User Tag List

Thread: Felix_S - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Felix_S - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Felix_S
    Character Name?
    Lauren 'Bishop' Hastings
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Smart Gunner
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    I do not remeber
    Total Ban Duration
    Forever I think so N/A
    Remaining Duration
    N/A
    What other servers do you play on?
    I only play on CM
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    It was the beginning of the round and I was playing SG like any other day. One of my squad mates (Might of been the only medic in my squad or the spec I don't really remember) got arrested for hooliganism by throwing a couple of flares around. I tried to reason with the MP to get him pardoned. But rightfully so the MP denied my request. I then got a lot more angry then I should have, So I hit the MP and got on top of the briefing room platform. In a form of protest I thought pretending to kill myself would be kind of funny. However for one reason or another the gun still went off even after I unequipped it and I died therefore costing the marines a very important role.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I want to preface this appeal by saying I do not expect to be forgiven for what I've done or try to prove that what I did was in the right even though it was clearly immature. I merely just ask for a second chance.

Originally I was quite mad after being banned believing that since it was an accident I was unrightfully banned. However after having a couple of weeks of reflection I have realized that the reason I got banned goes a lot deeper than that.

First off I should have never lost my cool on the MP. I got extremely tilted over a situation where I was completely in the wrong. I now understand that throwing flares and goofing off in the briefing room clearly falls under marine law as hooliganism. At the time I clearly neglected any semblance of reason and got unjustly angry. However after putting a few hours within roles such as MP and comprehensively reading up on marine law and the actual rules of the server I now realize my mistake in this aspect and will try not to make it in the future.

Secondly I should have never been trying to fake suicide in the first place. At the time I didn't realize the significance that losing an SG could have. One of the leading reasons to my aforementioned anger was that I thought if I died it was no biggie and that someone else would take my place. However after putting more hours into the game and asking my peers for help about mechanics I now know that once an important marine dies without SSD no one takes their place. Upon further reflection I realize how inexcusable my ignorance on this issue was and have begun to play the game a lot more carefully.

Thirdly is the very obvious breach of medium role play that this issue has. Although ignorance is clearly not an excuse, before playing CM I had actually never really understood the term role play and kind of brushed it aside and played this game like any other where you mindlessly shoot people and goof off every so often. I have since then got the guidance from mentors on what exactly role play is and what constitutes as LRP and MRP. I have also begun to implement RP into my game play and have found it enjoyable but that is beside the point.

Finally to conclude this appeal I want to reiterate that I do not expect to be forgiven for what I have done or that I am in any way justifying what I did. Neither am I saying that I will not ever make mistakes again. However now I am willing to improve and learn from the mistakes I have made. SG is my favorite role in the game and I really love the community and the game play of CM. I would like a second chance to show you that I can be a positive force in the CM community.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Notes for Felix_S:

Spoiler Spoiler:

No Jobbans were found on your account, are you sure that you were job banned?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i'm sure of it on the occupation preferences it says i'm banned from SG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix_S View Post
    The Link is broken. Also, you'll have to wait till a admin or above comes lift this since there is no notes.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason your notes are split into two parts. The rest is here.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.

Your appeal was assigned to me, and after discussion amongst the admin team we have decided to accept this appeal, and lift the jobban. Expect it to be lifted in an hour.

Resolved - Accepted.