Date of Incident
    September 24, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Bruce

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Tando_Oddball

Accused Character Name
    Axel 'Jackal' Freund

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    8:35 Central

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 4

Description of the incident:
    The player was playing CO at the time of incident. From the very beginning of the round, the CO had the mindset of making his MPs be as strict as they could be. It was one of the first things he radio'd out. As such, the MPs did as he asked and brigged people like they are supposed to. I'm not sure what happened in the briefing to cause it, but the CO threatened to kill a marine in the middle of it.

Obviously, marines didn't like either of these things. However, they still deployed as per usual. Most of the marines were pretty calm, however one of the Bravo engineers was angry that their engineering buddy had been brigged for "walking in the way of an MP". I'm not sure of the validity of these claims, however. I do know there were many more arrests made throughout the operation. I walked into the brig at one point to help with a survivor and there were about 5 prisoners either processed or being processed.

Despite marines still not provoking anything, besides the Bravo Engineer who said that if their partner wasn't release they wouldn't work on the FOB, the CO and the MPs started a search for "Mutineers'? I do not know how these claims surfaced, however eventually there was a small term mutiny being planned by the Bravo engineer and was stopped at a later time. The CO knew what he was doing was going to cause a mutiny, but he continued to do it either way.

Moving on, a bad CAS call happened midway through the round, and marines wanted a PFC who called it punished. The CO faked BEing the PO supposedly to make the marines happy, but in the end only caused more distaste towards the Command, which was headed straight for a properly scaled mutiny. I brought up the issue that the PO was the wrong person to BE since it was a PFC who called the CAS, and the CO responds with a sarcastic comment similar to "Oh well." After literally an hour of a stalemate at the caves entrances, marines pulled back and the LZ got flanked by the hive. The CO proceeds to launch the Alamo so that marines can't board, and later tells me and the marines themselves that there will be no evac and that they will basically die trying to retake the LZ. This causes there to be around 70 xenos by the time the Almayer invasion happens. I suggest we send supplies down via the Normandy to which the CO agrees.

After we board the Normandy, I ask him the situation about the ground side forces. He tells me they are "Doing just fine, plenty of living men". In reality, the entire planet had been wiped and he secretly sent the 8 people on the Normandy on a mission to die. After the evac, he blames the deaths of all the marines on "radiation" and the CL. Another witness accounts that the CO had the CL arrested for the false capital charge for the shit that he caused. This basically griefed the CL by getting him permabrigged right before the dropship landed. Then, as all COs would do if they wanted to piss marines off even more, they told marines there would be no evac on the Almayer. Afterwords, they attempted to evac themselves and failed.

TL;DR: CO makes MPs be as strict as possible, threatens to BE people in briefing, has MPs prepare for mutiny before any official mutiny has begun based solely on his knowledge that his actions would cause one, fakes BEing the wrong person to cause more outrage and makes a sarcastic comment when I bring it up, calls the Alamo up so marines can not evacuate, sends down a few marines to "resupply the groundside marines" while in reality sending them to their deaths, blaming everything on the CL that they gave a completely false perma brig charge to, then tried to deny marines/civvies Almayer evacuation to get the final laugh in to piss off marines.

This is clearly mutiny baiting. I've spoken to the player in question, and they even told me they were doing a character gimmick of being Authoritarian and admitted that he knew that his actions would cause a mutiny.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Unfortunately due to the amount of crashes I had this round, I could not save log evidence. However, everything here will be backed up in the pulled logs.

How you would punish the accused:
    Council's decision.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can confirm, during that round I was one of the few Alpha boies(Alpha Spec that round as Roswell) left during the drop down the Normandy and one of the few to escape.

The CO basically kept trying make up events and basically was causing confusion a lot of times. Basically sent us to our deaths on the Normandy because he didnt tell anyone the ground was lost even though he could check if it was or not. He kept saying there was the rest of the forces there and all and we are going to link up to save the LZ1 and so on. Instead we found THE REMANTS! of the forces that ran to LZ2 to hide and we were clobbered by the alien forces there only getting revived by the medbay when we went back up. A XO I could see more mutiny baiting and such due to lower standards and such and can easily go with 'well he a XO for a reason' but he did sortive just sent people to die for no good reason.

