Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Whitelist

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    This is factually incorrect on every account, as there were a number of xeno players complaining about permanesting in addition to plenty of marine players saying it was a shitty idea. It was a universally disliked idea with a huge impact that the community as a whole rejected, but were all ignored by devs.
    Ehh pretty sure most of us Xeno mains are glad we don't have to guard the nests anymore.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan
    Or simply forbid the concept of enforcing unwritten rules?
    As much as I wanted this there are some things that we can’t just write down, because players figure things that cause issues to others.

Prime example was COs who were stealing the Fax machine so the CMP could not sent a HC message about the CO breaking marine law, etc...
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not a small number of people. This is more than enough to represent enough of the playerbase, and the several polls done in-game were similar in result to this one.

And this is just one example, of course, and it has the right decision too.

Posting an example of a poll doesn't really prove anything, I don't get your point. Yes, sometimes polls result in the "correct" option, but ultimately popular opinion isn't an argument - it's just popular opinion. Also, relative to the amount of players CM gets in a week, just over 100 players is incredibly small.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is factually incorrect on every account, as there were a number of xeno players complaining about permanesting in addition to plenty of marine players saying it was a shitty idea. It was a universally disliked idea with a huge impact that the community as a whole rejected, but were all ignored by devs.
    They disliked the changes that came with perma nesting, perma nesting just means your captures arent going to nade themselves if you look away for 5 seconds. The guy that is nested is 95% time dead with no way out this just made capturing useful. Though the carrier nerfs make the carrier somewhat bad but that a whole discussion.

Basically whitelist vote is meant to gauge public interest and just see what people are thinking. No devs wont listen to it totally but they at least will have some feedback on it.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    As much as I wanted this there are some things that we can’t just write down, because players figure things that cause issues to others.

Prime example was COs who were stealing the Fax machine so the CMP could not sent a HC message about the CO breaking marine law, etc...
    Prime example of how whitelisting process failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post

This is honestly one of the things I'm actually concerned about. My opposition to the idea that mods can fix something in ten minutes mostly lies down to documentation of what constitutions as a rule break, I don't want a situation that has punishments based around who was moderating at the time. If there was a change to how Lax mods had to be (to stop trigger happy mods from trying to sort things), or a better set of guidelines then I wouldn't mind the ability for mods to get a little more proactive with blatant attempts to fuck people over like that. But I'm still opposed to the complete removal of whitelists solely because it will just bring a bunch of problems with players being ridiculously toxic / dumb / rule lawyery and the likes. The fact that most mods don't even touch marine law most days, (marine law is shit mind), due to how much you can bend it and twist it into balloon animals. God forbid preds and their honour code, at least synths are easy with how they've lost just about all of the freedom they once had due to the council ruling that synths have to be mindless NPCs.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

I really think that this thread, on the whole, should just have people agree to disagree until people start proposing some serious ideas that are clearly drawn up. Then they can start debating the idea that was drawn up rather than dragging out a shit sling or devolving something to a level of off topic that I generally think mods should be a little more active in curtailing (not deleting but rather keeping the topic on track). There are problems with the current system and how people manage to use carrier pigeons to get things done, until we have some ideas surrounding this I don't think continued discussion will achieve anything.

For an idea, I'll just use what a mentioned before
    Spoiler Spoiler:

To follow up with the problems with removing the need to report it and letting admins alone deal with it I'll just refer to my reply to Don
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Are there issues with my ideas and counterpoints? sure maybe, but not many people are willing to counter it in detail or come up with some other concepts that might fill the gaps. My personal opinion is that whitelists are shit but they serve a purpose to make sure the worst doesn't grab the reins, I've even said that queens should be on a soft whitelist in the past, meaning that good queen players are more likely, (not guaranteed mind), to role queen in a round so that xenos at least get someone who knows what they are doing in one of the most important spots of the hive.

How white lists and councils are handled right now is autistic and generally detrimental in that Devs are pestered by a player's personal request for a white listed role that adds fuck all most of the time. It's wrong and shows some retarded level of entitlement that I know has burned devs / spriters out already. Admins who can't actually moderate the most blatant rule breaks because of some godforsaken reason that I'm probably going to start DM'ing mods about just so I can work out where the hell it went wrong. We went from tyrant king Feweh to a system that has weeks of carrier pigeons being sent just to make a ruling.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Anyway this might as well be the last post on the topic I'm going to make just because people will use this to sling shit or actively avoid the points at hand and cherry pick something. It might as well be talking into the void but oh well, not my department. I actually feel sorry for some of the good devs and admins that go the extra mile at times.
    Last edited by Mann handle; 02-15-2020 at 07:18 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...2853CD33_1.png

Yes, Let me just make a system that will irritate them more, They'll get unbanned after a mod bans them. And we'll be back on the train of "Down with the Councils!"

Also spooky you are clowning, you got your pred whitelist removed as a Head Dev. Why would any of us take your opinions for value on things regarding whitelists?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bancrose; 02-16-2020 at 01:49 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...2853CD33_1.png

Yes, Let me just make a system that will irritate them more, They'll get unbanned after a mod bans them. And we'll be back on the train of "Down with the Councils!"

Also spooky you are clowning, you got your pred whitelist removed as a Head Dev. Why would any of us take your opinions for value on things regarding whitelists?
    This was a year and a half or so ago, but two mods playing CO and CMP banned shotguns for an entire round and caused an absolute mess, but I don't recall the mod losing his whitelist over that OR the CMP getting reprimanded for it.

What exactly is the point you're making, I genuinely don't get it. I say this as someone who is indifferent on the whitelists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only xenos complaining about permanesting are the ones that want to sit in the hive and chit chat on discord the entire round.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was a year and a half or so ago, but two mods playing CO and CMP banned shotguns for an entire round and caused an absolute mess, but I don't recall the mod losing his whitelist over that OR the CMP getting reprimanded for it.

What exactly is the point you're making, I genuinely don't get it. I say this as someone who is indifferent on the whitelists.
    If it was my choice, they woulda lost their whitelists but I wasn't able to. The context there is what is key, the difference being that one banned shotguns which got reverted in round and the other griefing someone with admin powers who couldn't be punished in that round.