Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Marine gameplay feeling stale and unrewarding

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LeTs RemOvE hUgE chUnKs oF gaME

Yes, we did it in the past and it worked. Vehicle combat doesn't contribute anything to cm other than frustration.It should have been removed after april fools.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tfw the only way to have fun is by brawling against metacomming lurkers and runners

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Inside Me View Post
    ...metacomming lurkers and runners
    Sidenote, that's something I've been wondering about a little. Is there metacomming going on? I haven't seen any indications of it in the marines, but xenos I'm not sure because I don't play as one.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xenofood View Post
    Sidenote, that's something I've been wondering about a little. Is there metacomming going on? I haven't seen any indications of it in the marines, but xenos I'm not sure because I don't play as one.
    There’s probably always some fuckers meta coming somewhere, but as someone who plays queen fairly regularly I’m not really seeing much indication of it. A good lurker gang doesn’t need to meta com in order to pick up lone marines, they just need to be a little robust and not pounce at the exact same moment. Assuming there’s no solid FOB with fortified supply lines, but that never happens outside LV.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Scrap the raw muscle of a tank in favour for support apc that are able to FUFILL their roles.
    - In exchange, give minor buffs to marine guns that is not boomstick.
    - Just, make vehicles work around footsoldiers by limiting what APC can do on it's own (if not enough dakka, add non rotatable StuG assault gun for authentic Barbarossa experience)
    - Adjust how weed healing works to give infantry fighting chance attrition wise, though I can't speak for xeno side.

Ofc it won't matter when crewmen decide to unga without infantry like it's Kursk.
    Last edited by LuckyX1; 03-03-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I’m new to the game, just a few months of playtime, and even newer to the forums.
    I don’t have the experience of playing the old ways, just the head scratching that comes with watching old vids that don’t describe the current state of play at all. (Lockers)
    So, toast away at these ideas, especially if it’s too presumptuous of me, or has a high chance of causing brains of the coders to explode:

First idea: Along the lines of what DefinitelyAlone0309 recommended, but instead of vehicles on the ground (or in addition to) give the marines a small fleet of 1x1 motorcycles, 1x2 motorcycle with side car, and 2x2 vehicles, which could be set up like army jeeps, as either driver + passenger + rear gunner (thinking like the emplaced engineer gun) OR as driver + 3x passenger. This means more than 2 vehicle crew. (And probably countless collisions, I know) But, either SL or Command would have to authorize the points for them, or straight up authorize the vehicles. People get to drive the tiny vehicles to train their skills. Then maybe unlock a better APC at lower DEFCON, say 3.

Second idea: Keep the APCs less than stellar stats. But give one to each squad, and make them all a combo of the three types. They have an overwatch console and medical bed/surgery tray on one side, and seats on the other. Make the big weapon up top/rear have a long windup before firing but make it able to blow down walls with one shot (high miss chance against Xenos) and maybe something like a loud horn to stun T1s and T2s that close to melee. (Revenge for queen screeches) This also means that there’s 8 vehicle crew, so more chances for crew training, and if one crew is utter garbage, you haven’t instantly lost the OP. This also provides a rally point for marines.

Anywho, those are just a few ideas. Take with a grain of salt, or with the entire bag if just the thought makes you hate having to put up with another upstart full of psycho fixes.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xenofood View Post
    yes, on both sides.

People that deny it are either stupid or involved. Don't trust them

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *arbitrary comment that since benos have hivemind, they should be allowed to metacomm*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    *arbitrary comment that since benos have hivemind, they should be allowed to metacomm*
    "And marines have headsets and helmet mounted cameras, if they're in the same squad they can meta comm too"
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allakai View Post
    "and marines have headsets and helmet mounted cameras, if they're in the same squad they can meta comm too"
    user was banned for this post