Would recommend looking up the announcements he made to us, also threatened the marines to get on the Normandy and drop even though we knew it was going to be a suicide trip.

Can confirm that he said everyone died to 'radiation aa weapons' or something in an announcement and then pinned it on the CL and apparently some marine? Did not see what he did with the CL or PFC after though nor did I see them after I ghosted on the pod.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me and the CO Council will be looking into this one. Everyone please Remember Rule 2.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are so many statements in this thread which are painfully inaccurate, it actually pains me.

Captain told me he wanted marine law enforced, a common request and something I do regardless. Marine law was actually enforced to a lower standard than usual due to newer MPs. I do recall even taking the suggestions from Arbs to alter some charges from disorderly to hooliganism to be more lenient.

Bravo Engineer was detained for interfering with an arrest and a disrespect charge, he was actually pardoned by the Captain (well, tried to but eventually his time was altered to 5 minutes)

The search for mutineers, was started by me, as I have a good sense for this. The mutineers was dealt with after being charged with two capital crimes, the individual was the only confirmed mutineers that round, but I was preparing for others, as a precaution.

Faking a BE because the pilots are new because the marines are screaming bloody murder is actually quite commendable, this middle ground (which even I wasn't aware of) is actually quite a good fit, it'd appease most marines but not punish a PO who is simply new.

When I announced the execution of the only chap who commit sedition, he expressed for me to phrase my announcement in a manner to be careful not to incite mutiny. Allowing me to announce it was an attempt to obviously distance himself from the execution and place it at the feet of MPs, which is a smart thing to do when trying to avoid a mutiny.

While I can't comment on the CL crime in depth , he was marked for arrest for sedition and detained on the Captains over, dropship was hijacked so no further interrogation could commence.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe its somewhat relevant to mention that this is the very first report I've had filed against me to my knowledge on any SS13 server in my roughly six years of playing. The reason I bring that up is to provide some measure of "character witness" on myself that I am genuinely not a trouble-maker, nor a griefer whose focus is on ruining the enjoyment of others.

I would also like to express that while I don't believe many of the statements which have been made thus far in the thread are accurate, I also don't believe that anyone is intentionally being deceptive. When people get emotional about something, they're quite likely to choose a story which more rightly details their feelings on a matter. Regardless, I don't blame them whatsoever for anything they post here, correct or otherwise, and would encourage anyone who had anything to share about the round in question to offer their opinions on what occurred so that everyone can grow from it together.

To begin my defense:
    Rule 4 is not seemingly an accurate accusation.
    A potentially minor point, but having read through the entirety of Rule 4, it appears to have been written almost exclusively to prevent Griefing wherein a person would deliberately try to ruin someone else's round. At no point throughout this round in question did I set out to destroy any opportunities for having fun, or for creating a good story. The round lasted for several hours, and so I think that this should be fairly evident. Of the problems listed here, I neither committed any EORG, nor did I allow for any major disruptions to take place near roundstart by restricting equipment, though it was recommended to me that I enforce a strict "helmet-only" mission. I denied this, because I didn't want multiple players to be arrested near the start of the round for something as minor as not putting on the correct hat-sprite.

I wasn't actually that strict.
    I had set out to play something of an authoritarian and a bit of a jerk, because I don't typically see much of that when I play (I'm sure it happens, but I don't see much of it, or recall seeing it often.) That being said, I still didn't want anyone's round to be totally screwed, and I recognize that sitting in the Brig isn't an enjoyable experience. Multiple times throughout the round, I took efforts to try to shorten or pardon crimes where possible, and I avoided sicking the MPs on every single issue that popped up for the most part. I believe the only people I personally ordered arrested were: A disrespectful Marine who I had threatened at Briefing, A drunken Lieutenant, and the CL at the end of the round, when the shuttle would be launching up shortly.

