Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

smov - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Smov

Player Name You Use Most?
    Morgan Young

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    None

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No I haven�t

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    To be honest, I believe that a Battlefield execution should be used only in extreme cases. If it compromises either the Mission objective or the players enjoyability of the round. There is no point having a player messing around with the other marines, only benefiting disorder and LRP. There is a thin line between breaking the rules and LRP, and I try to keep things IG, but if it escalates to a level that will clearly be considered as trolling or purposly harming the round, then i would AHelp.

Well there are some diferences between BE and a regular execution. Firstly a Regular execution involves the MP arresting the accused and can only be authorized by either the Commanding Officer or with Both of XO and CMP consent if the CO is absent. An annoucement must be made explaining what happened, and during the execution, the CO,XO or the CMP must be present, and the accused must be allowed a final word.

A BE is quite different.It lacks the formality of the Regular execution. I would use it as a maximum punishment if a marine breaks a law that has a death penalty, but there is no time to waste in such formalities or if I don�t have any MPs available to perform the arrest and wait for a proper moment to do a Regular execution, since time is critical during Operations.
    I understand that executing a player would remove him from the current round, therefore, before making that move, I would reflect every aspect of the accused charges. ( ex: Whether he did it intentionally or not, Is the damage unrepairable, etc ), before making my final decision.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    My IG character would be a commander that expected the best of his marines, and therefore i would respect every man under my command. When i RP as a XO or SO, I always take into account my SLs Suggestions, because I only have the view from the OW helmet cameras, while SLs communicate directly with their own and other squad members in the battlefield and are in the �direct� Command of squad marines, having a wide variety of information that i do not possess at that moment, and for that reason, Knowing how to listen to all staff members and SLs will give me a wide information on what is going on specifically.
    As for the insubordinate Engineering Staff,I would hear firstly their side of the story and if i thought that they were just doing it on purpose I would tell MPs to go there and deal with it with 2 diferent aproaches, depending on the need of the engineering department at the time. If i needed the Engineering Staff for the time being, i would ask the MPs to NJP and warn them as punishment. If i didn�t, then a time in the brig would do them just fine, and after their release, if they continued, I would have to carry on with more drastic measures, for example a demotion.
    As for the Incompetent Staff Officer I would warn him first and if it continues I would Demote him. I believe that the demoting system should be used more often instead of putting people on the brig, because while someone is brigged, an MP must be there ( except for the perma brig ), in which i could use that MP to perform further duties required. Therefore i would still keep my insubordinate Staff Officer Doing his duty on something less vital to the mission, and i had MPs available.

As for a mutiny, I would prefer the diplomatic aproach first and would try to solve the problem that they had. Then i would look at the ammount of mutineers there were, because if everyone is against me, then i must be doing something wrong, and in that case, I would probably Step out of Command, if they had a valid reason, to avoid both needless deaths or continuous mission failure in the eyes of the marines.
    By the other hand if i saw that the mutiny was just a handfull of men that had either a petty reason or just a a small problem ( Ex: Disagreeing with orders,Blaiming on the death of some marines), and all the other marines were not complaining , then i would ask both all the Staff Members loyal to me and the MPs to protect the chain of command. I would firstly tell them to lay down their weapons, and if they showed to be very agressive, i would have to authorize Riot countermeasures ( Ex: Tear Gas,Taser,etc), or the use of lethal force in the worst scenario.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    A Commanding Officer is much more than a figure that holds an high rank, and for that reason he has to be respected. It is someone that has proven himself worthy of leading men, and received both his marines respect and recognition in being their Commanding Officer. It is someone that is in charge of the lives of the ship�s crew he is leading, and coordenates all squads for a single objective.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    Well to be honest I believe the CO role is fine as it is, and I can�t think of a way of improving it even more, right now.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    Well I�ve been playing XO and SO roles for the past few months ( more active now since im on vacation ), to improve my command skill. I understand that ops sometimes go for the worse, other for the better, but I always try to move on, even if the OP goes badly, Using new battle plans or other types of new strategy. But most of all i want everyone to have fun, even in defeat, because there is no point on winning rounds if there is no enjoyability of the round.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    Becoming a captain

Commander Morgan Young was an experienced Staff Officer at the USS Triar. They were sent to investigate the outer Ring of the Aracnae System where a UPP atack was reported by a merchant vessel to the High Command where they sent USS Triar.
    ------------------------------------------------------27/03/2182--------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------12:00----------------------------------------------------------
    Announcement: �Attention all crew, We are arriving to the aracnae system to begin the investigation on the reported atack made by a merchant vessel. All personnel head to their stations and resume your duties�
    *CDR Young arrives on the bridge*
    CDR Young � Good morning command. We seem to be aproaching the vessel� have you detected any lifesigns synth?
    Synthetic � Good morning commander. I have scanned the vessel and I found a lifesign, but very weak.
    CDR Young � Copy that, I will dispatch a team to the vessel.
    -----------------------------------------------------12:20---------------------------------------------------------
    *Captain arrives at the bridge*
    CDR Young � Captain on deck !
    CAP Smithens � At ease gentleman. What do we got ?
    LT Rudolph � We are aproaching the vessel via vector 210 North Captain. The synth has scanned the ship and there is 1 lifesign aboard.
    CAP Smithens- Alright�. Commander dispatch a team to investigate what happened, and have a report on my desk by 13:30.
    CDR Young � Copy that Captain.
    *Massive explosion*
    CAP Smithens � Commander status report ?
    CDR Young � SIR, scanns show a UPP vessel firing upon us. Medbay suffered heavy damage and Some Dropships at the hangar were damaged as well.
    CAP Smithens- Tell Engineering to start repairing the damaged areas, and lock our weapons on the enemy vessel commander.
    CDR Young- Aye sir. Lieutenants lock the big guns on their vessel and stay ready to fir �.
    *interrupted by LT Grigs shouting*
    LT Grigs- SIR, a second UPP vessel entered the ring and they are sending dropships on us�. Seems they want to board us?
    CAPT Smithens � Do they now ? Lieutenants open fire on the bastards, Executive, make an announcement and order all marines to gear up and prepare to be boarded, I will meet them in the hangar.You have the Command while I�m away.
    CDR Young � Aye Captain.
    -------------------------------------------------------12:30---------------------------------------------------------------
    Announcement- � All combat able marines are to meet up with the Captain at the hangar. 2 UPP Vessels will board us, so stand ready lads and repel the enemy force.All civilian personnel are to head to the bridge. MPs Hold the bridge�s entrance.�
    *The dropships land on the USS Triar and brutal firefighting rages*
    LT Grigs � Sir we are losing ground�. Many good marines have died
    PTE Rickon � SIR, SIR THE CO IS DEAD, THEY ARE PUSHING US. IT WILL BE ANY MINUTE NOW UNTIL THEY REACH THE BRIDGE
    CDR Young � Stay calm lads, tell your men to fall back to the bridge, we regroup and then do a massive push.Have both alpha and bravo squads head to north maintenance and standby�. Once they reach the bridge tell them to move here so they can flank the fuckers.
    LT Grigs � Aye sir
    ----------------------------------------------------20 minutes later----------------------------------------------------
    LT Rudolph � Sir they are C4ing their way into the bridge. We are doomed
    CDR Young � LT GRIGS, ORDER BOTH ALPHA AND BRAVO SQUADS TO FLANK THEM NOW ! WE HAVE THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE
    LT Grigs- Aye sir
    *The Bridge door is blown, and with it UPP show up and intense fire starts in the bridge.
    CDR Young � Get them lads, TAKE NO PRISIONERS
    LT Grigs -Sir, the synth has suffered a critical malfunction and Lieutenant Rudolph is dead.
    CDR Young -KEEP HOLDING LADS, ALPHA AND BRAVO WILL BE HERE ANY MINUTE NOW
    *A huge explosion is heard with Alpha and bravo squads storming into the Bridge*
    SSGT Yunk � We thought you could use some help Commander.
    CDR Young -Seargent, you made it just in time ! Kill those fuckers.
    *Brutal fire fighting happens and the fight ends with the marines victorious*

