User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frood - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frood - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Frood
    Character Name?
    Christopher Tortellini.
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    unknown
    Total Ban Duration
    presumably forever
    Remaining Duration
    presumably forever
    What other servers do you play on?
    Bad Deathclaw
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Never been banned.
    Reason for Ban
    Claims that I am OOC racist, both in-game and in-discord.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I am, without a shadow of a doubt not an OOC racist.

First, let's discuss the events that took place in the game. Though I lack screencaps, it was roundstart. Another player was rolling for CO so I wished them luck. I proceeded to say "And remember carson's old advice:Remember boys them niggers adored slavery". This is very obviously not a charged insult at anyone, and is just a reference to previous events of a round (Though the trialmin seemed new and did not know about it).

Second, we come to the discord channel. Yes I called people niggers several times. Does that make me racist, or hateful however? Not at all, nor were my words charged in such a manner. I know such is the case because in my real life, I have had a year long, loving relationship with a black woman https://i.imgur.com/GYpmCsE.jpg

Third, as a player and as a discord member, I've been here for years. You can search my record, and other then a, for some reason recent aberration in my use of the nigger word, I have never committed a major rule violation.

Fourth, I doubt in the intentions of the trialmins and admins themselves. I highly doubt that anyone who's black plays this game to begin with, and I wonder at the actual interaction the staff had with "preventing racism". Personally I had several black friends, and they did not mind my use of the words nigga and nigger in regular conversation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes for Frood:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

discord notes
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it�s made clear, you rejoined after being kicked and near immediately repeated the same thing you were kicked for. Regardless of your intentions regarding racism, why should we let you back in if you can�t follow what you are told not to do?
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, since I became a dev and gave up being a mod I have not commented on many appeals.

So me doing this is something special.

I was not on the server so wont comment on thing 1.

Thing 2. The word nigger is considered a slur.
    Intent or saying it was just a joke do not matter.
    I am not the only one who sees it like this.
    You having a black gf also does not matter.

I also noticed how tgcm banned you for the same thing within an hour.

3. Past behaviour is not a way to predict the future.
    People change and idc if you did major violations. Never having done any is 0 excuse.

4. Them not minding does not mean no one minds.

How to become senior dev.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were warned and kicked about it, and you come back immediately. You do the same thing, and are surprised you're banned.
    We allow IC racism within RP, not OOC unless it's in shitposting and its a meme context

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was not kicked for anything once. I was immediatly banned from the discord.
    I don't know how I came back and "did anything" I came back and asked to rejoin before being told make a thread here.
    Nothing was said over the course of events for hours, and you were all there.
    Disregarding that, going off of ThesoldierLLJK's post, the use of the Carson qoute is assuredly a meme, and I shouldn't have that in my notes.
    Moving beyond that, something is only racist in the context of language, when it is delivered with intentions of racism or hate. You apply your own value systems to me, and label me, yet you cannot prove it beyond use of "le bad word xd". You cannot establish any hateful intentions or actual racist intentions, you can rightly critique me for taking shitposting out of shitposting.
    And if past behavior is "not an indicator of future behavior" then why post the logs at all. You rely on a system of previous actions (of which I have near zero) for what then? Why even post it?
    I go to pains to establish I'm not racist, because woah I'm not. Once again, I'll take the blow for running shitposting out of shitposting, but none of you can actually establish I'm racist, merely that I made repeated use of an anglicanized spanish word for the color black.
    At the end of the day, no one here is black, no one here was offended, this is such an issue to you because of discord's ToS. That is understandable, and I will refrain from its use in the future.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I proceeded to say "And remember carson's old advice:Remember boys them niggers adored slavery".
    Supposedly the joke was that Carson never said that and someone croped a image making him state that. The idea is Carson would never say such a thing

Regardless the in game issue on Fri, June 28th of 2019 was not done in jest nor was it done with the intent of joking around.

In addendum

Fourth, I doubt in the intentions of the trialmins and admins themselves. I highly doubt that anyone who's black plays this game to begin with, and I wonder at the actual interaction the staff had with "preventing racism". Personally I had several black friends, and they did not mind my use of the words nigga and nigger in regular conversation.
    I can only say wow. Just wow

-1 from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh so you were there in the Looc area then? You were present and able to determine the use of my language, and my use of words. It's good to know our moderators are omniscient. As for the second part, I'm not wrong, black people have far better things to do then play a spessman game.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    I was not kicked for anything once.
    I don't know how I came back and "did anything" I came back and asked to rejoin before being told make a thread here.
    Nothing was said over the course of events for hours, and you were all there.
    You were kicked by Bancrose as noted here: Frood#4605 was kicked for saying Nigger. (28/06)

You came back on the server, and then you were banned for doing it again: Banned Frood#4605 for racism (28/06)

Regardless of the context, if you get kicked by a staff member for breaking a rule, and you come back and violate that rule again, you get banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But that is the thing, I did not violate the rule again. I only had access too two channels, and I @ an admin to give me roles again. I was misinterpreted what getting kicked meant, but the second part is an absolute lie to my recollection. Perhaps I made use of the word "monkey" if I remember correctly, but that is reaching for racism.