User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tank Getting Removed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    Oh man imagine an APC with a doctor and or a few medics where you could just load the wounded in and shove them out when they're healthy.
    As much as I love that idea it'd either have to be another z-level transfer like ladders (which I don't know if coders can make them mobile points) or some manner of UI fuckery with medics able to see who'se in the APC and interact with them through menus. And if benos can't get in the APC to slash marines they're just going to bitch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidChan View Post
    As much as I love that idea it'd either have to be another z-level transfer like ladders (which I don't know if coders can make them mobile points) or some manner of UI fuckery with medics able to see who'se in the APC and interact with them through menus. And if benos can't get in the APC to slash marines they're just going to bitch.
    Oh yeah it would have to be a seperate z-level. It would also be hard to balance and we'd have to have a way to stop the marines from loading up an entire squad inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, the biggest issue with the Tank isn't it getting so many kills that it invalidates the remaining marines or anything like that. The big problems are:
    1. Its potential. Xenoes get scared of it because if it is robust, it can stomp them no holds barred, as rare as this may be. This just means that even an unrobust tank will help to massively suppress xenoes. This got much lessened with recent changes, however.
    2. How much impact it has if it is robust. That said its impact in this regard is arguably smaller than a SG/Spec and a robust private gets more kills than an unrobust tank.
    3. How it puts the entire game on rails - marines want to push with the tank and on every map the ways the tank can push are quite limited. Ice/Trijent are the worst offenders here, because LV/Solaris just lock the Tank out of the caves completely most of the time, making it a moot point.

Now, the first two matters are being dealt with actively. The last, however... unless every map ensures there is always either multiple paths or no path at all for the Tank, the Tank will force the marines into repeating the same old attack plans every round.