User Tag List

View Poll Results: Feedback on Today's Test Round

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • All for the! Merdonalds 2.0 here we come!

20 45.45%
  • I like some parts/Indifferent. (Feel free to elaborate)

11 25.00%
  • No, give me back my space vietnam!

13 29.55%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Today's Test Round

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R61425 View Post
    If you played today's test round and experienced all the goofy, not even remotely lore friendly changes Vampmare and Cakey intend to add to CM, then I would like to see your feedback on the matter.
    And if people had fun with this, what should they do?

Your first post is not neutral and neither are voting options

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't this deadass promoting even more stalemates, cancerous FOB sieges and delays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming in hot, It's hard for me to properly transfer emotions about this test. If I sound dickish, please don't be mad.
    Right, Liked some parts, but whole Idea that USCM is gonna deploy anywhere without supply of crystals (for a drop, FOB and Operation) is very questionable.
    Yes, lets deploy on planet X after we fought xenos without our ?only? power-source for our defenses and use mine-craft to transfer energy rich substance to the power-generators. It feels like it's a mobile game to be fair.
    Maybe crystals should not power generators directly? Maybe marines need to haul them to Almayer and drop them down the REQ for extra points. Points which they can use to order Phoron or Powercells? Maybe then it will be at least believable. Also I don't know how crystals tie up with our ship-side power. We got seemingly infinity power-source on Almayer, but we need some unknown mineral to power what constitutes to proximity sensor tied to dynamic with light bulb IRL. Okay.
    New barricades- they are great.
    Mini Engineer with M56d locked - got cons and pros.
    From RP standpoint I'm very negative.
    Gameplay - mixed, but I don't feel that mechanics are deep.
    OOC- longer rounds. No, thank you.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C... CR... CRYSTALS? COMMAND AND CONQUER HERE WE GO!
    NEW CONSTRUCTION OPTIONS!

Harvesters maybe? Why not? Tiberium is the answer. The Crystal finds all.
    I'm really happy about it if it will go more trough this way. With making CO a real Commander, kinda like RTS, but with units with their own mind.

Do it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evolve or die.

Things can only improve.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds amazing, I'm sorry that I missed the test round. Hoping there will be a new test round soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    already told Vamp about my impressions , but whatever

new engi gadgets - good. Not sayin they're balanced or anything, just happy to see new content for engies. However, due to generator's range being 5x5, it was so hard to move around behind cades due to generators n sentries being all over the place. At the same time i don't like how you can't just bring comrade sentry to the front anymore.

generators n crystals - bad. Buffs to generators and other improvements are on their way, but so far gatherin crystals and managing generators feels like CBT. Don't like the idea of sentries and other buildables only working around a generator. Would rather have crystals used for req or new MT explosives that are being developed ATM.

no minisentries - cringe

cades - mixed bag. Sandbags having 5 step construction process is aids. Metal cades upgrade system is weird, it feels like no matter which option you pick you'll be at a disadvantage, due to how many xenos mostly do brute and how RETARDED STRONG spitter's DoT is at the moment. Also fire extinguishers need a buff.

Overall, i feel like crystals should be used for something else. For xenos its like "Get crystals - build a goodie", while on marine side its more like "Mine that crack or none of your stuff will work, idiot". Not very rewarding.
    The whole generator idea may also lead to lowpop being CBT where you end up without crystals as a marine because you got no people to dig em or if they spawn in a bad spot.

Also instead of just dealing with 11 other retards as engi, you now have to deal with an entire platoon of retards toggling generators on and off and a gang of miniengies doing their own minecraft creative mode shit.
    Last edited by IMMASPACENINJA; 01-26-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MRP is dead boys we're a TDM server now!!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can these tests be done in a better timezone please

or at least assign a "TEST DAY" aka a day where its just tests for the new gamemode(?) and then there is no more testing after that day

didn't even get to see any of the cool stuff cause i joined in really late as it was a super early morning test

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't speak on the test because the round itself was absolutely horrible. Only one fog gap and the tank died and plugged it up, leaving around 80 players (marines & xenos) to contest and shuffle around a 2-tile wide hole.