As per the Briefing incident, a Marine was being very disrespectful in the midst of my Briefing, and I made a comment about them "valuing their lives." While this could be interpreted as a threat to BE, one should also recognize that shooting someone over a basic insult is stupid, and not something I would have personally followed through on, regardless of how many insults were thrown. That being said, a Private in this Marine Corp essentially relies on their Command staff to direct them, and so someone focused on insulting those taking the lead demonstrates that they show little value to their own well-being as these will be the people providing them with direction, munitions, reinforcements, and general support.

The totally real BE
    When I first heard of the CAS incident, I had just received assistance from an absolutely excellent Executive Officer who was running the CIC with extreme ability, and so I was able to leave CIC for a moment to check on the remainder of the vessel. I was already in the Medbay when I heard about the bad CAS, or at least heading down that way. I decided to take a detour, hearing Marines complain loudly about how a PO had killed "at least 15 Marines". I recognized that was likely a big exaggeration, but CAS'ing a ton of allies seemed like a chance to earn some loyalty from the upset Marines, and I knew exactly what trick to pull.

I did smack a PO a couple of times with a baton (I think I accidentally hit him in the head, even though I was just trying to knock him down. Didn't want to hurt him too bad so I left after that disciplinary action), and then walked my bloodied uniform back to CIC where I promptly reported that... some random name I came up with out of the blue had been Battlefield Executed for bad CAS. Of course, this wasn't a real person, a fact that could be checked by anyone with a Manifest, but which I knew absolutely no one would, because no one pays attention to this sort of thing. In fact, I have used this trick multiple times in the past in order to secure loyalty, and have discussed its use several times in Discord. No one has ever called me on it, and so it stands to reason that it is a legal move, if not sneaky in nature.

Of course, when someone started talking about how it was actually a PFC's fault that the CAS had occurred, it presented an awkward situation. Most people seemed not to mind too terribly about the PO in general, but at least one person did think that they were the wrong person punished. I did in fact reply with something along the lines of "Oh Well", because there really wasn't anything else to say. It's not like I could retroactively say, "Oh, nevermind, I didn't BE them." and I couldn't actually revive someone, because they weren't even a real person. I wasn't going to march down and shoot some random PFC for accidental bad CAS, especially when it seemed like only one or two people out of the collective cared at all about their role in the incident.

Mutiny
    I'm not entirely certain how to defend the idea that I wasn't actively attempting to create a mutiny. I had set out to be somewhat scummy, and so I recognized it was certainly a possibility, especially with encouragement given to the MPs to be strict, but I never really discussed it until some time into the round had already passed, and someone on the MP channel started discussing "mutinous thoughts" rising. The MPs seemed certain that any mutiny would be incited by an outspoken member of Bravo's engineering team, and... I let them do their thing. Don't think I ever ordered them to take the mutineer in, but I certainly didn't backtalk or challenge the people who were absolutely loyal to me in case one did break out, and I trust Solidfury generally to be a decent player and a capable MP, plus, he had Alan Jones on his side, and they seemed to be in agreement.

When the time came for the execution, I tried to have the evidence presented to me of the Marine's sedition, because I knew that a sudden execution of an Engineer would lead to a bit of a fuss. Of course, the evidence was all "audio-log", and so it couldn't be recorded, but I did request that another MP verified the statements of the CMP to add a bit of legality to the whole thing. Afterwards, I called the CMP, and informed him that if he wanted to perform the execution, he had to make the announcement, because I wanted to wash my hands of the matter. I certainly didn't want the Marines turning on me, which raises another interesting theme throughout the round; While I supported the CMP to a great extent, I also tended to allow blame to be levied against him in my behalf to prevent any mutinous uprising.

No Evac and Normandy
    By the time I had called for the no-evacuation, there were still a number of Marines on the planet. I recognized it wasn't a popular announcement, but it was meant to force a group that had stalled in its push to regroup and to pick up its feet (Sun Tzu says something similar, about forcing your men into a position where there is no retreat in order to make them fiercer). While orders were given to the Marines to get to the FoB at LZ1, this order was only rarely followed, and most Marines stayed in Hydroponics and Fitness, leading to the imminent loss of LZ1 very shortly after the no-evac message. The dropship was sent up by the Synthetic in an attempt to capture the Queen which was nearly successful, but which ultimately failed.