CDR Young � How about that ah �. Lieutenants make a shipwide announcement and tell the marines that the threat is over. Tell medical personnel to attend the wounded.
    *The team dispatched to the merchant vessel arrives bringing something in their arms*
    SSGT Pirt � Sir, we have found the origin behind the lifesign�. It�s a dog and the little thing was frightened.
    CDR Young � What about survivors Pirt ?
    SSGT Pirt- Negative sir, all dead.
    CDR Young � Copy that seargent, I will inform the High Command about this.Clean this up and we are going home�.
    LT Grigs � Aye Commander, but what do we do with the Captains body and the remaining dead?

CDR Young - have them transported to our memorial, and have them a proper barial� they fought well�. I will inform the High Command on what happened.

LT Grigs � copy that sir.

----------------------------------------------- 1 week later-------------------------------------------------- *The USS Triar arrives on the station*
    Rear Admiral Rothens � Commander, I heard you had some �issues� when the USS Triar was dispatched�.

CDR Young � I did sir, al lis explained in my report.
    Rear Admiral Rothens � we have Commander. You stood your ground when things went for the worse�.
    CDR Young � I did my job sir� my marines were dying and I had to make the call.
    Rear Admiral Rothens- We have a new ship of the fleet, that requires a Captain right now, the USS Almayer.You are a good example of a marine officer and I believe you could teach those boys a thing or two. Now, we would award you captain of the USS Triar, but despite your Captain is dead, we already have someone for the job�. What do you say � Captain ?
    CDR Young � Sir � I don�t know what to say.
    Rear Admiral Rothens- Don�t worry Captain. Report to the High Command conference room for your next assignment. You may promote any Lieutenant you trust as your second in Command. Dismissed.
    Last edited by smov; 12-31-2018 at 12:04 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The formatting of this is absolutely atrocious.

I won't vote on this just yet, in any case.

What is your timezone? Just so I can gauge when you play. I don't recall ever seeing you.

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am portuguese and my timezone is GMT Time. Im surprised you haven�t seen me, since I usually play during the night, which is corresponded to the US afternoon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never seen you in any sort of commanding role or any role for that matter and my usual time im on is your time.
    You need to seriously put in some time as commanding in roles before making an app

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seen you commanding as a XO and as a SO

poor communication, inability to drop supplies, inability to OB

not sure if its a language barrier or you are just generally new, but you definitely need to play in CIC roles and maybe some groundside roles to properly understand what the CPT role entails

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play more command role. -1

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually Contrary to all your guys posts. I take note of my Officers and my XO's usually. I've had you as an SO and a XO quite a few times but the issue that really lies in this is that people don't recognize you due to your time zone, but an insomniac like me plays at all times of the day have seen you and I am impressed by your ability to lead, The other players may not have seen your work but I can attribute Marine Majors have come from your actions and I have rewarded you with medals on more than one occasion.

If its at all possible, to persuade the other members of the council. I fully vouch on your behalf that you do play Command roles and quite frequently. Perhaps play a bit more of it on the NA times so that they may make their own judgement on you.

But from it will be a +1. The story and answers are good but I know you as a player have put in the effort that is required to earn this whitelist. I wish you the best of luck.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taketheshot56 View Post
    I have never seen you in any sort of commanding role or any role for that matter and my usual time im on is your time.
    You need to seriously put in some time as commanding in roles before making an app

+1, I see you plenty and you're helpful in the CiC.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well from what you said I'm guessing you're not a native English speaker, so that explains things about your application.

I won't gauge that as hard, but will look at Bancrose as he say's you're good command staff, so I'll go on his word. Don't let us down. +1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�ve seen them as SO during off hours cause of time zone difference. I�ve never seen anything negative about them, we all make mistakes.

Appplication is fine in my opinion
    +1