User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: holy shit Carson actually got punished for being a shitter for once

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2-week suspension should serve as a warning, no doubt the next punishment will be permanent removal if he tries antagonizing the marines again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He shouldn't have been punished at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boersgard View Post
    He shouldn't have been punished at all
    If your gimmick is "I'm a complete asshole" then it sucks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't a punishment. You heard it from EB herself. It was a paid vacation with CM's donation money. Send me a postcard Fitchace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need more carsons, not fewer.

How is making the round actually interesting bad?

Roundstart is incredibly boring, punishing carson for this and making rules like "no round start fun allowed" is just bad IMO

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because there isn't bias on the people delivering the punish anymore, so of course it'd end like this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Retard View Post
    because there isn't bias on the people delivering the punish anymore, so of course it'd end like this
    This.

I think carson got away with much of what he did because he used to be the Staff Pet, Feweh's favorite (and I assume Apop as well). So much so that the staff themselves would force insane situations on him just to see how he'd play around it, more often than not resulting in utter chaos.

But they are gone now, and we have a new board of staff that, no doubt, probably have a few new staff picks that they allow to get away with certain shit because "lul memes". I don't know if carson technically is still a major staff pick, if at all.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing with Carson is that he's very much a product of previous administrations. He was funny for previous staff so they let him get away with shit and even enabled him in certain ways. Unfortunately, he became used to having an infinite-use "get out of jail free" card and being able to do whatever he wanted without punishment... but the staff members that allowed this so heavily aren't here anymore, so he's trying stuff that he may or may not be allowed to get away with now. I think he definitely should take the 2 week suspension as a warning that his time in the sun as one of CM's most beloved memes may be coming to an end if he doesn't tone it down a bit.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know I really don't understand why 'running in the halls' is the hill he died on. It is 100% possible to eat, prep, visit req, and get to briefing within 5 minutes on walk speed (i did it myself). I dunno about any of the medics-visiting-medbay thing, but it seems that this is just telling the delta marines who started the mutiny (by murderboning MPs and bravo squadmembers) that they are free to disrupt rounds at ANY perceived inconvenience.

Will we ever see a mutiny over two-wave deployments because delta is bored waiting for their turn and decide its TOO much an inconvenience (as walking obviously was, and had the same impact: forcing an inconsequential waiting period)? Or maybe a briefing that's a little too late? Nothing about his orders restricted the marine's in fighting, beyond closing the checkpoints which may very well have been entirely the MPs decision to help control chaos. I just want to mention two things here:

1. The fight between Alpha and Bravo in briefing was 100% unrelated to the running ban, and was instigated by a bravo engi randomly punching the Alpha SL (maybe on accident).

2. The Delta mutiny occurred AFTER the drop, which they refused to attend because they weren't allowed to run to the DS after briefing.

What upset me the most is after the Captain died, we were aslept and forced to pretend that nothing happened or that the vast majority of Delta squad had posed itself against command the the USCM itself, despite our own loyalty to both. I don't know about any 'memes' but this simply sets a bad precedent in my mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I think the mutiny over walking was retarded. Yes, it was a stupid order. No, it wasn't OOCly to order it. No, it wasn't intentional or baited griefing.

I think our current admins shouldn't rely on purely admin methods of dealing with everything. It's a crutch and a weakness. Its also disgusting to have stuff dealt with that way. Sure, a situation needs to be brought under control, but telling people "This situation never happened" is kind of dumb...

This particular situation serving as the example. Handle it IC via your powers as HC with, if at all, a mix of admin powers.

Also, for fucks sake.

Just because Delta is � "Delta", doesn't mean they get a free pass either. Just because you can start shit at every opportunity doesn't mean you should. Its easy to start shit, get people hurt and disrupt the round without ever getting noted for it as a Pfc. Just because you COULD do it, doesn't mean you should. You are RPing a marine, not a Rambo or whatever other disorganized asshole character you are trying to play. If you want to play as a Rambo who fights the power and kills command every round cause "Fuck da MPs!", please go play Corporate Merc or some other server whenever it comes out. Hell, make your own server. I know the source code and stuff is out there.

Probably gonna get hate these sentiments but who the hell cares. If you are reading this and get pissed, then you should reevaluate how you play.

With Love,
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Asshole,

Vispain