User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Viperius - Synthetic broken programming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey team, so I just wanna say that I apologized to Viperious for apparently being wrong, and for suggesting he be removed from the whitelist regardless of me even being incorrect about the report. Wanting someone to be removed over this kind of mistake is insane and clearly just a total dick move on my part. This'll be my last post on the forum as I'm quitting CM. I feel like I am just a total jerk on CM, and I apologize to those I was rude to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just incase this report is ongoing regardless of Zenlon's apology, I was the Spitter that went after Arthur while he was rescuing the captain. The second he grabbed the CO I attacked, and our fight probably lasted beyond the period which the XO gave the order to leave the captain's body alone, as he had a predator blade and I was a vomiter caste. Our fight ended with a brief conversation and an agreement that Arthur not touch tallhost bodies, we parted ways with Arthur heading away from Dorms and towards LZ1.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so while the order itself is borderline. Technically, it probably should have been followed but under the assumption that the CO could have been saved without many external risks, it wouldn't have made sense to not save him. For the order itself, a Synth wouldn't be punished for not following an order to the point in an effort to save another life. This does tie into a secondary factor, the recovery of the CO's body itself. The CO was not very close to the FoB, rather a halfway across the map through the snow, and the state of the ground made such a mission borderline suicidal. When you went to try to recover the CO, all squads had been recalled to either T-Comms or LZ1 and the FoB itself was already under assault from the Xeno swarm. During the assault on the FoB, you went around and behind the Xeno's to attempt to reach the Captain. This action is an issue, as Synthetics aren't disposable and with the FoB being besieged, and a general evacuation of the planet underway, a Synth wouldn't be putting aside all other factors just to try to be the hero and recover the CO's body in hopes they can be resuscitated.

Due to the reason stated above, Viperious will be given a warning. Viperious will obviously not have his whitelist removed over a single mistake and while the order itself is too fringe to amount to much of anything, Synthetic isn't a role where you should be running off into Xeno territory to make the mission of a lifetime, leave that for the suicidal PFCs. Hopefully, there won't be any major issues in the future and I expect Viperious will do his best to stay out of trouble. Report resolved.