Normandy was chosen to serve as temporary transport to get some wounded out of the area, to deploy new Marines to the fight, and to provide munition support. Of course, I expected the Marines in Fitness and Hydroponics to hold for some time since there was a relatively heavy grouping of them in the area, and even with the heavy alien numbers, I thought they would be able to last given that they weren't abandoning their barricades to run to LZ1 for rescue. I was, sadly, exceptionally mistaken, and by the time the Normandy had landed, what had been a large group of Marines had been completely wiped.

I hadn't realized, of course, that the situation had gotten quite that dire when I had sent down the Normandy, and watching the cameras and seeing the men being swarmed, I very quickly tried to relaunch the Normandy to the Almayer to save whoever was left aboard it. This was not entirely an error of character so much as a mistake of perception, not noticing that the situation had gotten quite as bad as it had. The fact I mentioned that there were plenty of men still on the surface wasn't made in jest or deception, because I genuinely had thought there were still men on the surface. I do apologize for my lack of perception here, because I recognize that if I had checked more thoroughly, I could see that everyone was dying. Sadly, my omnipotence has always been a weak point.

Prevaricate
    Of course, this meant that the operation was basically over as far as we were concerned in CIC. There were literally no Marines left to command barring a few souls still on the Almayer. Being in a situation wherein I was the Commander of a vessel which had just lost its entire compliment of soldiers, my career was very much in jeopardy, and the XO sensed this issue. He offered calmly that we simply write in our reports that the Dropship had been stricken with an anti-air weapon on its way down, leading to the deaths of the Marines. Of course, anti-air weapons don't activate themselves, and the CL had been a thorn in my side throughout the round (I actually really enjoyed our RP together though. This was the culmination of a story that had lasted nearly the whole round.)

The Dropships hadn't been damaged, and so conventional weapons couldn't have been used against them, so I made up some non-sense about radiation anti-air having killed the Marines, and set about to cover up. The Chief Engineer was sent to ARES to search for logs supporting our claims, and the MPs were dispatched to arrest the CL. In the process of fetching the CL, it seems they ran across a PFC who they determined was involved in the scheme, but who I didn't know about whatsoever, and they also brought her in to custody. As a character, I had no reason to believe that the Xenomorphs could ever attempt to fly a Dropship back up to us, but as a player, I recognized that my antics could intentionally be delayed until the shuttle had already launched, and then we could "shift" attention away from the scheme.

When the Dropship did launch, I ordered all of the MPs to head to the North Pods so that they could provide us with some protection. I didn't particularly care about the lives of the prisoners, but expected they would be released from their cells and allowed to run off somewhere. The XO announced that there wouldn't be an evacuation (I did not, in fact, agree with this statement at any point.), and then we decided in CIC that we would all attempt our own evacuation. As soon as able, I activated the pods, and we ran unsuccessfully towards the North Pods where I was killed, because there was a swarm of something like 70 Xenos onboard.

Other Statements
    "This is clearly mutiny baiting. I've spoken to the player in question, and they even told me they were doing a character gimmick of being Authoritarian and admitted that he knew that his actions would cause a mutiny."

I never actually said this. I'm not sure where this has come from. I stated that I accepted there COULD be a mutiny, but not that my actions would cause one. Incidentally, one was never caused.

Incidentally, at no point in the round did I want the Marine forces to lose. I tried for multiple hours to secure a victory for us as a group. I believe my role as a Commander is very much to lead the forces through whatever strategies I can devise, and to provide a bit of High RP to an otherwise Mid-RP server as per the role descriptor that shows up whenever I join as a CO.

I also never set out to ruin anyone's round on purpose, and I'm genuinely sad that at least 4 or 5 souls seemed to have not have an enjoyable time throughout the round, at least partially due to my actions. I'm a storyteller at heart, and I derive the greatest enjoyment out of creating something exciting and interesting to remember. Some of my best rounds have been absolute losses, but I know that not everyone gets joy from the same things as I do, and so I put forward some legitimate effort to secure a win for us, since I know that some people play exclusively to get those and shoot Benos.

