User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you continue to play xeno if they become weak and expendable like WO?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I will quit playing

9 11.69%
  • No I will quit playing

22 28.57%
  • I dont really care

46 59.74%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The faceless horde

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    snip.
    "I dont think any body will play xeno that doesnt already play xeno if you make them worse. That makes no sense. Why would people suddenly want to play xeno?"

Nobody is saying about making them "worse", only weaker as individual.
    Why people want to play marines since individual is weak?
    Besides, in idea stated before, few "named xenos" would be even more powerfull than T2 - T3 while others would be weaker. Weaker xenos would be "punishment" for dying and something to do for ghosts as well as a little bit of fun for marines.

"They wont take more skill because they will be like whiskey outpost where you can just die over and over with no consequences so you will use rush tactics to just overwelm the marines."

Even in Whiskey Outpost you have to use your brain to breach the cades. Just rushing at marines won't get you anything. This is the part of the fun.

"HVH mode fucking sucks, marines are completely overpowered in HvH. So unless they rebalance it who cares. ZvH is gay as fuck and no fun for the zombies."

I bet you didn't saw PMC's with AP loaded SG. Marines aren't overpowered, but other sides are slighty broken. Nobody spawns with First Aid pouches and you can't customise your loadout in nearly any way. Also darkness is what is broken. Everything you can do is to wait on the border of darkness, waiting for someone to appear. If somebody decides that xenos are stupidly boring and without any charm and RP fun (which they are) then somebody will rebalance HvH.
    Yeah, being a zombie in ZvH sucks, but that's the point. You don't want to be zombie, otherwise you would have "powergamers" who would get caught on purpose. You get caught? Too bad, you have few minutes left to seek the cure, or help healthy marines by drawing away zombies. This is peak of "battle" experience. It's slower paced than xenos, zombies aren't stupidly fast, you can stop them for a while, but you can't stop them forever. There is tension, there is RP fun. I remember exactly every zombie round. During every zombie round I was part of, I had great expriences. Despite countless xeno rounds, I remember few which were really memorable in a good way.
    As a zombie you can't just quench your thrist of blood like you can as a xeno. Single zombie is easly outmatched by single marine, but marines can't stop zombies. Only C4, or cremation can do it. You never have enough C4 to kill all infected, you know you are doomed if cure won't be created. You are fighting lost war, you are delaying what will came no matter what. This threat hobbles slowly, it won't one shot kill you, you can escape, you can try fight. You are able to do something "cool" like escape 2x2 hallway dead end despite being chased by two zombies. You have to decide if it is better to kill infected, or to let them live. You have to consider that they might be insane enough to try infect you since they know, they are already dead.
    You were infected and you are turned into zombie? Too bad, it's a punishment. Such is life, it's harsh. You can only blame yourself, you had means to avoid infections, yet you didn't. Zombies can't hide in plain sight, zombies don't have sanic speed, zombies can't spit, zombies can't acid anything. If inferior being menaged to infect you, you can blame yourself. This is fun. Even HvH aren't that memorable, it's always hunting in darkness where you can bump into enemy and you both don't know it.
    Zombie rounds best rounds. You just want to score kills, dunk players, ruin their rounds, there is a sick satisfaction in this I guess.

"No one cares about winrate except you. We care about having fun and we are voicing our opinion that this will not be fun for us and make us not want to play. It has nothing to do with balance. Thats what you cant understand. I dont know why you cant understand it, but its whatever, thats your problem."

Yeah, you don't cares about winrate, or fun, you care about killing other players. I'm voicing my opinion for marines and xenos having more fun. I never had fun as brainless clicker, this is why I didn't play xenos 1.5 years ago.
    I care for winrate in this one situation: If it is considered to the gameplay balance and it isn't 50/50.
    How can you say "No one cares about winrate except you" when staff states exactly that they want 65% +/- 5%? Isn't that "caring" about winrate?
    How can you say "I'm voicing my opinion for marines and xenos having more fun" when you want xenos to be self-sufficient beasts with large pool of HP, fast, strong etc?
    How this will make more fun for marines? Dying from three hits is so fucking fun as a marine? Dying from one hugger click (combat hugging is ok, but slashing hosts with huggers on them is not)? Is it fun? Dying from one direct hit from gas, is it fun? Being chain stunned from spit? This is what is fun as a marine? Just wasting bullets at spinning xenos who can heal from crit to full in less than a minute in single title of weeds? Great fucking fun. I can't wait to spend 20 minutes preparing gear, waiting for briefing and then dying just after that. It's my favourite past time.
    I bet making all single xenos more powerfull, without team play, without RP, without skill will make playing marine a great experience. Every round will be memorable just as zombies.
    Last edited by CABAL; 01-02-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is needless paranoia, the mutators and the DEFCON update very clearly show we aren't moving into the direction you think we are.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    This is needless paranoia, the mutators and the DEFCON update very clearly show we aren't moving into the direction you think we are.
    What is defcon update?

I disagree with this is needless paranoia and that mutators show otherwise. Go look at corporate mercenaries. The 2 things they do different than CM is mutations and respawn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't mind making xenos more expendable if there's less wait time involved in evolving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The DEFCON update is going to add win conditions for the marines based on objectives collected. This was tested in game, if you're curious.

The point of it is that marines won't have to unga to win, there'll be different ways to. So you discourage the marines from unga rushing with hive memory. I think that's the plan at least.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Right now, from what I see, we are moving towards the split where if you wanna be faceless pert of the hive that goes into the fray and dies, you can. While there will be a different part of hive that has to be careful. Right now this split will be around t1/t2 as faceless horse and t3s as mega important hive subjects that should try their best to stay alive. We will see if we continue this idea or scrap it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aw man, WHAT? I missed the new objective-based gameplay test?

Damn, I wonder how it went?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renomaki View Post
    aw man, WHAT? I missed the new objective-based gameplay test?

Damn, I wonder how it went?
    I think they did this one time they tested the respawn. They gave marines points to spend for getting intel. Like they could get extra metal and plasteel or add a tank crew, all sorts of things like that. Then if they got to 27 points they could just nuke the colony. I was a xeno during the round so I didn't really observe the marine side of things. From a xeno perspective it felt like we were kinda more defensive (they were giving us extra larva for not attacking) but some marines still came across the river (it was on lv) and fought us a bit. It didn't feel much different other than the being more defensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would honestly hate if xeno gameplay moved in the direction of WO. I can't think of anything less fun than that. Please, use your common sense and realize that massively expendable xenos won't be fun on this server. It works and is fun on corporate merc because of the more arcady feel and the fact that you don't lose much if you die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shits heating up in the xeno main community