User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Make Queen a whitelisted / minimum playtime role.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, aliens NEED a queen and you dont see every whitelist role filled or needed in every game. Honestly all the queen NEEDS to do is ovi. Yes having a bald queen makes the round rough but ive also seen HIVES win the game with a new queen because the HIVE was the important thing in the round. If your teams so bad that they get hard stomped you cant blame one person.(Literally one as opposed to marines who can have multiple fuckups in command). Its a team based game and no matter how bad one single person is even if theyre the integral role the rest should be able to make up for and help them.
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to have to disagree with this whitelist idea. I'm probably piggy backing off of a lot of other people, but Xenos need a queen to be able to operate unlike the marines who don't need a commander. Now, a way to change that would be to give a whitelist priority to the queen slot OR make a second open role that isn't as powerful as the queen, but strong enough to lead the hive to victory if the whitelist slot isn't filled. I just don't see that happening anytime in the future though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put xenos a name especially the queen, and see how people react to that WL to the point they want to get it first as soon as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 420M.Y.K View Post
    No, aliens NEED a queen and you dont see every whitelist role filled or needed in every game. Honestly all the queen NEEDS to do is ovi. Yes having a bald queen makes the round rough but ive also seen HIVES win the game with a new queen because the HIVE was the important thing in the round. If your teams so bad that they get hard stomped you cant blame one person.(Literally one as opposed to marines who can have multiple fuckups in command). Its a team based game and no matter how bad one single person is even if theyre the integral role the rest should be able to make up for and help them.
    //showthrea...ll=1#post24066

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queen whitelist won't work, just ask for more standards placed on roundstart queens only. (midround queens are a good time to be learning queen, given the hive is practically fucked anyway. taking that away from people will just make roundstart queens, well, an even more obvious issue.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it should be white listed.But yea,a time limit would be quite useful.The reason I think that it shouldn't be white listed is because I believe a huge amount of players don't have that commitment to get white listed for some role.We would get more efficient and capable queens,no doubt about that.But what if at one point we won't have any whitelisted queens in a game? This is all open for debate,so don't crucify me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is being worked on

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 420M.Y.K View Post
    If you think this is all a queen needs to do..... then I guess I am not surprised that we keep having this problem.

The queen's job is fourfold, the easiest part is oving.

Her first job is to direct the hive's makeup and evolution. Otherwise you end up with 19 runners, no carriers, and no way to get the next generation going (and yes this can sometimes win but come on). This kills hives all the time.

Her second job is to reign in the hive when it overextends and provide overwatch. Bad queens dont reign in hives, they overextend, get cornered, etc. She has the most vision on the battlefield and should be providing updates and direction. Bad queens don't, and the aliens dont even realize that delta has killed half the backline already because they are still at bar/prison medical/ hydro.

Her third job is to use her healing to prevent losses due to bad luck and misfortune. This to me is the most important role she has ESPECIALLY early on and is the role I think that is least focused on. Assigning pheromones, leaders, and remote healing are critical. A lucky grenade, flame bullet, good shotgun blast.. they can and will mean the end of a certain percentage of the hive, especially when it is younger. A good queen can reduce the losses preventing the stalling of hive momentum. If she only saves 6 sisters, with the average hive start of like 30.. That is 20% of the hive that is now still alive.

The attitude that she is JUST a screecher/ovi robot is our problem. Everyone wants to be a big alien in charge with screech. No one seems to be focused on the other aspects above. I am a little surprised to see a mod answer like this.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    The attitude that she is JUST a screecher/ovi robot is our problem. Everyone wants to be a big alien in charge with screech. No one seems to be focused on the other aspects above. I am a little surprised to see a mod answer like this.
    There was idea to nerf Queen's combat abilites and buff Ovi. However staff/benomains/someone need to have that power, or something, because benos without a screech? Crippling depression on a wheelchair.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    If you think this is all a queen needs to do..... then I guess I am not surprised that we keep having this problem.

The queen's job is fourfold, the easiest part is oving.

Her first job is to direct the hive's makeup and evolution. Otherwise you end up with 19 runners, no carriers, and no way to get the next generation going (and yes this can sometimes win but come on). This kills hives all the time.

Her second job is to reign in the hive when it overextends and provide overwatch. Bad queens dont reign in hives, they overextend, get cornered, etc. She has the most vision on the battlefield and should be providing updates and direction. Bad queens don't, and the aliens dont even realize that delta has killed half the backline already because they are still at bar/prison medical/ hydro.

Her third job is to use her healing to prevent losses due to bad luck and misfortune. This to me is the most important role she has ESPECIALLY early on and is the role I think that is least focused on. Assigning pheromones, leaders, and remote healing are critical. A lucky grenade, flame bullet, good shotgun blast.. they can and will mean the end of a certain percentage of the hive, especially when it is younger. A good queen can reduce the losses preventing the stalling of hive momentum. If she only saves 6 sisters, with the average hive start of like 30.. That is 20% of the hive that is now still alive.

Literally the only thing outta those three that are the queens fault is the healing. Xenos evolve like dumbasses and noone actually checks the hive status? Boohoo serves them right, Ive given up evos, gone drone or even *shudder sentinel all for the fact of not having retarded hive comp. Yes queen is meant to oversee it all but frankly she cant stop or do anything about 17 runners. That falls one the HIVE to not be retarded.

Same deal with over extending. Yes queens are meant to try stop that, but theres no way whatsoever to actually MAKE them listen short of ahelping to get staff involved. Again, beaners want to be retarded and push on FOB while delta and charlie are massing at hydro then thats on the HIVE not queeno (unless shes specifically ordering it).

The healing thing i do agree with you on though. Queen heals and pheremones tend to do more for the hive than anything else a queen can do. But again there was a time where we had no combat queen and no world heals/pheremones. Beaners still found ways to win with queen basically just being overwatch. Hives can be lost solely because of a queens actions but only 1%, if that, of xeno wins are because of the queen herself. Also i know alot of xenos feel special and immortal when they see that little eye icon on thier sprite but frankly if you need to rely on the queens abilitys to stay alive then chances are theres little hope for you anyways. If anything i detest that little eye. You expect heals that never come or get healed when you lose 1% of your health right before getting chunked for 3/4. Queens a crutch, fine to use if you need to but you shouldnt have to rely on her in any respects if you want to win
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.