While I don't believe I've done anything particularly heinous, or even in violation of the rules, I still apologize to those people who did feel that my actions negatively affected their enjoyment of the game session, and I hope that you all enjoy your next dozen sessions to a greater level than the one yesterday.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I believe its somewhat relevant to mention that this is the very first report I've had filed against me to my knowledge on any SS13 server in my roughly six years of playing. The reason I bring that up is to provide some measure of "character witness" on myself that I am genuinely not a trouble-maker, nor a griefer whose focus is on ruining the enjoyment of others.

I would also like to express that while I don't believe many of the statements which have been made thus far in the thread are accurate, I also don't believe that anyone is intentionally being deceptive. When people get emotional about something, they're quite likely to choose a story which more rightly details their feelings on a matter. Regardless, I don't blame them whatsoever for anything they post here, correct or otherwise, and would encourage anyone who had anything to share about the round in question to offer their opinions on what occurred so that everyone can grow from it together.

To begin my defense:
    Rule 4 is not seemingly an accurate accusation.
    A potentially minor point, but having read through the entirety of Rule 4, it appears to have been written almost exclusively to prevent Griefing wherein a person would deliberately try to ruin someone else's round. At no point throughout this round in question did I set out to destroy any opportunities for having fun, or for creating a good story. The round lasted for several hours, and so I think that this should be fairly evident. Of the problems listed here, I neither committed any EORG, nor did I allow for any major disruptions to take place near roundstart by restricting equipment, though it was recommended to me that I enforce a strict "helmet-only" mission. I denied this, because I didn't want multiple players to be arrested near the start of the round for something as minor as not putting on the correct hat-sprite.

I wasn't actually that strict.
    I had set out to play something of an authoritarian and a bit of a jerk, because I don't typically see much of that when I play (I'm sure it happens, but I don't see much of it, or recall seeing it often.) That being said, I still didn't want anyone's round to be totally screwed, and I recognize that sitting in the Brig isn't an enjoyable experience. Multiple times throughout the round, I took efforts to try to shorten or pardon crimes where possible, and I avoided sicking the MPs on every single issue that popped up for the most part. I believe the only people I personally ordered arrested were: A disrespectful Marine who I had threatened at Briefing, A drunken Lieutenant, and the CL at the end of the round, when the shuttle would be launching up shortly.

As per the Briefing incident, a Marine was being very disrespectful in the midst of my Briefing, and I made a comment about them "valuing their lives." While this could be interpreted as a threat to BE, one should also recognize that shooting someone over a basic insult is stupid, and not something I would have personally followed through on, regardless of how many insults were thrown. That being said, a Private in this Marine Corp essentially relies on their Command staff to direct them, and so someone focused on insulting those taking the lead demonstrates that they show little value to their own well-being as these will be the people providing them with direction, munitions, reinforcements, and general support.

The totally real BE
    When I first heard of the CAS incident, I had just received assistance from an absolutely excellent Executive Officer who was running the CIC with extreme ability, and so I was able to leave CIC for a moment to check on the remainder of the vessel. I was already in the Medbay when I heard about the bad CAS, or at least heading down that way. I decided to take a detour, hearing Marines complain loudly about how a PO had killed "at least 15 Marines". I recognized that was likely a big exaggeration, but CAS'ing a ton of allies seemed like a chance to earn some loyalty from the upset Marines, and I knew exactly what trick to pull.

I did smack a PO a couple of times with a baton (I think I accidentally hit him in the head, even though I was just trying to knock him down. Didn't want to hurt him too bad so I left after that disciplinary action), and then walked my bloodied uniform back to CIC where I promptly reported that... some random name I came up with out of the blue had been Battlefield Executed for bad CAS. Of course, this wasn't a real person, a fact that could be checked by anyone with a Manifest, but which I knew absolutely no one would, because no one pays attention to this sort of thing. In fact, I have used this trick multiple times in the past in order to secure loyalty, and have discussed its use several times in Discord. No one has ever called me on it, and so it stands to reason that it is a legal move, if not sneaky in nature.

