User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Decker100 - Commander Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

Yeah incompetence can be hard to deal with but it isn't sometimes boils down to more then just what you might think it is. That's where you got to be careful as I think Vampmare is trying to show. I can't give a method to deal with it. It just comes down to determining the nature of the incompetence. If you mistake incompetence with a verbal miscommunication and act as such, well, it reflects poorly and can just make the situation worse. Rule of thumb I typically use would be clarification first (typically a dumbed down order) and if the person still can't understand... then it might be best to view and treat it with a tougher manner.

Something that always helps in regards to how people perceive you is probably acknowledgement. Respect is good, but acknowledging you understand or hear someone giving a sitrep goes a long way to getting more sitreps and updates. Even just a "Copy" can work, but no response can easily lead to a misunderstanding that you don't hear or aren't paying attention. As I said, it's a mutual thing. It goes right back to the marines as well. If a SL for example isn't responding back to you and obeying when you issue a order directly to them, they might not be paying attention or could even be in active combat at that moment.

Simplified: repetition, acknowledgement and clarification. They're all pretty important. Avoid skipping them and just going ham on someone for whatever reason.

You'll be fine I'm sure. Just on a personal level, just got to work on drawing assumptions too fast and getting aggressive as a result. Nothing wrong with aggressiveness, just the speed at which you arrive at a conclusion and deal with it as such.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 01-08-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll probably reconsider not wanting to BE people when you realize how stupid they are sometimes. Accepted