User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roundstart shenanigans

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roundstart shenanigans

As far as I can tell, the rule really only exist because of the previous state of delta where fights and MP lynching would take place, but stuff like that rarely happens anymore, and maybe it's because of the rule, or just because the people who were engaged in that kind of stuff got banned or left.

round start is usually the only point in a round where marines WILL be around all their friends and comrades, and sometimes depending on the nature of the relationship, things can end up being misinterpreted.

This is part of my opinion on the rule, personally don't like it, but post whhat you think

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It makes the start of the round a lot more boring. Doing stupid bullshit before you get into the actual game (And yes, fighting xenos on the ground is the actual game, before anyone says "muh shipside RP"), so goofing around is a nice period of time before that.

Plus, lynching MPs was always funny since you knew they'd do the same to anyone else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Muh shipside RP is part of the game for me?
    Who are you to deny that?

Be a fuck head to MPs because they are fuck heads to you? How about the MPs that aren't fuck heads? Making a valid arrest being fucked over? Let's allow roundstart shenanigans but also allow MPs to make unlawful actions without boink? Xenos will win cause infighting on marine side. Hell Duke it over for the BC's why not break everything down for parts remove req just lay all attaches on ground and weapons etc. All the almeyer should do is ob and drop supplies. Muh shipside RP.

Besides your shipside RP being a fuck head is valid but Muh shipside RP isn't?
    Last edited by Nichodemius; 12-27-2019 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah seeing the same idiots doing the same stupid shit at briefing over and over makes the round more fun
    "Wow dude do you remember when i stole the megaphone and started shouting stupid shit? It was so sick"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roundstart shenanigans at the worst of times mirrors EORG, which is something you can have on any of the other SS13 servers. It's nice CM doesn't allow EORG and round start tomfoolery should be no different (AKA not allowed).

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the problem is not that shenanigans arent allowed, its that we have roundstart. Remove roundstart. Set loadout in character creation and spawn us on the DS and lets go. Fuck 20 minutes of doing nothing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno if I want to agree with this or nah.

Considering the last time Mods tried to let round start shenanigans be resolved IC (Like last week) ended with Delta Mutinying at like 12:50 and basically no one deployed, also me loosing my spec round in general because I didn't get to do shit. I'd say kinda no.
    That was a rare exception I suppose though from Alois trying for what i'm almost certain was mutiny bait.

So I guess maybe? Sure? I dunno lol

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys i didnt get to beat up mps, throw eggs at the co, steal a BC from req and cause a fist fight wtf this server sux waahhhhhh
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss brawls, they were the only thing that actually gave me a reason not to alt tab and watch youtube videos for 15 minutes. On the other hand, messing with MPs got really stale and it's not fun to win all the time :^)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roundstart shenanigans still happen even if they're rarer than they once were, had a case a few weeks ago where Delta's SL came into Alpha's req and started punching people 4 no rasins.

I'm fine with the rule as it generally discourages LRP stuff like that which detract from the flow of the round.