Of course, when someone started talking about how it was actually a PFC's fault that the CAS had occurred, it presented an awkward situation. Most people seemed not to mind too terribly about the PO in general, but at least one person did think that they were the wrong person punished. I did in fact reply with something along the lines of "Oh Well", because there really wasn't anything else to say. It's not like I could retroactively say, "Oh, nevermind, I didn't BE them." and I couldn't actually revive someone, because they weren't even a real person. I wasn't going to march down and shoot some random PFC for accidental bad CAS, especially when it seemed like only one or two people out of the collective cared at all about their role in the incident.

Mutiny
    I'm not entirely certain how to defend the idea that I wasn't actively attempting to create a mutiny. I had set out to be somewhat scummy, and so I recognized it was certainly a possibility, especially with encouragement given to the MPs to be strict, but I never really discussed it until some time into the round had already passed, and someone on the MP channel started discussing "mutinous thoughts" rising. The MPs seemed certain that any mutiny would be incited by an outspoken member of Bravo's engineering team, and... I let them do their thing. Don't think I ever ordered them to take the mutineer in, but I certainly didn't backtalk or challenge the people who were absolutely loyal to me in case one did break out, and I trust Solidfury generally to be a decent player and a capable MP, plus, he had Alan Jones on his side, and they seemed to be in agreement.

When the time came for the execution, I tried to have the evidence presented to me of the Marine's sedition, because I knew that a sudden execution of an Engineer would lead to a bit of a fuss. Of course, the evidence was all "audio-log", and so it couldn't be recorded, but I did request that another MP verified the statements of the CMP to add a bit of legality to the whole thing. Afterwards, I called the CMP, and informed him that if he wanted to perform the execution, he had to make the announcement, because I wanted to wash my hands of the matter. I certainly didn't want the Marines turning on me, which raises another interesting theme throughout the round; While I supported the CMP to a great extent, I also tended to allow blame to be levied against him in my behalf to prevent any mutinous uprising.

No Evac and Normandy
    By the time I had called for the no-evacuation, there were still a number of Marines on the planet. I recognized it wasn't a popular announcement, but it was meant to force a group that had stalled in its push to regroup and to pick up its feet (Sun Tzu says something similar, about forcing your men into a position where there is no retreat in order to make them fiercer). While orders were given to the Marines to get to the FoB at LZ1, this order was only rarely followed, and most Marines stayed in Hydroponics and Fitness, leading to the imminent loss of LZ1 very shortly after the no-evac message. The dropship was sent up by the Synthetic in an attempt to capture the Queen which was nearly successful, but which ultimately failed.

Normandy was chosen to serve as temporary transport to get some wounded out of the area, to deploy new Marines to the fight, and to provide munition support. Of course, I expected the Marines in Fitness and Hydroponics to hold for some time since there was a relatively heavy grouping of them in the area, and even with the heavy alien numbers, I thought they would be able to last given that they weren't abandoning their barricades to run to LZ1 for rescue. I was, sadly, exceptionally mistaken, and by the time the Normandy had landed, what had been a large group of Marines had been completely wiped.

I hadn't realized, of course, that the situation had gotten quite that dire when I had sent down the Normandy, and watching the cameras and seeing the men being swarmed, I very quickly tried to relaunch the Normandy to the Almayer to save whoever was left aboard it. This was not entirely an error of character so much as a mistake of perception, not noticing that the situation had gotten quite as bad as it had. The fact I mentioned that there were plenty of men still on the surface wasn't made in jest or deception, because I genuinely had thought there were still men on the surface. I do apologize for my lack of perception here, because I recognize that if I had checked more thoroughly, I could see that everyone was dying. Sadly, my omnipotence has always been a weak point.

