Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Chances of another server

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by conthegodoffire View Post
    Bring back medium rp on the server we have now!!!!!!!!!!
    Remove benos from every round and I will be grade A RP'er.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnwaveringGrey View Post
    I'm not speaking from a position of authority here, but I suspect there's some problems here. Banning half of the player base is just a bad idea. I could elaborate on why, but I'm just going to take it as a given here.

Dropping the RP standards and turning the server into an asymmetrical TDM game is unappealing to the half of the playerbase that wants to roleplay. That wouldn't be solving the problem so much as shifting it to the other half of the playerbase. Honestly though, it's much easier to just ignore people who aren't roleplaying than it is to ignore sanctioned LRP shenanigans. Removing the roleplay standards would probably result in a large exodus too. From what I've heard a lot of the older players already left due to the influx of inexperienced players and the reduced RP.

Splitting off an LRP/TDM server is the only option that wouldn't necessarily involve losing a good chunk of the player base. But that's a big investment. It means the mods need to keep watch over two servers. There's already calls for more mods. Even if the mods split evenly between the two servers there might not be enough to keep some semblance of order. I suspect that most of the people who moderate though are the type who prefer roleplay over mindless TDM. It's entirely possible that's just me projecting my preferences, but I can only operate under the assumption that people who care enough to sign up to moderate do so in part because they want the community to be friendly to RP. Probably most of the mods would play on the RP server, leaving the TDM server a barely moderated wasteland full of griefng and shenanigans. If the TDM server becomes basically unplayable due to no one caring when people bomb briefing then that half of the playerbase won't last anyway.

I suspect the only tenable option is to keep things how they are.
    I expect that kind of reply. Keep in mind a separate RP server would also be good for PVP as it would reduce the load on the server wich is causing MASSIVE lag. In effect it would contribute to a net upgrade for both playstyles.

Also, new server means new moderators needed anyway.
    And look up at the poll. The results are quite speaking for themselves. People want that.
    Last edited by LanceTheInvader; 09-24-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceTheInvader View Post
    I expect that kind of reply. Keep in mind a separate RP server would also be good for PVP as it would reduce the load on the server wich is causing MASSIVE lag. In effect it would contribute to a net upgrade for both playstyles.

Also, new server means new moderators needed anyway.
    And look up at the poll. The results are quite speaking for themselves. People want that.
    Poor, young and foolish padawan. What community wants means jack shit to certain especially hard-working individuals. Otherwise benobias would be officialy ended long ago.

Whitelisted Predator Skysoldier's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But on the other hand, this is just a bad survay because it doesn't list the most basic option of 'no' and portrays as if everyone wants another server, can't use that argument here.
    Marine: Musica 'Ham' Howard/Pred: Etka N'thal'eyal

Trial Moderator>Moderator>Trial Admin>Admin>Senior Moderator>Santa

You only live once, think about what you are doing, what you can do, what you will do. Don't make mistakes or regret your decisions, you will only ever make them once every time until it's over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Poor, young and foolish padawan. What community wants means jack shit to certain especially hard-working individuals. Otherwise benobias would be officialy ended long ago.
    Still would be cool imo if the ressources was there. Something being nice dosen't mean it is doable. But, it certaintly comes with its own set of advantages.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysoldier View Post
    But on the other hand, this is just a bad survay because it doesn't list the most basic option of 'no' and portrays as if everyone wants another server, can't use that argument here.
    The poll was added after the post got popular and had support, it's pretty much just about what type of second server people would want if there was one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea what chain said dumb idiot CM mod...

I added the poll after like 5 pages of thread or something and i didnt even list all options just the ones i saw most people commenting about.

dumb idiot CM staff : (