Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Quit enforcing rp on xenos

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiChii View Post
    Wouldn't the logical thing be to ask for more stuff to role play about. I can already think of a few:

- An hour on the ship before deployment. Gives perfect time for relationship building, an actual briefing, boxing ring, etc.
    - Persistance. (There's no persistence so it's ground hogs day constantly)
    - An ability to teach the xenos in captivity how to speak your language so the researchers can actually speak to them / rp with them and they aren't just sitting afk in a cage or ghosting. This could lead to misinformation, relationship building, etc.
    - More time at the end of the round to actually have that memorial everyone goes on about.
    this is why we need to have a second server for "roleplayers". You literally don't know shit about the lore and then tell us we don't roleplay. Xenos don't "learn to speak other languages", xenos don't "learn about preds" every time xenos have ever run into predators the predators kill them.

then you suggest the game just be turned into a fucking chat room where we sit around for an hour and a half every round having breakfast and memorial.

We seriously need another server for people who want to make the GAME into a fucking roleplay chat room so the rest of us can play A GAME.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im gonna break down xeno roleplay for you. All of you who says xenos can roleplay and give examples are low rp as fuck.

Xenos are a hivemind like an ant colony. The queen produces pheromones and have a psychic link with all the other xenos to command them around. XENOS DO NOT TALK. THEY DONT HAVE LANGUAGE. THEY DO NOT SPEAK TO PREDS OR HUMANS. Hivemind in the game is just because we don't have a psychic link in real life so we have to communicate to play the game. IT IS ALLREADY OOC AS FUCK. The entire purpose of xenos is to assimilate other species to create more xenos. Thus the xeno goes out and finds suitable hosts like monkeys/farwas/humans to capture and impregnate. The other purpose of xenos is to protect the queen. Thus xenos kill things that threaten the hive and the queen like marines landing to kill them. YOU ARE LITERALLY HIGH ROLEPLAYING A XERO BY JUST CAPTURING SHIT AND KILLING THINGS. THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO BEING A XENO. XENOS ARE NOT SOCIAL CREATURES. YOU DONT HANG AROUND AND CHAT AND LEARN THINGS.

YOU ARE THE LRP ONES NOT US.

edit: this is also why the little kid talk is fucking stupid. because hivemind is pure OOC already. Its just a way to communicate with other players to play the game effectively. Speaking like a retard makes this communication harder and adds nothing to the game.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 12-11-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    YOU ARE LITERALLY HIGH ROLEPLAYING A XERO BY JUST CAPTURING SHIT AND KILLING THINGS. THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO BEING A XENO. XENOS ARE NOT SOCIAL CREATURES.
    I honestly agree with this, with two caveats: that if you want to add some flavour to it go ahead. Saying stuff like "You will burst soon" to nested marines doesn't break xeno character at all IMO, and if queen wants to have a bit of personality sure thing, let her.

When it comes to communicating ideas lore wise as a hivemind you can just pretend everything you see has been seen by all other xenos, you still need to actually describe it in game of course but that's why there's nothing wrong with just saying "tank with flamer at ETA". In the lore, as soon as one xeno sees something they've all seen it. You don't need to explain everything in detail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In xenospeak I like "tallhost", "smallhost" because it is creative and conveys some meaning that relates to how xenos are different from humans.

I dont like "turtle" because it's just tardspeak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourkhan View Post
    Imagine thinking "roleplaying" as a Xeno is even possible given that Xenos have nothing to roleplay about and are given the exact same scenario round after round.
    This is about marines being allowed to dab and spout memes without any kind of repercussion, while xenos get slapped with a jobban for saying "boomer", not a thread to leave snide remarks.

edit: My bad. I was under the assumption that I was looking at the start of the thread when I really was looking at 8th page. Thought clicking on the thread would redirect me to the 1st page.
    Last edited by kirex; 12-11-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is why we need to have a second server for "roleplayers". You literally don't know shit about the lore and then tell us we don't roleplay. Xenos don't "learn to speak other languages", xenos don't "learn about preds" every time xenos have ever run into predators the predators kill them.

then you suggest the game just be turned into a fucking chat room where we sit around for an hour and a half every round having breakfast and memorial.

We seriously need another server for people who want to make the GAME into a fucking roleplay chat room so the rest of us can play A GAME.
    I find it oddly ironic when you say xeno's don't do XYZ when they do XYZ in canon. If you would like just say the word and I'll start posting a long list of links to all behaviors that you say "xenos never do" that have been done in the AVP lore.

A short list for canon stuff that have happened:

- Xenos adapting and learning how to use various tools/technology.
    - Xenos helping humans kill some aliens.
    - Xenos understanding hostage situations.
    - Xenos working with predators.
    - A lot more.

I'm just being too lazy right now to actually go through and list all of them from the comics, movies, and short stories. But I actually went through and read the summary as well as a few of the comics, wiki, etc just so I know RP wise what they are capable of, and for this sort of discussion since it's hard to have a leg to stand on when you're spamming caps, name calling, without any sort of source or reference to back up what you're saying. But yeah. I suggest you brush up on your lore a bit more, and turn down the youthful rage a bit.

4. THE SAMARA STATION QUEEN
    The Samara Station Queen was an Alien Queen showing a high level of intelligence who resided on the Samara Station in the Aliens vs Predator: Deadliest of the Species comic book. One of the few Aliens to actually work together with humans and Predators, she furthered her own agenda to join them. She fought together with Ash Parnall and the Big Mama Predator against the evil computer program "TOY". In the end, she was impregnated by a facehugger, a rare occurrence in the Alien vs. Predator series. She died while taking one of TOY-s minions with her when the chestburster erupted.

