Date of Incident
    December 28, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Brynjar Egilson

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Simonset55

Accused Character Name
    Unknown

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    20:39 GMT+0

What rule(s) were broken:
    Pred Honour Code Violation

Description of the incident:
    I late joined the round and immediately went to the front. After assisting in taking out the queen, I was heavily injured with a fracture to my head and chest. After this, I spent most of the remaining round bringing dead marines to medics that were in fortified areas near underground engineering, until I picked up a motion detector to comb the area for remaining xenos. At the south of the Underground, I picked up motion and went to investigate, as the last 3 motions I had picked up were corpses being dragged by marines. As I approached the detected motion, with my rifle in 1 hand and my MD in the other, I was immediately faced by a predator which attacked me with a glaive and immediately put me to the ground and rawr'd. My immediate response was surprise so I stood there and looked at it as it stood and faced me from 2 tiles away, I did nothing, but as I now had injuries again, I tried to use my auto injectors from my auto injector pouch, but as I tried to use my Oxy injector, Simonset55 pulled out his wrist blades and slashed me 3 times and put me back on the ground. Now on the verge of crit and a group of 5 other marines coming to investigate the sound of me being killed by this dishonorouble predator, I got up and point blanked it. It's immediate response was to slash me again and run off. Both my splints had come undone at this point and 3 of the marines chased after the Pred that attacked me while 2 tried to drag me. I had now entered near death as I was unable to fully use my auto injectors to self treat myself, so the marines tried to take me to safety, but 1 by 1 they were killed, until just I remained alive on the verge of death surrounded by 5 dead marines that tried to help me. Once the round had ended, Simonset55 came back and finished me off.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Map restarted as I started the report so I couldn't get any of the logs but I'm sure they will back up my description of the incident.

How you would punish the accused:
    Down to the council.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My health HUD showed that you had full health, so I didn't know you were wounded. That's all I can say really.

EDIT: After reading through whatever this report is more carefully, what part of the code did I even break?
    Last edited by Simonset55; 12-28-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should have checked me for splints. The Honour code clearly states that marines with splints are unhuntable. This was my first interaction with preds in the round and it was unprovoked.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will pull logs
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I had just come from a fight with marines, I didn't think about checking for splints when I could see that your health HUD said you were totally fine. I thought you were searching for me so I saw fit to kill you.

Proof below

Proof.jpg
    Last edited by Simonset55; 12-28-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonset55 View Post
    My health HUD showed that you had full health, so I didn't know you were wounded. That's all I can say really.

EDIT: After reading through whatever this report is more carefully, what part of the code did I even break?
    "

Unhuntables - Humans or Xenos, that by circumstance or duty, are unable to be hunted. Unhuntables include one of the following:

Humans or Xenos that are debilitatingly wounded - This includes heavy, non-permanent damage such as missing limbs, fractures, or internal damage."

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs of Viperious getting treatement from a medic beforehand:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Encounter:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Admins PMs:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we have all the evidence we need so i'm sure the council can get to work, not including me since I am involved of course.

I have already said why I attacked you, I had just arrived from a fight with some other marines, I then see some alpha with his gun out and with full health so I decide to attack him. The only real way I could have known you had fractures would be to shift click you and see if you were splinted. As you can hear it would be kinda autistic for every pred to have to run around and shift click anyone they want to fight. There is also the fact that if you're splinted, you're basically in top fighting condition again, but the code does say if they have fractures they're unhuntable blah blah.

I do find it funny how you were searching around for xenos in a "wounded" state and were ready to face them, but since you got killed by a predator you can have your petty revenge for your death since he technically broke the honour code, despite you being 100% able to fight. I am unsure as to how the council will handle this report, but you have made it clear that there is a need for further clarification about whether or not a splinted individual who shows 100% on the health HUD is huntable or not. I could have shift clicked you to see this, yes. But it did not cross my mind at all considering how I had just engaged a couple of marines, and you come walking along with a gun out ready to fight.

Could be a good way to meta the honour code now that I think about it, walk around splinted to get close, then gat a pred down if they don't do anything. If they do happen to do anything, you can report them. Oh well, council will be looking at this shortly i'm sure.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One solution would be for a med hud to indicate if someone is splinted. Also the honour code states organ damage makes someone unhuntable but there is no way to know if someone is pumped full of drugs to counter that from an external observation. Regarding my state to fight, I was one hand holding a rifle, so when I turned the corner I was not in an immediate state to fight, you engaged me before I had even wielded my weapon. Additionally, you Could see me coming, but you decided to ambush me. When you did attack, I didn't respond. I tried to give you time to check me for splints and to show I was unhuntablf, but once I started using my injectors, you decided to go all out with your wrist blades. Also if you wished to initiate an honour duel, you should have provided me with a melee weapon as one hand holding an m41a does not indicate I am equipped to duel, but since you waited for me to become dishonourable by using auto injectors after you initiated, I can only assume you were treating it like a duel.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add on, the health hud can show 100% even when a limb is missing. All that represents is damage value and isn't an excuse. From what I've been told, other preds DO shift click marines they intend to fight unprovoked because it's your responsibility to uphold the honour code, especially as a council member.