Prevaricate
    Of course, this meant that the operation was basically over as far as we were concerned in CIC. There were literally no Marines left to command barring a few souls still on the Almayer. Being in a situation wherein I was the Commander of a vessel which had just lost its entire compliment of soldiers, my career was very much in jeopardy, and the XO sensed this issue. He offered calmly that we simply write in our reports that the Dropship had been stricken with an anti-air weapon on its way down, leading to the deaths of the Marines. Of course, anti-air weapons don't activate themselves, and the CL had been a thorn in my side throughout the round (I actually really enjoyed our RP together though. This was the culmination of a story that had lasted nearly the whole round.)

The Dropships hadn't been damaged, and so conventional weapons couldn't have been used against them, so I made up some non-sense about radiation anti-air having killed the Marines, and set about to cover up. The Chief Engineer was sent to ARES to search for logs supporting our claims, and the MPs were dispatched to arrest the CL. In the process of fetching the CL, it seems they ran across a PFC who they determined was involved in the scheme, but who I didn't know about whatsoever, and they also brought her in to custody. As a character, I had no reason to believe that the Xenomorphs could ever attempt to fly a Dropship back up to us, but as a player, I recognized that my antics could intentionally be delayed until the shuttle had already launched, and then we could "shift" attention away from the scheme.

When the Dropship did launch, I ordered all of the MPs to head to the North Pods so that they could provide us with some protection. I didn't particularly care about the lives of the prisoners, but expected they would be released from their cells and allowed to run off somewhere. The XO announced that there wouldn't be an evacuation (I did not, in fact, agree with this statement at any point.), and then we decided in CIC that we would all attempt our own evacuation. As soon as able, I activated the pods, and we ran unsuccessfully towards the North Pods where I was killed, because there was a swarm of something like 70 Xenos onboard.

Other Statements
    "This is clearly mutiny baiting. I've spoken to the player in question, and they even told me they were doing a character gimmick of being Authoritarian and admitted that he knew that his actions would cause a mutiny."

I never actually said this. I'm not sure where this has come from. I stated that I accepted there COULD be a mutiny, but not that my actions would cause one. Incidentally, one was never caused.

Incidentally, at no point in the round did I want the Marine forces to lose. I tried for multiple hours to secure a victory for us as a group. I believe my role as a Commander is very much to lead the forces through whatever strategies I can devise, and to provide a bit of High RP to an otherwise Mid-RP server as per the role descriptor that shows up whenever I join as a CO.

I also never set out to ruin anyone's round on purpose, and I'm genuinely sad that at least 4 or 5 souls seemed to have not have an enjoyable time throughout the round, at least partially due to my actions. I'm a storyteller at heart, and I derive the greatest enjoyment out of creating something exciting and interesting to remember. Some of my best rounds have been absolute losses, but I know that not everyone gets joy from the same things as I do, and so I put forward some legitimate effort to secure a win for us, since I know that some people play exclusively to get those and shoot Benos.

While I don't believe I've done anything particularly heinous, or even in violation of the rules, I still apologize to those people who did feel that my actions negatively affected their enjoyment of the game session, and I hope that you all enjoy your next dozen sessions to a greater level than the one yesterday.
    Id reply to this in more depth if I wasn't on a trip to Tennesse. First points id like to say is I had the perspective from the MP channel as I was groundside most of the round. Other parts such as the Briefing BE threats came from other witnesses who asked me to add it. I found out afterwords no official mutiny ever did occur, and the call outs were just pure speculation based on the behavior of both Command and the one Bravo engineer.

My point on the PO is that you intentionally "BEd" the wrong guy. Not That it occurred in the first place. I don't truly care about it being faked, but realistically if marines actually cared about the wrong guy getting killed, it would've incited anger.

I was the Synth, I did not call the Alamo up. The only reason I was on the Alamo was because I was fast enough to get on before Command made evac impossible. You ordered everyone on the Normandy to go down or face the brig for evacuating.

Im genuinely unsure if you used our deaths on the Normandy to boost your RP with the CL, or if you killed us to do so. Either way, an engineer and the CL were falsely detained as the Alamo was crashing, securing their deaths.

I have nothing else to add until logs come back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, one more thing to add. You say in emotionally involved with this, but that is not true. You barely affected my round till you killed me on the Normandy temporarily, however I truly felt suspicious that you were baiting it from the beginning.

These aren't my emotions as you think. This is me making sure a standard is upheld.

PS: Rule 4 was because your actions intentionally or unintentionally caused the deaths of basically the entire marine force plus the CL

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure it's entirely reasonable to punish causing the deaths of people unintentionally, and while I wouldn't presume to know your emotional stance, I do recognize that you seemed very upset about the entire ordeal.

I was under the impression that Bruce the Synthetic attempted to trap the Xenomorph Queen by launching the Alamo topside. There's a possibility I was incorrect on this, though that may very well have been the last time the Alamo was sent topside due to a lack of pilots, and a general loss of LZ1.

I didn't intentionally "BE" the wrong guy. I intentionally "BE'd" the guy that everyone was initially complaining about for the CAS. It wasn't until I had already finished with it that I started to hear "Oh no, it was probably the PFC's fault" from a soul. Clearly, it didn't incite anger, since no one ever did anything whatsoever about it, and so I'm not entirely certain what the implication you're making here is that it "would have".

I did utilize your deaths to boost some RP since you had already died, but I didn't send you down exclusively so I could RP with the CL. I wasn't even the one to suggest the cover-up of the mission.

As always, I still respect and appreciate you, Survivor, and I hope that the logs prove firmly that I had no malicious intent associated with my actions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a lot of fluff involved, and even condensed there's a lot of information; all the important bits (and even the less important bits) are there, however.

Logs:

The CO's roundstart remarks with the CMP about being strict, the CO declining enforcing helmets, as well as the threat made against the marine during Briefing.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The CMP arrests Elise, the Bravo engineer (not to be confused with the Elise whom the CO threatened). The other engineer (Darwin Jefferson) is not happy and is vocal in this.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Close to half an hour later, the engineer (Elise) is slated to be released, but then they insult the CMP and get thrown right back in as soon as they were released. The other engineer (Darwin) continues to kick up a fuss, and the CO tries to resolve the matter/get the engineer out of the Brig.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CAS PO hits the marines. At around the same time, the CMP mentions the potential of a mutiny. There was no mutiny ever proposed by either Bravo engineer. The CO then speaks to the POs, and beats one of them with the telebaton (not the one who actually did the bad CAS). They then make their announcement about the 'BE', and their 'a shame' remark to being told it wasn't the right PO.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The CO announces no evac, both to his Command staff and via announcement. There may be other contents in the announcement, but multi-paragraph announcements get lost in the void and can be hard to locate. The important bit is there.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The CO has the marines start using the Normandy. The later logs show the the CO talking about the tac map being blank (RPing disbelief that the marines are dead), but this was after their Normandy order; they were seemingly unaware at the time.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The CO acknowledges that the marines lost and works with the XO to cover-up their screwup with the Normandy. They blame the CL and have the MPs arrest them for sedition which results in the CL/engineer dying.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

In other news; the CO Council has discussed the matter of 'fake' BEs, and while we will not disallow them from occurring, it was decided that they are ill-advised and should not become common practice. Beyond that, however, this report does not involve the CO Council - the rest will be handled by the Mod Manager.
    Last edited by scsnv; 09-30-2019 at 06:24 AM.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm reviewing the logs, I don't really see mutiny baiting here or intentional grief. If a CO wants to be the strict authoritative type, or the type that wants to feed disinformation to the marines to try inspire them or cover up their failures, I don't have an issue with that. Mutiny baiting is when you use your authority to detain marines for the stupidest of marine law violations (Running and not walking in the hallways as an example) The logs show the CO was telling the CMP to be strict, but at the same time he tried to lower timers on punishments or ask the CMP to do a NJP. If someone was going to use ML to grief players, they would be setting the maximum time and denying appeals.

However I do see attempts to roleplay with the CL, but Exodus unless it's a staff sanctioned event, you shouldn't be using roleplay like that to frame the CL and arrest them. It's different if you gang up on the CL and say "Men he's to blame" and everyone punches him with RP and proper escalation behind it.

As far as a fake BE, I don't have an issue with that.

Exodus/Tando_Oddball is getting a warning for ordering a false arrest on this one.