User Tag List

Thread: Lagfnacy - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lagfnacy - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Lagfnacy
    Character Name?
    Maximilian "Zuppa" Toscana
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Aceluke
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent job ban
    Remaining Duration
    infinite
    What other servers do you play on?
    none right now. played a bit of Lebensraum last month, but that's about it
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Negatory
    Reason for Ban
    Banned by aceluke|Duration: 10080 minutes|Reason: Grief, improper mutiny, and powergaming as survivor. Upon arrival on the ship as a survivor he invaded research with fellow survivors, when alpha decided to mutiny against command he ended up attempting to blow up command after an LOOC announcement to stop had occurred. Essentially griefing several people and gibbing 3 (including himself in a suicide act) for a mutiny he had no part in. (This is a job ban, I was originally banned for 7 days, but it got reduced to 3 days after speaking to aceluke.)
    by x(x) on Sat, May 18th of 2019
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    This is going to be hard to explain, so I played survivor a lot before getting banned and most of the times I bothered CIC for them to give me access to the labs. Usually I made up a story as to how I know about chemicals and weapons, and that's where the powergaming comes in. So after speaking to Aceluke I came to the realization that I was being a goober and kept constantly breaking that rule so I could play with chemicals.

Now to actually address the job ban, I thought it'd be fun to go up to CIC while there was a mutiny going on and give out some grenades I made. Carrying a potassium and water grenade I ran in, but the mutiny had ended when the admins intervened and it was OOC called off, so I just held it. An MP or the CMP threw a gas grenade into the whole group of marines, which I was in the middle off, and I attempted to scream with the combination of alt+e and I accidentally activated the grenade. While speaking to Ace I realize why I activated the grenade, in the panic I probably held down the z instead of the alt, maybe both of them, triggering the grenade and gibbing myself, another survivor and I am not sure who the third person was.

I knew potassium and water was buffed, but holy shit was it a buff. I hadn't tried it in a long time, so I thought it'd be a similar to the HEDP. I felt horrible for gibbing those two people, it was thanks to the other survivors reaction that I started laughing about it, didn't even realize I had gibbed another person and taken them off the round permanently.

After this experience I've realized that I've played Survivor in a LRP way and kept powergaming constantly. Survivor is possibly my favorite role in the whole game and I would love to be able to play as one again, and actually play it in a more acceptable way.
    Last edited by Lagfnacy; 05-27-2019 at 04:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Lagfnacy,

Here are a few things I'd like you to comment :

1. You've been warned for triggering a grenade by accident before

2. [02:07:14]SAY: Lagfnacy/(Maximilian 'Zuppa' Toscana) has made Command Announcement: Command Announcement - How to make nice ass bomb? - Bobby 'Bowlcut' Zakalwe (Executive Officer)

3. You intended to use a grenade you knew was at least stronger than a HEDP in a mutiny

4. you wanted to join a mutiny for... "fun"?
    [02:22:03]SAY: Maximilian 'Zuppa' Toscana/Lagfnacy : I wanna join the mutiny
    [02:22:05]SAY: Maximilian 'Zuppa' Toscana/Lagfnacy : It might be fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That note on the grenade thing and blowing up people in REQ, those were my first days playing CM(playing SS13 actually), pretty sure what happened there was that I double clicked while trying to pick up the HEDP and I was so embarrassed from accidentally blowing everyone up that I refused to use grenades for about 3 weeks lmao.

The number 2 thing, the announcement, I think that was towards the end of a round and I just wanted to announce something funny. Been warned about announcing LRP shit so I tend not to do that anymore.

Yeah the grenade thing, I think only 2 mutinies have happened while I'm still alive as survivor and I always ran up there too see and maybe participate. All I did was heal people most of the time or just stand to the side, but this time I was really stupid and wanted to bring a grenade into it and give it to one of the marines since I know that directly intervening would be a big no no. The only grenades I was going to give out were potassium and water, cause last time I tried them they were mostly harmless, I honestly did not know that they became gib level. I had like 3 grenades on my backpack including I think metal? So the extra grenade was on my hand.

And the last thing on my saying, " It might be fun", was just me being very stupid and LRP. Tried convincing the other survivors to come with me and I just said that I'm going because it'll be fun. I really have no defense on that. I did convince one of them, which I ended up blowing up too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping my appeal

peepeepoopoo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This appeal is denied.

The game we are playing might just be a 2d spessmen game... Lets not forget there are real human beings on the other side of your computer : I suggest taking things more seriously.
    You have identified things you should be working on in your appeal, I hope you'll appeal again in 30 days after improving them.

Resolved - Denied.