Your Character Name?
    Ceyella trap Meer
    Their BYOND Key
    Grimreaperx15
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    6:30PM
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Enforcement of the rules
    - Whenever a player receives a punishment they should know why and what they are being punished for.
    - Ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated before giving a ruling.
    - We are not a government repressing their citizens. Don't hassle players for literally everything.
    Description of the incident
    I was told by hunk1 i have to report grimreaper and not the person who actually broke several server rules.

So, basically, i broke into bravo prep for some attachies for myself and others, and a bravo marine saw and reported me to CMP. i told the CMP he couldn't arrest me on the words of a single squad marine,and he needed proof. so he harm batoned me into orange crit and KO. i managed to talk the CO into trial by combat, first to settle the charge of breaking in. in which a PFC offered to fill in for the SGT. i lost the fight to the PFC, then the CO said the matter was resolved. CMP immediately batonned me, then cuffed me. so i said i wanted to fight CMP, CMP said to the death? in which i said sure, the CMP, then proceeded to magdump and kill me while i was handcuffed.

wordlessly cuffing someone, then waiting for the slightest excuse to merk someone while their in cuffs is pretty fucking griefer, dont be a dick, MP rules, like...its wildly out of line to abuse your tools like that.HOWEVER, as the CO BE'd the CMP, it was ruled IC. and rule 0. i dont think its rule 0, for the following reasons.

Rule 0. Admins (not Mentors or Mods) retain the authority to ignore the enforcement of specific rules at their discretion when they feel it is in the best interest of the
    current round, - enforcement of the rules against CMP, would have no consequences effecting the current round, as the CMP was dead and everyone moved on.
    the server, - by not enforcing rules 2,3,4 & 15, to punish a CMP who thinks its ok to kill someone in cuffs, the admin has set a precedence, that CMPs can break rules, as long as its a event.
    Or the player base at large - Now that the CMP has received no punishment for clearly violating the server rules, a report has to be made, this hurts the playerbase, as now, events will receive pressure. i appreciate good fun events, and the event overall is fine. but rule 0ing this blatant scumbag, does not fit in the interest of the player base. The CMP should receive a note for violating several servers in a CMP powertrip.
    Evidence
    ~
    How you would punish the accused
    Grimrepeaer should have to go to, Kyungmi Song and note them for violations of rules 2,3,4 & 15, or allow a player report against this player to be lodged, to be investigated by staff. I can list in such report why i feel the player broke rules 2,3,4 & 15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disclosure - This was a Event round
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a ton to say here, except that the CMP was punished ICly and removed from the round for their actions. Did their actions violate the rules? Yes, I think so, but it was during an event round that changed a lot of the rules. The CMP was likely a bit unclear on what they could and couldn't do, as it was an event round, and made a poor choice. I don't feel like they required any OOC punishment as it was handled ICly, and, well, it's Christmas.

Obviously if the CMP behaves this way again in a normal round, it'll be dealt with.

Overall, the player who caused the issues was removed from the entire round, and you were out about 5-10 minutes while Medbay revived you. Again, if this had been a normal round, it would certainly have been handled OOCly, but it wasn't a normal round.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've read the logs, and I understand this was one of those out of this world events with a predator CO. I did tell the staff team for the Christmas holiday to be a little more easy with people unless it was outright rule breaks and griefing/shitlery. In this situation the CMP spoke with staff and this was a situation where the event RP caused a bit of a cluster fuck. The predator CO beheaded the CMP for being dishonorable, and even the CMP admits in the ahelps they didn't know what to do in regards to the event.

Grimreaper decided to use discretion in this matter because of the nature of the event. The CMP was removed from the round via beheading, and you were revived. If this was a normal round, by all means, I wouldn't expect an admin to Rule 0 a CMP for murdering another crew member. However, in this case, the admin decided to keep it ICly due to the event, and the CMP was spoken to with a verbal warning in lieu of a formal punishment.

Staff gave the CMP the benefit of the doubt on this one, and I don't see this as an abuse of power. This was a judgement call, and I'm not going to punish anyone for making a decision like this when it was not out of malice.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.