User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why aliens get free drop ship every time marins evac? What is roleplay justification?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game play trumps realism. Also the Queen doesn't 'pilot the drop ship, she just hits the autopilot.

Making xenos have to breach the FoB to get the drop ship before it leaves forever is bad, marines will just evac before the FoB is even at risk of falling to force a draw. 'Traitor marines won't work because people will just meta it. Marines already hang around the drop ships after evac so they can tell command when the drop ship launches.

It sucks that marines have to wait for xenos to stop evolving/un-burrowing larva's before they go up, but unless launches the drop ship automatically spawns all burrowed larva and maxes everyone's evo points there ain't going to be an incentive to attack at less then full strength.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly. I'm not opposed to a few tests of how a "traitor style round" once the xenos get the ground and require the Queen to like "psychically influence" some marines. Maybe some cues a marine is possessed and there's a hard limit on how many and who (have to be exposed to xenos at some point in a round - meaning even officers who see and interact with them could be influenced.

Honestly I don't feel like it would be that hard for a few possessed dude/ influenced dudes to get to the DS controls or alternatively get to the CO/PO and manage to do something there. Especially with (I THINK) the ID rules OOCly being changed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    This is just pure ridiculous explenation. Just because someone is smart, doesn't mean he is a master in every field. You can have being with 1000 IQ, but it won't be able to hack a computer without ever using one and even then, won't be able to use a keyboard if it has fingers the size of a human hand.
    Being smart would help in figuring out how put the ship on autopilot. IQ measures problem solving capabilities, iq tests measures your problem solving capabilities: short term memory, spacial reasoning, mathematical prowess. if the queen has over 160 iq, which is higher than most humans, she's legally a genius. If the queen knows humans use the "bird" as transport and figures "well, you can see out here from the cockpit, which means this is where you choose what direction to go in since tall hosts need to see where they're going." she would have some time to figure out that it's a vehicle and it can be controlled from the cockpit, as well as other transportation humans on colonies probably had. Truthfully she'd have to use trial and error to know how to control the ship, but if she hits autopilot then she would know that it worked.
    Last edited by Challade; 07-16-2019 at 12:18 AM. Reason: I confused the definition of smart with wise

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huebone View Post
    Being smart would help in figuring out how put the ship on autopilot. IQ measures problem solving capabilities, iq tests measures your problem solving capabilities: short term memory, spacial reasoning, mathematical prowess. if the queen has over 160 iq, which is higher than most humans, she's legally a genius. If the queen knows humans use the "bird" as transport and figures "well, you can see out here from the cockpit, which means this is where you choose what direction to go in since tall hosts need to see where they're going." she would have some time to figure out that it's a vehicle and it can be controlled from the cockpit, as well as other transportation humans on colonies probably had. Truthfully she'd have to use trial and error to know how to control the ship, but if she hits autopilot then she would know that it worked.
    Sure, but "computer hacking" requires prior knowledge and expertise that Queen doesn't and can't have unless it's some pure magical bullshit with mindreading. Just clicking autopilot requires access from marines, even PO can't do anything if he lost his ID. Someone would need to manually bypass this ID checking device. Without own external device it's basically impossible, it's like wanting to hack safe with keypad barehanded. It's simply impossible, you need precise tools and precise skills to even try to do that. There is no way Queen with fingers the size of a human hand is able to hack anything.

We could only assume that this ID lock is set to NC circuit (Normal Closed) and that it sends "positive signal" by lack of direct current. Only then slashing console (destroying ID lock device) would "hack" DS. It's not even bad design, it's bad design on purpose as it is more complicated to do. Not only that, but Queen would also be able to guess which button is responsible for autopilot, while benos don't have eyes (and human tech pretty much requires this, just like recognising colours), they don't also know our language and I won't take the bullshit that Queen was able to learn human written language in free time. Language is basically pure knowledge, you can't figure out how you call "tree" in Chinese if nobody ever told you directly, or indirectly.
    If she did, then why benos are not using tools at this point? They clearly need them in grand scale of things and they are capable to.

Leaving ID lock and console alone, how Queen is also able to lock the console herself from Command? This is another streech of her "genius" and human tech. Slashing console would work only if there was another device that it's sole purpose is to respond to command trying to send the DS back. At this point I'm starting to doubt why those Dropships can even fly into the air, since all of their tech relies on specifically bad designs. PO spilling a coffee on console could hack DS at this point. Cheapest mobile phones have better security than USCM dropship.

All it requires are CLF/UPP/WY hackers doing the hard job with hacking, while Queen simply does the dirty job of slashing antena that connects CIC with DS and blocks any other remote connections.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no concrete explanation at all, they just made it like that way so the game is balanced and the Xenos can do a Major more easily, in the universe of Alien there isn�t any example of a Queen hijacking or something close to it besides having some physic power. I doubt even with some intelligence a Queen could fly a ship like Alamo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If xenos are soooooo smrt, why can't they learn to use nades/guns?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    If xenos are soooooo smrt, why can't they learn to use nades/guns?
    Because then they'll FF themselves, duh.

Their 200 IQ brain knows that they're better off using what they have now.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh god i can only imagine, im queen and i go in for screech. Bald drone #472 not only body blocks me on the way out but he fumbles around with the m15 he found blowing it up in his claws right next to me. While Boiler #273 baldly shoots me with the RPG he found after killing the spec. Nightmare scenario.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only started playing recently, but I remember the first few rounds I played, I either got perma'd early and didn't know you could respawn or there was a USCM victory, so it wasn't until I'd been playing for a week that I actually saw the dropship get hijacked and the aliens invade the almayer. It was extremely chaotic and terrifying and one of the things that made me want to play more.

It wasn't until a few more (losing) rounds that I realized this wasn't some rare freak event, but just what happens when the xenos win. Kinda took the excitement and tension out of it. And every time I see a MOOC message warning that cades put up before the DS gets hijacked will be deleted, I have to think there's got to be a better way(not that deleting the meta'd cades is bad, just that the staleness of the scenario encourages it)

IMO the ideal would be a set of gametype scenarios, independent of map, sort of like some SS13 servers. A lot of folks ITT have already mentioned ideas like shipside traitors, mindcontrolled marines/civvies, and other stuff that would be excruciating if we had to play them over and over, but as a low% scenario roll, would help break up the tedium of the traditional gamemode.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In some forms of lore, the queen had a 100+ iq and now everyone thinks they are all knowning