read it. This is still going to end up being hiding corpses to cripple marines. Every time a marine dies, more points are added onto how many you need for DEFCON because each corpse is worth points. Meaning, if xenos just drag undefibbable corpses away, enjoy ever hitting any level. Exactly what I meant by 'bringing t back in any shape or form is fucking awful". I should've explained that a little better.

(but hey anything is better than lmao 3 minute KO wake up and you're permanested because of neuro and checkerboards and delays)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaznoodles View Post
    I definitely read it. This is still going to end up being hiding corpses to cripple marines. Every time a marine dies, more points are added onto how many you need for DEFCON because each corpse is worth points. Meaning, if xenos just drag undefibbable corpses away, enjoy ever hitting any level. Exactly what I meant by 'bringing t back in any shape or form is fucking awful".
    then it sounds like the core of this specific problem is with how defcon works and counts things. it's a big change we're talking about, so a lot of surrounding systems will need to change with it so that they don't clash with each other too harshly, and that ought to include changes to how defcon calculates corpses and corpse point values

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like resin holes, but maybe that's just because it takes me back to space nam' fighting against the VC.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.