*cough*

Source: https://www.avpcentral.com/top-10-alien-queens
    Big Mama: https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Big_Mama
    And here's the HUMAN that Big Mama trained/apprenticed: https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Caryn_Delacroix

Also includes an alien hive they (WY) where TEACHING to do their bidding as well, for the whole "they can't learn" comment.

Now that we got that out the way. Let me repeat myself, I do hate repeating myself~

Brush up on your lore.

Class is over, feel free to do your homework and come back to this discussion at a later time.

Also another footnote: A few means more than one.
    Last edited by ChiChii; 12-11-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiChii View Post
    snip
    adapting is not the same as learning. and I never said a queen cant interact or be intelligent. Dogs can learn to do tricks but are they really learning or are they just being conditioned to do something? When I say learning I mean like a human where you take your experience and apply it to other situations to make decisions. Monkeys can use tools, otters can use rocks to smash open clams, theres all sorts of examples of that. Show me where xeno picks up a m41 pulse rifle and figures out how to use it, then figures out to use it against the marines. That is learning. I literally said the xenos follow the queens orders through pheromones and psychic links. Show me the lore where aliens do any of that stuff that aren't "research" aliens being manipulated by humans in a laboratory.

You are the one that started name calling first "But this is something more on the lines of being a decent human being and just falling in line with what the server is listed as, which is medium RP." Literally implying we aren't decent human beings because we disagree with you on roleplay. Get the fuck outta here with your offended bs.

I put things in caps to emphasize them because people don't listen. But ya go ahead and call me a little kid that's raging cause you don't understand what im trying to explain to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    adapting is not the same as learning. and I never said a queen cant interact or be intelligent. Dogs can learn to do tricks but are they really learning or are they just being conditioned to do something? When I say learning I mean like a human where you take your experience and apply it to other situations to make decisions. Monkeys can use tools, otters can use rocks to smash open clams, theres all sorts of examples of that. Show me where xeno picks up a m41 pulse rifle and figures out how to use it, then figures out to use it against the marines. That is learning. I literally said the xenos follow the queens orders through pheromones and psychic links. Show me the lore where aliens do any of that stuff that aren't "research" aliens being manipulated by humans in a laboratory.

You are the one that started name calling first "But this is something more on the lines of being a decent human being and just falling in line with what the server is listed as, which is medium RP." Literally implying we aren't decent human beings because we disagree with you on roleplay. Get the fuck outta here with your offended bs.

I put things in caps to emphasize them because people don't listen. But ya go ahead and call me a little kid that's raging cause you don't understand what im trying to explain to you.
    What happened to "you don't know the lore?" Hm? Yeah...that's what I thought. The hive's intelligence in canon stems from the queen, if the queen can interact then the hive can interact...hello? Which means if the queen is hyper intelligent like the Samara Queen then that trickles down to the rest of the hive. The best example of this intelligence in action, that you would probably recognize:

Specimen Six (I went ahead and included the source for you.)

^ Her Queen was: The Matriarch (I went ahead and included the source for you.)

I don't think I need to explain how that all went down. But Spec Six used weapons and tools, she learned, she wasn't taught on how to use them. Therefore from that in other various AVP media we know that aliens learn, not just simply adapt. They understand concepts like sorrow, revenge, and contentment. (I can link these sources for you too if you want.) Which shows emotion, and advance mental response to stimuli. The fact that you're trying so hard to tell me I don't understand lore when I have to link you various sources to the specific things you say "aliens never do and cannot do" is tedious, and at this point I am getting exhausted of proving you wrong with every new link to the same darn source that houses almost all of the AVP information. If I can do this basic research before joining a RP SERVER, then everyone can. Ignorance is not an excuse since we have the power of the internet on our side.

Like heck, aliens even used a gas device to kill someone, and an elevator to reach their target with quick deduction on how to use it in the movies. Why is "is the hive intelligent" actually a conversation to be had with anyone that's seen even one alien or even an AVP movie.

But I will acknowledge RP must be very bland and boring if all you know is "they kill things," that I can give you. But now that you have this new sea of knowledge. Go forth and conquer?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like how we're talking about all of this while, by server rules, aliens aren't allowed to be anything but HOSTILE to living beings. That's the real crux here isn't it? Xeno in CM has been RPly gimped to the point where the only single thing they can do with a living being is either kill or capture them. Yet we're the ones that have the much stricter RP rules and stupid words like turtle, autospitter, longspitter; while humans, the side that was supposed to be MRP (yes, the MRP tag is for the human side; especially the shipside roles, not for xeno. Amazing, I know), can say literally everything they want and only a few of them will get punished.

Like seriously, look at this (names blacked out to avoid witch-hunting). Please tell me why some small "REEEE" or minor shitposting or reference from the xeno hivemind chat can be punished so much harder than this.

If we're gonna keep up the MRP bullshit, enforce it on BOTH sides. If not, drop the crap and let both xeno and marines have their fun and the ability to say whatever they want as long as it's not 18+

Also, you might not want to mention lore into this as we're 1 step away from having to discard the entire USMC and xenomorph to avoid legal actions from Disney. We're long gone from the lore, so don't bring it up. Hell we're also long gone from realism, but people want to argue about that still

Edited for clarity
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 12-11-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    ... Yet we're the ones that are forced to be all serious about it and use stupid words like turtle, autospitter, longspitter; while humans...
    Who FORCES you to use such terms and is it thread about it?