User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Brain Ideas for Marines and Xenos alike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLoko View Post
    In pre-alpha times, when Nostromo was a thing, there used to be an emote called *deathgasp, which would write "X seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless...". So combined with rest, you could fake your own death. Many times I escaped from the aliums by just lying on the ground and *deathgasp-ing. I think the emote was removed though.
    heheheheheheh

make a macro to do the deathgasp words

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asian_047 View Post
    heheheheheheh

make a macro to do the deathgasp words
    Enjoy your ban

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once when trapped as defender I grabbed a marine and placed him behind me to work as a human shield. Not sure if that still works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone404 View Post
    Once when trapped as defender I grabbed a marine and placed him behind me to work as a human shield. Not sure if that still works.
    I've seen the ayys do this before, drag marines in such a way that any shots aimed at them run the risk of hitting the Marine. I always shoot, because if I don't, the marine's dead anyway. But some will hesitate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    Enjoy your ban
    Jokes on you, I'm already banned nerd ??????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm today i will powergame
    Last edited by Deep Inside Me; 08-29-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol thinking deathgasp and rest would work now. A: No one reads chat and B: There is a skull icon next to dead players. You would only fool complete retards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big brained tips for marines:

1. Don't die. Even if you die, don't.

2. Feed your gun only premium bullets. Regular bullets just won't do.

3. Keep a training grenade on you to prank aliems. Watch 'em run for cover! Hyuk!

4. If you managed to get face-romanced by a crab, try drinking a lot of alcohol and smoking an entire pack of cigarettes. It won't save you but the resulting larvae will be severely debuffed. Pranked again!

5. Annoy the MPs until you're incarcerated. Not only are you now safe and sound from the aliems, you can work on self-reflection in your spare time.

6. Use a hand-labeler to name the sentry guns. Cultivate personalities for them. Use them to build morale, or defer blame to them in case things go south.

7. Equip the heavy armor, set a mine in enemy territory, and then lay on it as live bait as your buddy with a scope waits for a nibble.

9. Always keep an EAT bar in your helmet. In the event you're captured, you can use the food to distract the bugs once you break free of your resin and make a break for it.

10. Aliems vomiting nasty dissolvey goop on your flares? Just shoot the flares out of the puddles! Wow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dropping a grenade on yourself when you are about to be captured is a good tactic if other marines are nearby to revive you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PFC Snots View Post
    Big brained tips for marines:

10. Aliems vomiting nasty dissolvey goop on your flares? Just shoot the flares out of the puddles! Wow!
    I actually use that tactic quite often, especially as an Engineer. It may waste a bullet or two, but it's safer than running out of the barricades to pick it up like a total retard.

Found this out after manning the HMG one time and hitting the flare by accident during a Xenos attack.

Also, one for fellow Engineers:
    If power is restored, or at least a working APC available in your sector, you can save your team quite a few flares by building and installing Light Fixtures in the FOB. Only costs one or two metal and some cable, but it will stay on as long as there is power, and it also has a larger radius than a flare. And should a stray bullet or Xeno knock it out, you always have the light replacer that comes with the Essential Engineer Kit.

This one might qualify a bit as metagaming, but storing some materials in the Almayer's TComms to quickly build a new APC is pretty useful. It also makes some sense IC, as having repair components at hand near critical systems in case of emergency, especially on a ship with so many budget cuts as the Almayer, would be a handy precaution to have.