7 7.22%
  • Too many maps / maps difficult to learn

0 0%
  • Too few maps / maps too simple

2 2.06%
  • Server population too high / too low

8 8.25%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the most pressing issue with Colonial Marines in your opinion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    entitled shitheads who think they ever had a choice at all.

Low dmg? Grow up.
    FF? Get gud
    Low Individual impact? Get gud and grow up
    One-hit mechanics? Not prevalent and not really an issue even where they do exist. Also, Git gud.
    Overmoderation? Probably.
    Undermoderation? Nah.
    Lag? This needs to be fixed.
    Too Many Maps? We need MORE! And NIGHTMARE!
    Too Few Maps? See above.
    Server Population/Separate Servers? more the better, optimize more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shipside roles outside of medical, req and CIC basically having fuckall to do besides watching youtube

MPs basically exist at this point to arrest shitters who arguably should be ahelped half the time and to flashbang everyone during the Almayer siege

If you're forced to be the Alamo pilot you may as well just play something else and alt-tab in to press launch every 5 minutes

Stun combat, both marine and xeno stuns

The fact that only shotguns have any actual effect on xenos but also can one shot T1s

Seriously fuck being the transport pilot.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing matters if the lag is ungodly, the big maps with lots of clutter dont help

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    So you're telling me you prefer the laggy maps that make rounds last roughly 4 hours of painful chokepoint holds?

The reason I and most other players prefer small maps is simple. They encourage shorter rounds and shorter rounds mean less lag. It also gives ambush caste players less opportunities to pick off marines, which is a good thing because it takes basically 0 skill to play ambush castes (except runner)
    Yeah I really like CORSAT but it does get laggy if the round goes on too long, thankfully the map itself is well designed so you can flank chokes.
    I'd say the chokepoint-centric map design is the #1 problem, since it lets rounds go on long enough to the point that it will start lagging like hell.
    Boilers being OP is one of the main other issues as a result of the map design.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grenade and Shotty stunlocks are a broken and farcical OP mechanic that is a "I win" button for Marines. Xeno's have no direct counter to this, and if you add in other mechanics, such as vehicles, endless supplies of grenades and ammo, and a very long list of ranged weaponry that deploy powerful damage, it's heartbreakingly painful to play Xeno these days.

My suggestions are to heavily increase the time to which Marines are stunned from acid sprays, make the boiler gas instant damage so the Marines can't run out of it, bring back infections, husking and RNG decaps so the Marine's aren't so gunho to throw their lives away. Marines know they can be revived a short time afterwards with few major issues to hinder them.

The massive imbalance that has favoured the Marines for the past year+ is the second greatest issue in the game atm, right after the lag issues.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    snip
    > Marine Stunlocks are bad
    > Add longer beno stunlocks
    > Profit?

What about balancing the stun by removing it from both sides, instead of giving more of it to the opposite side?

Make HEDP/Explosions to give benos massive Shell Shock (slower move speed, foggy vision and unable to use any ability) instead of stun.
    Instead of Stun from buckshot and slug, introduce slowdown in their place while keeping knockback.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    snip
    Rob you just became one of my favorite admins. Im glad someone thinks the game used to be more fun when it was more hardcore and punishing.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Rob you just became one of my favorite admins. Im glad someone thinks the game used to be more fun when it was more hardcore and punishing.
    The hardcore features are what got me in to the game in the first place.

Bay and BoH are other servers I play on as well due to their complex and unforgiving mechanics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    So you're telling me you prefer the laggy maps that make rounds last roughly 4 hours of painful chokepoint holds?

The reason I and most other players prefer small maps is simple. They encourage shorter rounds and shorter rounds mean less lag. It also gives ambush caste players less opportunities to pick off marines, which is a good thing because it takes basically 0 skill to play ambush castes (except runner)

So as soon as they solve the lag issue (lets imagine its possible on BYOND) you're gonna start voting for anything other than LV?

Quote Originally Posted by mat13295 View Post
    Shipside roles outside of medical, req and CIC basically having fuckall to do besides watching youtube

MPs basically exist at this point to arrest shitters who arguably should be ahelped half the time and to flashbang everyone during the Almayer siege

If you're forced to be the Alamo pilot you may as well just play something else and alt-tab in to press launch every 5 minutes.
    Ugh and what exactly do you think should MPs and pilots be doing? Can you think of interesting things for them to do that are implemented on other servers?

They got lots to do, it's just that its mostly support work that YOU PERSONALLY don't wanna do because its boring to you. You wanna go shoot monsters. Play PFC then?

Pilots can:
    - Drag bodies to medbay
    - Make sure all bodies/wounded on LZ are loaded onto the ship
    - Make sure ammo and supplies are taken to LZ and not left inside the ship
    - Clean the ship
    - Help critical patients on the ship who are about to die

MPs can:
    - Do MT's work and clean up trash, blood and vomit
    - Help drag bodies to the morgue/containment
    - Actually start doing their job for once, deploy planetside and arrest people instead of not giving a fuck

It's all boring work but it's work that has to be done by someone. For example, by PO and MP respectively. Someone gotta do it. Hell, people play janitor on regular SS13. How boring that must be! But they do it!
    Last edited by mandalore66; 03-02-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandalore66 View Post
    So as soon as they solve the lag issue (lets imagine its possible on BYOND) you're gonna start voting for anything other than LV?
    Sure, but as it is fuck that noise lmao
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome