0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laa???????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THe problem is when a lot of ppl start firing and when xeno you got hit by a bullet there is when the screen freeze. any help devs? can I stop the red splash in screen when you got hitted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's likely not linked to any visual issues like the red splash around the screen. The fact of the matter is more likely this: Your system is only barely powerful enough to run the BYOND engine effectively and when it's required to perform a 'task' (read: calculation) that ranks only slightly above 'nothing' it has hangups and issues performing those 'tasks' and your screen freezes until it can 'catch up' and provide a correct 'update' of where everyone/thing is and what's happening to them.

Since I'm going to guess that upgrading your system is out of the question, your next best bet is to close any unnecessary background programs that might be taking up too much of your system's real estate (ie Browsers, Origin, steam, discord, itunes, spotify, teamspeak, etc.), ensure proper ventilation of your system, and try to run BYOND at a lower window resolution. I'd really focus on the 'closing background programs' thing, though, as browers are especially gluttonous on the memory-end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try turning off the Hit Messages and Fire Messages in your preference tab.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjax View Post
    THe problem is when a lot of ppl start firing and when xeno you got hit by a bullet there is when the screen freeze. any help devs? can I stop the red splash in screen when you got hitted?
    When you are hit by bullets your screen freezes based on your font size.

You can test this easily, max out your font size and get shot at be a submachine gun, you will be frozen for 5-10 seconds.

If you minimse the font size, you will not take any freeze at all from being shot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    What are your specs, I found playing SS13 on anything worse than most i3's was usually not playable
    Grenadier spec mostly

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saytkl77 View Post
    When you are hit by bullets your screen freezes based on your font size.

You can test this easily, max out your font size and get shot at be a submachine gun, you will be frozen for 5-10 seconds.

If you minimse the font size, you will not take any freeze at all from being shot.
    As ridiculous as that sounds, I still went ahead and tested it. Font size has nothing to do with lag and is not responsible for screen freezing.