Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bancrose Event Thread

Yautja Council Member CCRWasHere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real communism has never been tried

My specific, perfect, entirely infallible brand of communism has never been tried
    Julian 'Jules' Petrov | MARINE

Jall Thar'n | PREDATOR

Dossier
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright for me the event was 98.6% DOODOO balls trash.(ok maybe not trash im sorry for saying that bro) Okay so I wait like 30 minutes for an event which is alright because it was gonna be cool right, right? But nah bro I got a spec armband then ahelped when told to and then you responded to me but didn't give me my stuff????????? Kinda cringe ngl. okay and then I pm'd you asking for my gun like 15 minutes later and then you gave it to me and so I went to the frontlines and tried to shoot people but COULDN'T because I didn't have my SKILLS!!! so I ahelped again and then was responded to like 5 minutes later and just as they gave me my skills I died................. was not funny and I certainly did not laugh. just my perspective bro and the UPP got pushed too into the caves too hard. bancrose more like cringecrose.
    beast

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnedSweetPotato View Post
    Alright for me the event was 98.6% DOODOO balls trash.(ok maybe not trash im sorry for saying that bro) Okay so I wait like 30 minutes for an event which is alright because it was gonna be cool right, right? But nah bro I got a spec armband then ahelped when told to and then you responded to me but didn't give me my stuff????????? Kinda cringe ngl. okay and then I pm'd you asking for my gun like 15 minutes later and then you gave it to me and so I went to the frontlines and tried to shoot people but COULDN'T because I didn't have my SKILLS!!! so I ahelped again and then was responded to like 5 minutes later and just as they gave me my skills I died................. was not funny and I certainly did not laugh. just my perspective bro and the UPP got pushed too into the caves too hard. bancrose more like cringecrose.
    Was tryna juggle a lot sorry.

Didnt even realize marines pushed caves that hard.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the next event, I was thinking to stray away from major ones and do minor ones that build up to a major one as to sorta create a persistent sort of storyline where your guys actions have consequences and use that as experience to build a better one.

But I can see how it can get taxing/exhausting. If anyone has any cool ideas, please feel free to drop em here.

as a whitelist maintainer, I'll find a way to rope in preds/synths/commanders
    Last edited by Bancrose; 09-21-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, here is a plan for cool event:
    Remove benos, there shouldn't be even one trace of benos during that event.
    Create a lot of custom Surv slots without weapons, or tools that aren't necessary for their job (like botanist shouldn't spawn with tool pouch etc). Say OOC it's extended colony RP ebent so that people should turn their survs on.
    Make also a Thunderdome even where people can go observe and turn into warriors for pure 0-RP fight to death. Those who died should be spawned as zombies after 5-10 minutes from the start of the round in Colony. Send fluff Announcement to marines that their dropship requires a minor repair so it won't be able to start untill 12:35 - 12:45. Create "spawn points" where dead infected bodies are "created" (like colony morgue, or medbay) that marines have to destroy in order to stop them.
    That's it, you don't have to do anything more than to watch the fun round. Sometimes maybe spawn few more zombies on the edge of the map, sometimes maybe small squad of CLF.
    You can be sure as hell that if zombies will force marines to evac, the infection will naturally spread to Almayer. Then Admeme Hijack the shuttle, inform zombies to come to LZ and of they go.
    The End of great Ebent with small effort.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    For the next event, I was thinking to stray away from major ones and do minor ones that build up to a major one as to sorta create a persistent sort of storyline where your guys actions have consequences and use that as experience to build a better one.

But I can see how it can get taxing/exhausting. If anyone has any cool ideas, please feel free to drop em here.

as a whitelist maintainer, I'll find a way to rope in preds/synths/commanders
    Not sure if this has ever been done before or is even POSSIBLE, but perhaps an event & storyline that extends over two rounds in tandem.
    I would imagine that the Rolls should somehow have to be locked, aswell as death in the prior round enforced if that was at all possible. All that said, my grasp of Byond & ss13�s code is, amateur at best, and I was hardly able to boot up my own box station.
    Probably not possible, but that was my 2 cents.
    Bancrose it�s my opinion you do some of the best events on CM, so thank you!

