User Tag List

Thread: Ceyella - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ceyella

Ceyella - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Ceyellla
    Character Name?
    Ceyella of some variant
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    CT/RO
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Forest/Dubs direction
    Total Ban Duration
    perma
    Remaining Duration
    perma
    What other servers do you play on?
    discordia for the maint diving action
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Aurora station
    Baystation
    Paradise
    Bee
    BOH
    Reason for Ban
    Player was warned for frontlining as a Researcher with a flamethrower.
    by on Thu, January 2nd of 2020

Deployed to the frontline and abandoned their job as CT despite being told not to do so by myself prior. As this is not their first offence of deploying on the frontline as a role they shouldn't, in this day alone, a jobban has been applied.
    by on Thu, January 2nd of 2020
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    during an event round, i as RSR went to get a special xeno egg from a "shop" predators were running, and on the way there got attacked by xenos and flamered one to death, and got in trouble from a mod to go back to ship, later in the day as CT, i worked as a CT until after CT rush and we had 4 CTs doing nothing, so went to CO and asked if i could deploy as PFC, the CO, cottier, said ok and gave my ID all access and sent me on my way with a tac shotty, however as having a tac shotty is power gaming i ditched it in research and went down with standard gear. Forest tried to PM me to tell me to not go down there, but due to a active goonchat test, i did not get his PMs.

The catch 22 is, if i had gotten his PM, i would have not deployed and just cryoed and gone xeno or something, but since i didnt get his PM i did break the rule. but when i talked to forest about this later, the main ban reason was beacause it looked like i just flat ignored a admin telling me no. i will attach out discord conversation, which i feel is worth reading over, even if tedious for the admin who gets assigned this, as we talked over everything in great detailed and worked through the ban and situation, as well as accompanying server rules.

I got Jbanned over chat breaking, because if chat was working, i would not have broken the rule i would have remained. i thought going to CIC talking to CO and RPing out being given permssion to deploy was enough to justify going to deploy. At the time i was mentor, and warned just a few days prior by Thesoldier, that i was on thin ice, and needed to get it together. (more or less) i was not trying to just up and decide, rules are worthless and i will do what i want! I was just a CT, bored, sitting in req staring at walls. we've all been there, i went to CO, and asked to deploy. CO deploys ,MT/CE/SO/XO/RSR/DOC and everyone under the sun regularly, and freely with a purpose, and it is allowed. I felt, and still feel, asking a CO to execute an action, and the CO agreeing to it, should not result in a job ban. which i THINK is what forest feels, as he attempted to simply recall me to alamyer. i did get his permssion to post the logs, and when i do, he may provide his input on the situation.

This ban, while justified per rules,should be appealed due the situation and circumstances surrounding the whole thing. A frustrating mess of broken game chat, and a CO freely agreeing to letting me take actions that are commonly acceptable among the community.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assigned for admin review
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Ceyella
    I'd like to note i have a pending administrative request to amend/alter the last note there per this staff report.

//showthrea...hlight=Ceyella

Banned |Duration: 1440 minutes|Reason: Rule 3, lying in ahelps - Went out of ther way to repeatedly break into req and punch the hell out of a CT 3 times, one of which was even mid-hijack. | Sun, January 12th of 2020

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note edited to reflect.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've discussed it with my fellow admins. You play a lot, and make strides to follow the rules, but always seem to get into a oopsie here and there. However as you've gone 30 days without notes I will be lifting the Cargo Technician ban for now. You can apply down the road for RO if you keep your nose clean in the future.

Should be lifted within 24 hours.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lifted.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke