User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A discussion on hostile survivors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    Hostile survivors should be dictated by a preference option alongside actual antagonist objectives rather than having it be an arbitrary choice.
    Boom, this. Either that or add in a clause preventing survivors from being hostile to marines.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hostile survivors are just a griefing role that is admin sanctioned. If you want to murderbone marines do it as aliens. As survivor marines are OOC bound not to shot first and it can be hard to tell the guy slugging you is a CLF. What does it even add? It not a cool shootout. It a you got ambushed and slugged and decapped or the survivors are mowed down then you get ahelped for just mowing them down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have not seen what you're alleging. We had recent issues with prisoner survivors getting thrown into perma prison which we had cracked down on OOCly.

I've never seen a marine murder an innocent/friendly survivor, and even then the most "mistreatment" I've seen is survivors being ziptied and detained.
    On a recent Solaris round, as a friendly survivor, we were shot, flamed, restrained, one of us was even killed and heartbroken. When I asked if any of the offending marines (like 4) received a note, I got no answer.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hostile survivors are fun as hell to play as, and they're rare to see- because in the 30 to 45 minute timespan it takes for USCM to actually land, most of the survivors are usually already dead or unrecoverable.
    Honestly, your chances to spawn as a hostile survivor should be randomized and rolled for. If you do, you get CLF or UPP gear that you cannot remove under any circumstance.

The major issue I see is that marines can sometimes have difficulty distinguishing against hostiles, and normal survivors. What I'd mentioned prior would fix this issue.

Just have hostile survivors spawn with CLF or UPP gear, or force them to choose a new "Hostile Survivor" role. if they want to play HvH, they're liable to be mowed down on sight. However, survivors sometimes get treated like shit by marines just because the marine is a massive Unga and wants to shoot anything that isn't USCM.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remove survivors problem solved.

This is not a shitpost.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You all want more ahelps? You want every survivor shot because � might be antag�?. Because hostile survivors will make more hostile marines

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    Just remove survivors problem solved.

This is not a shitpost.
    cancel culture

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro I do love playing hostile but it's unfair for other survivors that might not like shooting marines but get compromised by us. Which means maybe we can (like you said and quoted) have uniforms and certain rules or anything that can be easy to identify if a survivor is hostile, or non-hostiles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an avid surv player who has never been hostile (the one time the group I was in decided to be CLF some guy opened the shutters on the armory dome on LV and we all got murderboned, took that as a sign), I�ve never encountered the issues being described concerning trigger-happy Marines, nor have I, as a Marine, encountered survivors who were hostile and waited to reveal that for a �vulnerable� moment. I agree with the others here however that being a hostile surv should be something you opt into at round start, which perhaps spawns you with some hostile ERT gear and some extra supplies, could add an interesting mini HvH to every round. I disagree the gear should be unremovable as someone here suggested, but I think it should rather be incorporated into their ID with a marker on the Marine�s HUD. It�s already against OOC rules to remove your ID or use someone else�s for anything beyond short term life saving (like using a dead PO�s to launch the Normandy and escape the Almayer), and to my knowledge people breaking this rule isn�t very prevalent. I think the idea of some form of antag objective is a good idea, though depending on how many spawn (I imagine 4-5 at most) the scope of it should be more limited than the Antag ERTs, since they have to survive the Benos and a full strength USCM. Perhaps to find/repair a beacon that summons more ERTs of their faction to try and hijack the Almayer? Or perhaps just to transmit some data and then steal a dropship/find one of their own ships to escape.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hostile survs imo are a lot more interesting than normal friendly survs when done in a interesting way. If I get a miracle as survivor and actually survive until the ungas arrive I never straight up shoot them on sight, but I am very uncooperative with them. I tend to call them commies impersonating the USCM and I prevent them from getting inside my barricades. I always, always warn them that I will shoot them if they get too close. Sometimes they manage to sweet talk me into actually believing that they are the real USCM, and sometimes they don't and blow me up. Either way its a unique situation that's tense and fun for both sides, and I really really don't think hostile survs should ever be removed cause they do contribute to the games fun at least for me, rather than just straight up removing the role it should be adjusted.

Cakey's idea sounds neat, maybe hostile survs could be spawned in for example at secured dome and have their objective to be to keep all intel that spawns in the dome inside of the dome by round end?
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.