User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invading "Humanoids"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Invading "Humanoids"

i had observed UPP synth massacre couple days ago and had a chance to join CFL today... noticed one completely backwards "mechanic". they ALL receive ALL access to Almayer. WHY and HOW?! where have you ever seen invaders have more access then "residents"? why is "defenders advantage" has turned into "defenders disadvantage"? it turns "defend the Almayer" into "survive the Almayer"... any event invader can simply rush through all the restricted areas that marines have to work around... they should have ZERO access, not even a damn toiled allowed to use! have you ever seen customer in a bank have free access to vault but security guard has to go through all the loops? a prison where guard has to go through all the procedures but any hobo can just stroll around?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answer is simple: Laziness. It's easier to give them All Access, than to let players fiddle around hacking, or shooting doors. I bet that EMag card was removed from code long ago and eventmins have 0 ways to be sure that something happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What CABAL said, I think their only real option is to kill shipside power which allows AA for anyone with a crowbar and tools, but that also kills all the machines on the ship like medbay, so it's a better solution just to give UPP all access.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moja View Post
    What CABAL said, I think their only real option is to kill shipside power which allows AA for anyone with a crowbar and tools, but that also kills all the machines on the ship like medbay, so it's a better solution just to give UPP all access.
    You could also just give them a few toolbelts and engineering skills.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crowbar in bag gives upp the Xenos pry open ability?
    No mess with power, has a duration so it is not instant escape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    You could also just give them a few toolbelts and engineering skills.
    I’m not even sure most the base knows about safeties let alone hacking a door...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like 1 player in 10 who play CM actually know hacking.
    Fewer still probably know how to do it properly (Wire resetting, stealth bolting, things like that.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when hacking and signalers made for perfect traps for the unprepared xeno, but now there's no real point to hacking anyways. Unless it was stealthily changed while I wasn't looking, all the wires should be the same now.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoonki View Post
    Like 1 player in 10 who play CM actually know hacking.
    Fewer still probably know how to do it properly (Wire resetting, stealth bolting, things like that.)
    This is the real reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if it's always been like this? I'm pretty sure back in 2015 or so they didn't have all access and had to crowbar, destroy, and hack doors while disabling power too. My memory is pretty vague when it comes to CM that far back, but I remember playing as an Iron Bear (if anyone else remembers that UPP used to basically be them) and having to do all that. Also wish the Iron Bears were still an ERT, still more badass than UPP.