User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Metarushing discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    stuff like atmos was removed to help the game run better. SS13 servers don't have 200 people playing like CM does. It adds nothing to the game anyways. Who cares if 4 engineers have less to do now.
    Perfect example, 90% of the game is PVP-Watch-Me-360-NoScope-This-Beno, for the 10-15% of people who play for the roleplay it's a grind of trying to get some arr pee out of a game that sells itself as a roleplay experience but ultimately is about k/D ratio

So again, it seems rather counter intuitive that you would punish one of the teams for doing too well at the main act of the game simply to keep a veneer of "medium roleplay".

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    snip
    Nah its because yall don't know what roleplaying is. Roleplaying is acting like a marine would act and doing things a marine would do. That's literally high roleplay. Yall think sitting around and messing with atmos is roleplaying and it has nothing to do with roleplaying its just another feature in the game. That feature causes the game to lag and use resources that could be dedicated to other features like having a playerbase with 200 people at once.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nah its because yall don't know what roleplaying is. Roleplaying is acting like a marine would act and doing things a marine would do. That's literally high roleplay. Yall think sitting around and messing with atmos is roleplaying and it has nothing to do with roleplaying its just another feature in the game. That feature causes the game to lag and use resources that could be dedicated to other features like having a playerbase with 200 people at once.
    I have to agree with MasterShakeEZ. As atmospherics main on other servers I rarely talk to anyone, I just make my megaatmos machine and tell everyone how fast it processes the heat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah CM is definitely at least MRP for the simple fact that >90% of players do their actual job.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other gamemodes pals. Make them run themselfs (CLF/UPP/Zombies/Colony RP/Wendigos/etc) and then buff benos (but not in stats, or pure numbers) to achieve that wet dream of 75% winrate 1 out of 6 rounds. From variation comes RP. Then allow every tactic as ShakeZ said.
    Benos will be benos. You can't RP with them as human and you will be killed 90% of time as Synth. NO point in arguing, or forcing RP in beno rounds.
    Put bigger emphasis on Evac Shuttles during beno hijack rounds.

More comming up next.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, 75% of 'metarushes' that I have recently witnessed, mainly in November, have been xenos just being absolute garbages. On the other hand, marines have been ungaing more in recent days, according to second hand claims from fellow staff.

In conclusion, marines stop beefing your KD and xenos stop being whiny and bad

Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah its because yall don't know what roleplaying is. Roleplaying is acting like a marine would act and doing things a marine would do.
    Lmao that literally also never happens. What server have you been playing on ? because it certainly wasnt this one.

Also, no. Engineering was just one example.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean at this point, xenos know its coming and they constantly fail to stop it. It's almost like they are trying to lose

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akabinxstar View Post
    I mean at this point, xenos know its coming and they constantly fail to stop it. It's almost like they are trying to lose
    I mean think about what you just said. Xenos know its coming... and they cant stop it... So maybe the problem is with metarushing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there.

I play a lot of leadership rolls. Marines rush like absolute madmen. There is no meaningful leadership when the majority of your squad has run-off to follow Delta.

I have played Xeno some to see their perspective. A Hivelord dedicating all their time to defenses don't have much time to work, even if it's their main focus. By deployment, I could barely have weeded the caves and made a couple airlock-sort things (wall, doors, sticky resin). This was from dumping every ounce of plasma I had into it and high on recovery. Don't worry, though, our five spitters were bwoinked for melting Hydro - the commonly accepted FOB position - while marines are literally coining the term "Modrushes" for rounds with no admins present and going full-pelt into Lambda after ETA bore no fruit.

What happens when the Marines make it into the hive by 12:35? Wasted potential. I lose my spec roll, someone I respect as a player lost their SG role, the doctors had no use for that cryomix and the CL had nothing to fax. CIC had no influence on the round and now all the Xenomorphs are in hiding dragging the round out another half an hour.

Twenty minutes of prep time. It's necessary though rarely enjoyed.
    Seven minutes of action or so. People are padding their KD.
    Five minutes of a pathetic retreat directly to the hive.
    Thirty minutes of chasing down the last three drones, a marine bursting, the larva running off, the second queen evolving and trying to make a new hive, getting killed, the larva evolving into a queen, and then dying to three marines.

Shit's not satisfying for the majority of either side.