User Tag List

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Marine Law Discussion Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    Personally I find that "Disrespecting a superior Officer" should not stack. This means that if I call the PO and idiot three times I can be executed.
    As a general rule, offenses, or at the very least disrespect, should not stack if they're not seperate incidents. You did not disrespect a superiour Officer three times if you called him an idiot three times in one interaction.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow there's a readability test? Amazing, that really took me by surprise haha.

Noted on your reply Awan. Since we should focus on ML I guess I'll input on these:

I am still looking forward to more punishment methods for marines. Since we want realism in punishments, how about we introduce flogging/whipping? Imagine public whipping at brief 12:15 before detention for 5 - 10 minutes as opposed to stacked up 45 minutes detention. I thought of this after looking at the Permanent confinement section. Standing cuffed on a chair with armour and gear stripped for humiliation is also an option. Essentially we are open to more methods of punishment.

On the Good Behaviour section, how about adding community service, like cleaning up the mess of the Cyro rooms, canteen, and briefing? I think that's a good addition as well.

On Right to Appeal, can the CL represent as a lawyer for appeal of the marine? I think this makes things interesting but it's just a thought.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding new charges when you're already brigged is only fun for soft griefer MPs.

Disrespect while brigged shouldnt get you more time, just take their radio away and add some shutters to the cell so no one can hear them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding new charges allows you to spread your punishment options. Instead of 45 minutes brig time, which is essentially the whole round, you can get 30 lashes with 5 minute brig time as a measure to spread them. That was what I intend for actually if I didnt make that clear. So that you get shorter brig time, which will be round time, at the cost of your pride.

But of course if you want to take 45 minutes or more brig time and not play the round by staying in brig then sure.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    Adding new charges when you're already brigged is only fun for soft griefer MPs.

Disrespect while brigged shouldnt get you more time, just take their radio away and add some shutters to the cell so no one can hear them.
    Read the document again disrespect has been cut as a crime.
    Because while removed it is still insubordination and that works following a three-strike system.

The last casada post needs not additional reply from me.

How to become senior dev.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say, that contraband law should be reworded a bit. It says, that it is illegal to distribute impairing, intoxicating and addictive drugs, but according to ML clarifications, CO or CMO can authorize whatever they want (i.e. Synaptizine, Hyperzine, Ultrazine. First two are impairing, third one is impairing and addictive). I am not sure, if I should bring this issue up here, though, because, in my ophinion, it resides somewhere between ML and SOP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rals View Post
    I would say, that contraband law should be reworded a bit. It says, that it is illegal to distribute impairing, intoxicating and addictive drugs, but according to ML clarifications, CO or CMO can authorize whatever they want (i.e. Synaptizine, Hyperzine, Ultrazine. First two are impairing, third one is impairing and addictive). I am not sure, if I should bring this issue up here, though, because, in my ophinion, it resides somewhere between ML and SOP.
    I myself prefer a text that refers to sop. Marine law should be the part that changes the least. Sop should be the part where changes are most freely done.

How to become senior dev.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Change punishment from Min/Max timers to a three strike system for minor/major crimes

>Be marine
    >Accidentally destroy something
    >Get MP screaming get down
    >Comply
    >Get 30 minutes for destruction of government property

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Change punishment from Min/Max timers to a three strike system for minor/major crimes
    This, I'd rather a system where you have to be a retard repeatedly to get max time in the slammer where if you are a massive retard, it would skip strikes to get the prize of a max sentence. That and remove any crime stacking.
    It would certainly help a lot of the newer MPs from needing to have a calculator next to you to count every offence and stacking charges for a time when they could focus on just arrest and brig procedures, which I've noticed is becoming a problem that is slipping for a lot of MP rounds. It would even make paperwork and tracking rapsheets a lot more streamlined.
    Last edited by Mann handle; 10-16-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah remove min/max timers.