2 3.70%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Chances of another server

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the second RP server goes up and won't be the exact, same textbook copy of normal CM but with HRP rules, fuck, I'm up for it, I used to enjoy roleplay back when I started playing CM but doing the exact same thing for 2 years makes you burn out really quickly.

Colony RP revival anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    Colony RP revival anyone?
    That's what we really really need. Doing the same thing over and over again burns out everyone, and even if LRP rules are enforced, you can't change much.

Making Colony RP a standard game mode would even work on the standard server, if this game mode can be implemented.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chinook Station 13 when?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderut22 View Post
    That's what we really really need. Doing the same thing over and over again burns out everyone, and even if LRP rules are enforced, you can't change much.

Making Colony RP a standard game mode would even work on the standard server, if this game mode can be implemented.
    that'd be absolutely amazing, Colony RP events and Tribes were always my favorite because they solely depend on the playerbase and how they deal with X

But then again we can only dream unless...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit i forgot colony rp as a poll option

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only the polls had an actual affect on the server.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea ik dumb idiot CM staff wont let us make our own server smh smh smh emerald is clearly just a tyrant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offense meant but if RP wasn't actually wrote in the rules. I'd have no idea this even remotely is a MRP server. The start of round fuckery (Especially disruptions during the briefing no sane millitary would allow.) completely destroys my immersion straight off the bat. And everytime you try to bring some RP in, you are either ignored or told to go back to what you are "supposed to do".

Reality is, you have a lot of players and are easily the most populated server on SS13. But more than half of your population only cares about the PVP aspect. Wich is the whole problem right now. A separate RP server is, to me, the most sensible option. Unless you want to start a wave of mass banning that will probably exhaust even the most capable moderator.

Either make an RP centered server next to this one. Start banning in mass. Or drop the RP backdrop entirely. It boils down to those three options really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceTheInvader View Post
    Either make an RP centered server next to this one. Start banning in mass. Or drop the RP backdrop entirely. It boils down to those three options really.
    I'm not speaking from a position of authority here, but I suspect there's some problems here. Banning half of the player base is just a bad idea. I could elaborate on why, but I'm just going to take it as a given here.

Dropping the RP standards and turning the server into an asymmetrical TDM game is unappealing to the half of the playerbase that wants to roleplay. That wouldn't be solving the problem so much as shifting it to the other half of the playerbase. Honestly though, it's much easier to just ignore people who aren't roleplaying than it is to ignore sanctioned LRP shenanigans. Removing the roleplay standards would probably result in a large exodus too. From what I've heard a lot of the older players already left due to the influx of inexperienced players and the reduced RP.

Splitting off an LRP/TDM server is the only option that wouldn't necessarily involve losing a good chunk of the player base. But that's a big investment. It means the mods need to keep watch over two servers. There's already calls for more mods. Even if the mods split evenly between the two servers there might not be enough to keep some semblance of order. I suspect that most of the people who moderate though are the type who prefer roleplay over mindless TDM. It's entirely possible that's just me projecting my preferences, but I can only operate under the assumption that people who care enough to sign up to moderate do so in part because they want the community to be friendly to RP. Probably most of the mods would play on the RP server, leaving the TDM server a barely moderated wasteland full of griefng and shenanigans. If the TDM server becomes basically unplayable due to no one caring when people bomb briefing then that half of the playerbase won't last anyway.

I suspect the only tenable option is to keep things how they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back medium rp on the server we have now!!!!!!!!!!