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys flatter me too much, The last two I ran in my opinion were failures but taught some valuable lessons.

Now the idea I had for a persistent event was a storyline where you guys had to stop the UPP from attempting to conquer the tychon rift.

Thats where all the planets like Big Red and LV are. I got a narrative and everything written but I dont know whats fun for you guys because I feel like my opinion of what is fun differs from your guys idea of fun.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys flatter me too much, The last two I ran in my opinion were failures but taught some valuable lessons.

Now the idea I had for a persistent event was a storyline where you guys had to stop the UPP from attempting to conquer the tychon rift.

Thats where all the planets like Big Red and LV are. I got a narrative and everything written but I dont know whats fun for you guys because I feel like my opinion of what is fun differs from your guys idea of fun.

That's actually what I was thinking would be a fun event.

Just a big gauntlet from one map to the next with marines vs the invading UPP.

The narrative stuff should be done in a way so that all players feel included in the fun and plot.

There's nothing worse than playing a whole round, only to find out it there was an event going on.

I asked a long time ago to staff now since departed from CM, but you think that the forums will ever set up a schedule for events? I can understand why not though, high server pop lagging the way it does.

Also, have you ever thought about a no xenos round, where the marines deploy off to Ice Colony with a few survivor changelings (and regular survivors) in the mix for some crazy "The Thing" action to go down?

Such a round would be a friendly fire / witch-hunt nightmare, and would probaby end in a Deathsquad/Almayer self destruct combo; but could be worth it for the actual terror of Marines vs the shape shifting Thing.

Imagine the paranoia.... the amount of Ahelps would be awful though.

I imagine that pic related is still somewhere in CM's ss13 code
    Last edited by TheDexFiles; 09-27-2019 at 05:56 AM.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDexFiles View Post
    That's actually what I was thinking would be a fun event.

Just a big gauntlet from one map to the next with marines vs the invading UPP.

The narrative stuff should be done in a way so that all players feel included in the fun and plot.

There's nothing worse than playing a whole round, only to find out it there was an event going on.

I asked a long time ago to staff now since departed from CM, but you think that the forums will ever set up a schedule for events? I can understand why not though, high server pop lagging the way it does.

Also, have you ever thought about a no xenos round, where the marines deploy off to Ice Colony with a few survivor changelings (and regular survivors) in the mix for some crazy "The Thing" action to go down?

Such a round would be a friendly fire / witch-hunt nightmare, and would probaby end in a Deathsquad/Almayer self destruct combo; but could be worth it for the actual terror of Marines vs the shape shifting Thing.

Imagine the paranoia.... the amount of Ahelps would be awful though.

I imagine that pic related is still somewhere in CM's ss13 code
    I'd be cool with scheduling my events on here for everyone to see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be cool with scheduling my events on here for everyone to see it.
    Missed your events but I've got some input from experience I've had in the past on both sides as COs + observing . You certainly have a good format I think.

Really, got nothing to add rn except how from what I've seen some events play out really good when you give the Falling Falcons a choice. Then you see how they respond and you respond accordingly.

I say "Falling Falcons" and not "Marines" or "CO" because I've seen it both ways. I've seen events where marines caused major shit to happen that wasn't the COs intention (like the time a SL started WW3) as well more linear games where the CO managed to take the situation in their hands and do their job and "answer" how they wanted to.

That's just my take on it. You give an objective and a choice or two then see how it pans out and respond accordingly.

*shrug* I've never run an event though so I have no real-game experience beyond what I've seen.

Also yeah, maybe a system of a rough schedule posted on discord/forums would help out. Something sort of like Announcements for rounds or changeling. Only, whenever a event is being planned for sometime that week. Might help with organizing staff-wise the stuff needed to setup an event