Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Special Survivors"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imagine spawning in and being like

"aight time to get insta-critted and shoved in a nest for 10 to 20 minutes"

the only role i have had on at roundstart for the past year is survivor and believe me, things have crept up so bad that i havent survived a group-cade in weeks, the only way i can do CLF RP now is hiding and waiting so i can ambush the marines and hope to god i can loot a helmet that actually does something (not to mention the armor you technically arent allowed to wear if you choose to be hostile).

anything else and its either insta-lose warrior grabs with disarm spam or insta-lose runner flybys breaking your skull/ribs and giving you IB within 4-5 hits. there was a time about a year ago when surviving as a survivor seemed almost impossible, and it got better, but it seems to be creeping up again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why you loot the flamethrower, keep it on your armor, Then when you get captured, you flame from inside the stomach, or just pre equip and flame the moment you get out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love all these people saying "Bro just roam the map, like just walk bro what's the big deal" as if that wasn't the fastest way to get a single slash to the cranium from a young runner and immediately drop to crit.

If you want to play as an actual survivor instead doing an unga play trough on Very Hard, then hiding is your best choice, beno mains try to discourage people from doing this precisely because they know they cannot check all locations and 90% of benos do not even bother with clicking closets for an hour. The survivors that try to do forts inevitably get their shit melted and killed. As survivors you're at the mercy of the CO/XO not doing "lol briefing 12:35", moreso the ones that don't hide. Cowards live to escape and roleplay, which what you should be aiming for as a survivor, if you wanna rambo the aliens then just go play PFC and main pistol load out.

To summarize:

-Do not try to Rambo the aliens, your skills are shit and you'll die from a single pounce
    -Get a gun+flashlight+crowbar as soon as you spawn, only if you can get insulated gloves and toolbox
    -Shocking doors is a good way to kill some benos but it also lets them know you're there
    -Do not go running around all over the map like a moron, you'll get immediately spotted by vent larva and snitched on
    -Hide in a secluded spot inside a locker or closet with whatever gun you have ready in your hand in the odd chance a beno actually checks
    -If you hear the dropship then book it for the LZ or wait till the marines come near you, it's your best shot at surviving

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiding is literally the best way to make your round a boring ass experience, your wasting a role, and if you loot any kind of weapon/ammo E.g LV's shotgun congrats you just screwed every single other survivor on the map, plus you have a massive ass delay getting out of a locker, if your going to hide at least hide in the morgue, they can't open morgue's, and you have no delay popping out, Yes you can survive by hiding but it's either due to lazy ass xeno's or the fact other survivors are putting up a fight else where attracting attention NOTHING you do effects if you surviving by hiding or not.

Holding and defending a location with shock doors is still the most effective strat for survivors you have the highest chance of survival no matter what kind of group you end up with the only time's this will change is if you survivor group is semi robust, in which roaming become a extremely good idea, by not staying a one location you will make it a lot harder for xeno's to overwhelm you your only really threat early on is runners, Senti's will get memed by slug's/buck so will defenders.

Sadly the day's of shock door's are limited mainly due to Evo pod's.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surviving while having killed a bunch of xenos is the ultimate robusto strat, and it's alot more fun then hiding in a locker for 20 minutes just to come across a bald CL, or trying to go hostile and get immediately shot down by sentries.

Killing more then a few xenos as a survivor means

"Even though i have shit stats, bad guns, die in 1 pounce, no attachments, no armor and limited ammo, i kicked ass"

You die. Alot.

But it's those few rounds that make everything worth It. Some people find happiness in RPing, some enjoy killing xenos. It's more of a "What do I like most?" thing.

If you want to RP with the CL or pull off a gimmick shipside, just leave your gear around in an armory and hide.

Everyone gets happy, so yeah. Do what you like, but dont screw people over because they play the game differently.

Edit: If you are not good on medical/Engineering or combat, i really suggest you give your gear to people who can make good use of it. If you end up on a last stand somehow, follow the orders of the guys who seem to know what they are doing, and focus on support, not combat.
    Last edited by Jeether; 10-07-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I clicked this thread hoping it would be about clowns. Bitter disappointment. >