User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't know/AdmiralGreene - Rule 15/ CO guidelines

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have come to a conclusion on the CMP side of things, but I won't announce my determination until the CO council comes to a decision on the CO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a bit of a delay, the CO Council has looked over this and has come to the following conclusions;

The confusion stems largely from a mix-up in interpreting what is and what is not a SOP change. Specifically, refer to this line;

[11:41:11]SAY: Trianna Jesowitz/AdmiralGreene : I'm not arresting marines because of fucking hats.

The CO makes it abundantly clear that they do not want marines charged for tophats. This, along with the fact that they're pardoning anyone arrested for the tophats (on the basis of it being a tophat arrest) implies that they are changing SOP. To then go and arrest the same marine for the issue they were just pardoned for - after the CO made it clear they didn't want them arrested for it - is bound to ruffle some feathers.

Under those circumstances, we don't feel that it'd be entirely fair to blame the CO for the line which might indicate potential 'proactive pardoning';

[11:44:18]SAY: Trianna Jesowitz/AdmiralGreene : I'm only pardoning the hat charges, that doesn't mean you can punch and insult the MP's.

Basically, the way we see this is that the CO wanted a SOP change, but didn't articulate it very well, so there was a bit of confusion regarding its enforcement and the works. Which happens. We believe that their intent was clear enough such that it doesn't warrant a warning on their end. With that being said; please be sure that, if you are a CO who is changing SOP, you're explicit in the fact that it is a SOP change so mix-ups like these can be avoided.

In this case, however, the CO Council recommends no action taken against AdmiralGreene.
    Last edited by scsnv; 10-01-2019 at 06:06 AM.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I concur with the CO Council,

I will wait for Boomer to close this at his discretion, he will tell you whether or not you made a mistake as a CMP.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a giant clusterfuck of a miscommunication.
    Normally I would be jobbanning the CMP for improper arrest procedures since he has a previous note, however there is a big miscommunication on this one.

A CMP should not be arresting a MP who was given a unlawful order, as a CMP cannot pardon anyone.
    However this would have been avoided if the CO just said "Hey guys as part of a morale boost you can wear these top hats."

The CMP will be messaged about this one.