User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Can we change up combat queen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look, I'm fine with queen being able to defend herself, because few xenos can properly protect her on their own. But you can get upwards to 20 kills in a single screech (and it's incredibly low risk, works behind barricades too). That's the most powerful combo at least, screech + gas.
    Now not to mention, carrier + screech, at least 3-6 marines infected, of which many get dragged off and killed. Then we have prae + screech. Spray upwards of five marines, giving them all sever burn wounds a slash or two is enough to kill. Rav + screech. Queue like 5 marines getting delimbed / seriously injured.

The only xeno that comes even close to her stunning power / cc is prae / spitter. And this is at elder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still remember when queen had charge+screech.

I remember queen solo'ing the Almayer endgame, or singly handed dominating ice underground. And after enough feed back the devs removed charge from the queen, which has honestly improved the game for everyone IMO.

When it comes to screech though, eh if you remove that you I think the result would be pretty immediate and poor. No one would run form the queen, they would run towards her. The queen needs that crowd control ability to stop marine pushes, if 5 - 6 marines are dying every screech then honestly screech is functioning as intended.

By all means though I'd like to see a test of queen without screech for a couple of rounds, I think the results will be telling.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I want to see is a removal of the Queen's spit ability. Makes no sense and give her more combat potential.

Give the Queen more incentive to sit in Ovi and make her more effective in it to encourage Queens to not deovi the second marines hit the ground, it would resolve round issues with Marines pulling off planet the second she turns up at the fob
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x31stOverlord View Post
    All I want to see is a removal of the Queen's spit ability. Makes no sense and give her more combat potential.

Give the Queen more incentive to sit in Ovi and make her more effective in it to encourage Queens to not deovi the second marines hit the ground, it would resolve round issues with Marines pulling off planet the second she turns up at the fob
    Remove her spit and queens will die left and right in combat. Screech isn't what protects the queen spit is.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Remove her spit and queens will die left and right in combat. Screech isn't what protects the queen spit is.
    Then git gud at playing queen... Hehe

Spit isn't really that used in combat by Queen. Everyone who played Queen twice knows that all you have to do is to rush, screech and escape/slash if there are other benos around.
    It won't cause Queens to die in combat, even without changing playstyle of Queen, one to two marines stunned at the time won't change much.
    Removing spit won't change Queens into less violent rush force, players will still do what they did before. All it's good for is when marine without armor and with two shotguns are chasing you, or when there is only one marine and you don't want to waste screech.
    And it isn't like armorless marines, or marines in pairs are dangerous to even young queen while she can still screech. If marines catched Queen after screeching, then queen made a mistake, she could always avoid it unless she is one of the last beno and marines are scattered on the hunt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spit is what lets the queen protect herself if marines rush her with screech down (just used it and backed off but marines rushed her anyway because that's what marines learn to do), and that's not something you can really prevent when marines are dedicated enough (need some great timing on the boilers).

Spit is also the go-to when you need to be stealthy because the moment you screech, every single marine in the possible vicinity will be able to locate and swarm you, rather than you having some time to kill and run away. Even if the marine you're killing immediately calls out your location, it takes a while for a line of text in chat log to catch up to that marine squad's brain, and other squads will have to wait even longer for SOs and SLs to transfer the message along.

Spit is also better for prolonged combat since neuro spit only takes 50, while screech would take 250 plasma with a 1-minute cooldown at base

Really, if there's anything to rework/remove, it's the screech, not the spit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also like to add my opinion to the ovi system. For me, it's boring as fuck. I got a taste of the old queen JUST before the ovi system hits, and honestly, I don't want to be AFK in one place and play "Typing Simulator"

I want the ovi system to be optional (aka don't tie evolve progress and egg production ONLY to it), but with many rewards to incentivize going on ovi. I already think of a few stuff :

_ Tie the 50% bonus evolve/upgrade ticks to the ovi, and not just for the first 25 minutes. This makes it so that queen have a choice in either helping the battle herself or just wait and let the young'ins and late joiners grow up and roll over marines later.
    _ Make her pheromones while on ovi global, but cap it at Very Weak. She can upgrade it with phero mutations if she wants, but that's a point into phero and not speed/armor/health/slash/resilient/faster maturation. Her leaders will receive the correct pheromone strength, but only to themselves.
    _ The current tactical map and "Heal Xeno" ability are fine and dandy already, but I would like to boost "Give Plasma" up a bit. You're spending 600 plasma, but the xeno you're giving only receives like 200 plasma at base, increasing with age. Let's increase that up to 300 at Young, and max out at 600 (1:1 conversion at Ancient Empress)
    _ I would also like a new ovi ability called "Create Weed Tile", which will create ONLY THE WEED TILE, that won't spread at all. This will help the ambushing castes to be able to heal more freely, but it's only like 1 tile, and she's still giving up 600 plasma for it. It's a tradeoff between instant heal vs longer lasting healing method
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 01-17-2019 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Just some check up on grammar and stuff.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    I would also like to add my opinion to the ovi system. For me, it's boring as fuck. I got a taste of the old queen JUST before the ovi system hits, and honestly, I don't want to be AFK in one place and play "Typing Simulator"

I want the ovi system to be optional (aka don't tie evolve progress and egg production ONLY to it), but with many rewards to incentivize going on ovi. I already think of a few stuff :

_ Tie the 50% bonus evolve/upgrade ticks to the ovi, and not just for the first 25 minutes. This makes it so that queen have a choice in either helping the battle herself or just wait and let the young'ins and late joiners grow up and roll over marines later.
    _ Make her pheromones while on ovi global, but cap it at Very Weak. She can upgrade it with phero mutations if she wants, but that's a point into phero and not speed/armor/health/slash/resilient/faster maturation. Her leaders will receive the correct pheromone strength, but only to themselves.
    _ The current tactical map and "Heal Xeno" ability are fine and dandy already, but I would like to boost "Give Plasma" up a bit. You're spending 600 plasma, but the xeno you're giving only receives like 200 plasma at base, increasing with age. Let's increase that up to 300 at Young, and max out at 600 (1:1 conversion at Ancient Empress)
    _ I would also like a new ovi ability called "Create Weed Tile", which will create ONLY THE WEED TILE, that won't spread at all. This will help the ambushing castes to be able to heal more freely, but it's only like 1 tile, and she's still giving up 600 plasma for it. It's a tradeoff between instant heal vs longer lasting healing method
    I remember the good old days before ovi, and they were better. Queen was more balanced so no one was like "oh queen combats too much". You spent most of your time running around like a giant drone building shit and planting eggs. It was a lot more fun imo.

Ya they wont do global pheromones. They did it once and removed it. I suggested it like a month or 2 ago and they shot it down as never gonna happen again.

Give plasma is so useless they could do anything with it and it would be better than it is now.

That create weed tile thing could be pretty cool. Imagine being able to create a couple of weed tiles for people seiging secure dome survivors instead of yelling 50 times for retard drone #619 to go plant weeds.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, Queen before ovi with crusher charge was so balanced. Pesky staff, removed charge and made Queen weaker than young runner.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Oh yeah, Queen before ovi with crusher charge was so balanced. Pesky staff, removed charge and made Queen weaker than young runner.
    Im talking about like 2 years ago not when queen had charge.