Murdo_of_Astora - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Murdo_of_Astora

Marine Name
    Vigil MacLeod

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Ohr�ayon

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Nope!

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yup!

Yautja Character Story
    Amidst the bloodshed did the Yautja stand, elevated upon the thick tree limb that spawned from the many mighty oak trees of this planet. There he stood; just out of sight, just out of detection from the skirmish beneath him. As the Brave Men and Deadly Serpents struggled against one another in vicious combat, Ohr�ayon merely stood there. He watched. He observed. He learned. Just as benevolent S�ahul had taught him.

Slowly he sunk down to squat, his Biomask switching vision modes to pick up Thermal Signatures. These �Oomans� as his brothers had called them, they were physically no match for the Serpents� Yet in spite of this, they pursued. They rallied together, emptying their primitive weapons into the deadly prey as one. What they lacked in physicality, they made up for with technology, with teamwork and sheer tenacity. The squadron he was currently focusing upon, holding fast at a barricade, encompassed everything that made these creatures Worthy Prey.

There was a pause, vision switching to pick up Electromagnetic Fields. The Serpent's became much more apparent; shrieking and slashing at those in their path. While some assaulted the frontlines and fell to the Humans, others were sly, subtle, skulking within the shadows only to strike and withdraw. Their cunning, their cruelty, there biologically engineered form constructed for the soul purpose of slaughter, made them Worthy Prey.

The Yautja stood back up, disengaging his vision mode. Slowly did he reach back to pull free his Combi-Stick. The jagged ends extended with a loud �KER-CHUNK�, as he prepared to leap into the fray. He crouched down, prepared to leap,

But he stopped. He froze. Petrified. Slowly but surely his eyes went back towards the Humans. His mask adjusted, switching to thermal, before zooming in.

Amidst the corpses of her comrades did the Human stand, manning a mounted gun. She was wounded, bone poking clean through her calf, body half hunched� And teeth bared. The Human was furiously firing into the thinning horde of Serpents, a fierce warcry leaving her lips. It was one of pure fury, unbridled rage. In spite of such grevious wounds, in spite of being alone� She was still fighting as fierce as any other combatant upon the field.

Ohr�ayon deftly leapt from tree limb to tree limb, until he stood above the woman. He merely watched as she slowly yet surely claimed victory. The bullets tore through the Serpents, bringing them low. Those that didn�t retreat from her onslaught were burst and broken before her. In the end, only she remained of her squad and the Serpents that assaulted her.

She, was worthy. Her conviction, her tenacity, her sheer force of will� Aye, she would indeed make for a great adversary to overcome. Once she had recovered, he would-

Almost immediately Ohr�ayon looked up, his free hand moving to the disk upon his thigh. Without any hesitation did the Hunter fling it forth, the device slicing through the air before thudding into a tree trunk. Right there, right next to his disk, did a deadly Serpent look up from the woman to stare down the Hunter.

The Human was alerted, quickly bringing her gun up before firing into the canopy. From it did a Serpent fall, having fallen to Ohr�ayon�s keen senses without exposing himself. None would claim this one�s head but him. He would make sure of that.

Calling his disk back to him, Ohr�ayon once more squatted upon the tree limb, intently watching the area around the female Human. Soon enough, others will come to patch her wounds. From there, he shall pursue, follow, observe�

� And when she was whole? When she was at her peak physical health?

Only then, would he Hunt.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Ohayon is a cautious, analytical hunter; in the sense that he takes the time to learn his enemy. He spends extensive time scouting and observing; gaging the strengths and weaknesses of his Prey. Having done that, he would do one of two things:

1) Join the conflict, putting himself against uneven odds with the goal of bringing low as many foes as possible. This is when stealth is thrown to the wind, and ruthlessness is brought to the forefront. Using his knowledge of his foes, he would manipulate their weaknesses to his advantage in order to secure trophies. In game, this would rely on causing FF amidst Marines, triggering Resin Traps to draw Xenomorphs to secluded areas, so on so forth.

2) Single out specific Prey, with the intent of Dueling them. Ohr�ayon would find a noteworthy Marine, or a hard to kill Xenomorph, and see to it that he fights them one on one. In order to meet this end, Ohr�ayon would go as far as to subtly defend them should they be injured prior with the intent of facing them when they�re at full health. In game this would translate to drawing enemies away from his Target, skirmishing, or revealing his position with the intent of rallying his prey�s comrades to their position in order to treat their wounds. This has the most RP potential, as adds an element of Grey Morality to the character while allowing some interaction from Marines/Xenos.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    A Hunt is simply that, hunting down your prey. You track them, learn their mannerisms and strengths before working to overcome them in the face of adversity. You outwit them, play their weaknesses against them until you strike them low and claim your trophy.

An Honor Duel is different. In recognizing that your Prey is unique, you face them on equal terms. You rid yourself of any unfair advantages, even going as far as to wound yourself if that would place you on equal standing. After that, it�s a matter of who�s sheer force of will can overcome the other�s. Should you win, you may opt to take a trophy in the form of their weapon or limb as opposed to a skull.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    I see Ohr�ayon serving as a bit of a �Matchmaker� for his Brothers during rounds. He would take the time to get to know them, learn where their strengths are at their peak and what values make up the contents of their character. Once he�s learned more about his Brothers, he would make it a point to not only search for a single worthy foe for himself, but also take notes of any adversary that would provide challenging adversity for his Brothers.

Tying into his devotion towards S�ahul, Ohr�ayon would offer council to his Brothers, sharing information he has gathered regarding the lay of the land and the Prey that inhabits it. Though he wishes to find the perfect adversary to overcome, that doesn�t change the fact that ultimately he cares for his Brothers. If he had to choose between preserving a chosen Prey or assisting his Brother, Ohr�ayon would always pick the latter. They are kin. Nothing would change that.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I absolutely love the RP aspect of SS13 and CM-SS13 is no exception to this rule. I try to roleplay whenever I can as Vigil MacLeod. That being said, due to the competitive nature of the rounds, I find that I can only get so much RP done without being a detriment to fellow Marines. I see playing a Predator as a way to provide more RP not only for myself, but also for Marines as well.

Plus, Predators are just fucking awesome. Absolutely loved the Yautja ever since I was a wee lad. Still have the AVP Gameboy Game!

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes
    Last edited by Murdo_of_Astora; 05-25-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already talked with you in the whitelist-app channel. Application is very well done. +1

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short story, but not terribly so, but its a pretty good read too this is an easy +1 from me
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont vote on applications anymore, but I'm making an exception for this guy.
    Yes.

Whitelisted Predator SpartanBobby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant say I've seen you ingame but I like the story and from the looks of you seem active on discord

+1
    !!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good player. I've seen him around a lot when I play. Active RPer.

+1.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, sure.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sleepy supporting your app is usually enough to get blacklisted from the role, but I can make an exception this time. Accepted.

Edit: Your ckey is weird so in the event your whitelist is not active, please inform me or the council. I was unable to find you on the CM discord so your perms were not updated there.