In the flesh.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    Hollup is that Feweh?
    @Fewher
    He's come to usurp the false pretenders and take his rightful place as Fuhrer Der CM
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    The person who made the post said it was made as a joke.
    Is this MRP?

I'm genuinely curious, since I'm not sure I can fully grasp what is and what isn't MRP here. I only have experience playing on HRP servers.

p.s. edited image link since first image was unreadable. Don't click the uploaded file, click the link.

https://i.imgur.com/RgJ9tzg.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mandalore66; 02-19-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandalore66 View Post
    Is this MRP?

I'm genuinely curious, since I'm not sure I can fully grasp what is and what isn't MRP here. I only have experience playing on HRP servers.

CO RP.jpg
    Can't even read it because it's so small.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Can't even read it because it's so small.
    I fixed it - added an imgur link

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I don't think people expect roleplay while fighting xenos and stuff, but moreso shipside roles where you have a CO naked, wearing a paperhat, and spewing memes and shitposting with the tablet.
    I can't recall the last time I have seen something like that. The worst I see COs do is high effort shitposting like what Dinkle does.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    This quote actually highlights where the main rift is. It's not MRP-HRP vs NoRP-LRP, but between people who want the game to be forgiving, so they can just join, unga, kill 90 xenos then feel like a hero, and people who actually enjoy the brutality of it.
    Incorrect, I enjoy the brutal nature of the combat, but I have accepted that you cannot roleplay due to the brutality of the combat. So I roleplay as an expendable retard.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you wanted to roleplay you could and there were specific positions exactly for roleplaying (MT, CO, WL, MPs) but if you wanted to just kill shit and never talk you arguably could as a Marine or Xenos.
    I think I just don't understand why there's a notion of conflict between the LRP and HRP people. If you're one of the ungas, the only RP interaction you're having is during the briefing which you can pretty much ignore and if you decide to be a shitter and punch the CO, fight MPs, whatever and then ahelp "why did I get arrested for 30 minutes, this is antifun!!!111". On the HRP side it's more understandble, since the concern is that memeing by the command staff undercuts the marine discipline, which is already lacking. Then on the ground some marines go "fuck the command, caves, unga unga unga", but now the game punishes this even more and I think people would adapt to it.

We're roleplaying a military structure, and there's a reason why such structures are used by the real life militaries and that's because they just work. And the role of xeno is being that strong antagonist, that can only be defeated by a working military organization and not a rabble.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    I think I just don't understand why there's a notion of conflict between the LRP and HRP people.(snip)
    I agree, this is a very good post. I believe that both staff and MPs should enforce strict discipline.
    A fight breaking out here and there is fine, this happens too, but it has to have IC or OOC consequences if it goes too bad and ugly.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandalore66 View Post
    I fixed it - added an imgur link
    First and second seem fine, third is questionable but being sent out in an evac pod with no clear destination borders on a death sentence either way.