User Tag List

Thread: Gav1002 - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gav1002 - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    gav1002
    Character Name?
    Jaden “jay” ironmonger
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    MP/CMP
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Unknown
    Total Ban Duration
    Perm
    Remaining Duration
    Perm
    What other servers do you play on?
    Yogstation
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    None
    Reason for Ban
    Did not follow marine law regarding lethals
    And arrest conditions. Also rule 14
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    None
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    This happened the day before I posted it and I’ve told a couple people, they all told me to appeal because they feel like I shouldn’t of have been job banned and that what I did was justified because of the circumstances I’m on the discord and I unfortunately don’t know to post screenshots on here but I have screenshots of a conversation on discord where the MP that was with me supports my action if you want more information as well as the screenshots my discord tag is on the server is ‘Jaden “Jay” Ironmonger (gav1002)’

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Posting as a Witness. I am CKey TuringWept, otherwise known this round as "Arturo Joyce" the other MP.

Initially we started this round with three MPs, but after some sort of drama incident the third MP, being told he was not allowed to arrest every single marine that breathed for any or no reason, decided to cryo. This left just me and Jay as the only two MPs left.

The round had been slow up unto this point with the biggest action we had experienced being throwing candy bars at a Working Joe Synthetic to see how it reacted. We were both ordered to the brig, told that marines were playing Uno, and that we were to go down with a pistol and one spare mag and break the ring up, seizing the deck as contraband. We are told not to leave FOB to do this. Upon boarding the dropship we get an update, Bravo has engaged the tank crew and marked individuals are to be arrested. It then escalates to "The Bravo SL is being insubordinate, arrest him too." Both myself and Jay acknowledge that this is going to be a cluster fuck and we're probably going to get gunned down by angry marines, we were right. Our initial plan was to enter the FOB, secure the uno deck, and spend an excessively long time securing the uno deck until bravo either worked their shit out or got murdered by angry xenomorphs, unfortunately bravo was right next to the Uno deck.

We begin trying to peacefully arrest two individuals, Jays individual is cooperative, mine isn't. While we try to convince them to come quietly mine runs off. I pursue him, lose him in the loading dock, and back off, I then run into him again being chased by a runner and decide that the situation is no longer my problem. I get back in time to watch an increasingly belligerent bravo crowd Jay, begin to comment about how we're one flashbang away from a shootout, and then one flashbang detonates in the middle of bravo, triggering a shootout.

I, taking this for what it was, decide now is a very good time to tactically withdraw away from the angry marine squad and book it, Jay continues to (now alone) attempt to arrest the SL in the middle of this squad. Events from this point to the next point in the hanger are second hand to me but video does exist showing he was engaged first by a smartgunner and then tried to mag dump the SL, I however, did not see this as I was busy trying to arrest the two nerds attacking me. Me and Jay both find ourselves by the shipping crates at LZ1, we both order bravo to back off. Captain is ordering us to "just arrest the SL and get off planet already" something that is useless and they will continue to order. We are outnumbered, surrounded by angry bravo, armed, and apparently already lethally engaged although I did not know this. Jay makes the decision to fire his handgun into the crowd. This was a reasonable choice at the time with the angry mob, but it was also one that signed a death warrant for both of us. Knowing this, I elect to heroically run away, hiding in the disabled tank, leaving Jays ass hanging out in the wind, he is promptly murdered. For this action, I am awarded a medal.

CO continues feeding us nonsensical and impossible orders even after Jay has been killed and defibrillated. I find Jay alive and wounded on the shuttle, naked and handcuffed. The Synth somehow, in this time, arrests the SL and I arrest another wanted bravo member on the shuttle. Everyone is ultimately pardoned by the captain, including the SL that tried to incite a mutiny and murdered a security officer.

All in all, we can cut Jays escalation into four points: Soft Arrest Attempt --> Flashbang into belligerent crowd interfering with arrest --> running clusterfuck taser battle between two MPs and an entire squad --> Jay fires his handgun having been shot at by someone.

Of note: The excuse given by the individual who shot was that "It was a warning shot" with how high speed combat was at this time it would have been impossible for jay to distinguish the two. At no point was Jays escalation unreasonable or improper, although it left us in a situation of being in a shootout with a heavily armed squad which would only end with both of us deceased.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick note there was a video of the incident in question posted to discord.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...2_18-06-19.mp4

It was posted 8:30 est last round chat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have decided I'm going to close this and switch to a staff report instead if the people who have posted in my favor would copy-paste their messages on the report as well that would be helpful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would you mind closing this so I can fill out a staff report instead? I have had several people say this should be staff report instead of an appeal.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im going to close it and depending on the outcome of your report if its found the staff member did not violate protocols you will have to appeal it so we can reopen this.
    For now its suspended pending report outcome.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler: