Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me_Bigsnail - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Bongosz

Player Name You Use Most?
    Dismas Hind / Johnson

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...ic-Application [ACCEPTED]

Some cringe ban appeal from squad medic job ban I cant find [ACCEPTED]

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No, I've been trying to be a good boy : o )

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    BEs are tools, and such they work under special circumstances where serious situacions show up and no MPs are around, normally reserved to shitters who do the following in front of my blessed prescence:

1. Jeopardize the operation's success either by being extremely insubordinate in time of need or caught with malicious intent, such as a PO evaccing earlier than ordered because 'he doesnt want to follow orders'

2. When there's a direct threat to my command or well being, such as mutinies

3. Someone who maliciously harms the wellbeing of my staff, such as a kidnapper, he better pray there's MPs around or he'll eat lead

Executions have a process, BEs skip that proccess and delivers the intended outcome of a, well, execution

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    This Angolan warlord shall adapt a big brother actitude on his ship, making sure everything goes smooth for the operation and more importantly for his MEN, as he is fond to be attached to them thanks to his past.

If insubordination arises I shall make my orders clear and listen to others objections, as a leader you're here to fix problems, not create them, however if no good reason has been given for insubordination and the same deal repeats proper punishments shall be handed.

On the field he'll pull off the banzai charges of juro (I miss him) and use JTAC to tear down humanity's enemies to smitters, wielding a machete and his mateba.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of a commander is looking at the wider picture, making sure the machine that is USS Almayer and the Operation itself work well, if issues rise, he will guide his men and women of the USCM to fix that problem.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    The role is in a good state currently, if anything I would say overwatch cams not getting shut off every time someone messes around with them, like why.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I have played XO and more frequently SO. I understand how the round flows around the players (I.E Delta Unga, Bravo FOB) and I know what I am supposed to do when I have to take over an operation. I frequent to play a lot of Squad Leader and good amount of synthetic, so I know how ground units interact with every department and what they need from each other for the operation's success.

In all Honesty i just want CO to squeeze that mateba trigger, if anything, I'm giving my best shot here.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I totally didnt rushed this app : o )

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good player and does pretty good RP as synth +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're an excellent synthetic and I have seen you quite a lot of times at Command roles. I would like to see you as CO. +1 from me.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This man is a hero of the USCM, I have witnessed Dismas Hinds's leadership skills on multiple occasions and I can easily say that he is a great leader and thanks to his excellency and capability to deliver under stressful and lacking conditions has resulted in many victories for the USCM.

Regarding the APP it is a good app I see no problem with it.
    I wish you the best of luck in getting whitelisted.
    +1
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for the compliments, any feedback is welcome.
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One question.

You are in briefing, about to start giving orders. A competent SL begins to mock and riddicle you. This isn’t limited however, many enlisted hop in the band wagon in squad comms and or local chat, even a few officers jump in to poke fun at you. What do you do?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    One question.

You are in briefing, about to start giving orders. A competent SL begins to mock and riddicle you. This isn’t limited however, many enlisted hop in the band wagon in squad comms and or local chat, even a few officers jump in to poke fun at you. What do you do?
    Oh boy, I’ve been the butt of the joke several times as XO and synthetic to Squad Lead, everyone will talk shit one way or the other, short answer? Flow with it, to a certain extent, depending on how serious are the statements to be taken.

Long answer is:

STEP ONE – RECOGNIZE THE PURPOSE OF SUCH SHIT TALK

Some folk take is as banter, others as a SERIOUS flaws of a person (I’ve used to over watch a small shop owned by my parents, kind of like a downgrade manager, so I can relate to the question) so things like

> Misspelling (Yes people poke fun at you for that)
    > The way how you look
    > How you talk
    > Your nationality

These aren’t things to fight over, especially in a team based game like CM, the best bet is ignoring them, prove them that you are better than they believe you are, you got a fancy WL for a reason.

However there’s a line where people cross as MORE than just shit talking, and it pushes the mindset ‘You aren’t a good leader, ergo I don’t need to listen to you’ I can’t really find words for it, but exaggerating someone’s flaws (or making them up) make marines see in you an inexperienced leader (something you REALLY want to avoid)

Leaders become leaders because they’re the best at what they do, this is where you have to take action to reclaim the respect of not only the CIC staff, but of ground units which takes us to step two

STEP TWO – APPROACH THE SHIT TALKING

I previously stated that small banter isn’t serious so flowing with it, talking about different topics to derail the main talking statements from the minds of marines is better (such as drawing their attention to the role they're playing out in the operation, etc)

But in second scenario we’re left with three options:

> BE
    > MPs
    > Leave the topic slide

BE is the most extreme case, technically you can do it under the grounds of being a threat to your command, but worst outcome is: Congrats! You got a mutiny around the corner, best outcome would be SL getting salty on dchat, but in all seriousness, you already have MPs by procedure (now I know swagbag will ask: what if there’s none? I’ll touch that in a moment) on briefing, so…

Order MPs to handle out the situation, arrest under grounds of DASO only to the SL who started it up, although you may say we’re rolling the same dice but with different scenarios, yes we are, but taking risks already comes with the job, quickly hand out briefing orders and over watch the brigging of the SL, letting them know I will make aviable to them make a pardon request IF THEY APOLOGIZE APROPRIATELY, when five minutes have passed on his sentence (this is to leave them as experience to not repeat the same event)

To make this answer EVEN LONGER (this is why you joined WL Council : o ) ) I will just jump even deeper to the outcomes of brigging the SL and the last choice which is leaving the topic slide

Regarding the latter, leaving the topic slid leads to people just not giving a damn about your orders (I have explained why early on)

Brigging SL would lead either no one caring, shutting their traps up (because operation is about to start) or just decide to go whacko mode, if they do, let them know if they have any issue with my judgment to come at brig (ONLY IF THINGS GET REALLY HOT, MOVING AN ENTIRE SQUAD TO BRIG BECAUSE OF ONE DUDE IS A BAD IDEA)

There we discuss the current situation of SL, the current timer they have and their opportunities to appeal/pardon their sentence, hell even make up shit along the lines ‘If it wasn’t for me, he would be in a longer stay on brig’ to make you look like a saint, for the sake of not having an entire squad chimp out for some dude who can’t keep his mouth shut on briefing.

Regarding the no MPs scenario, just deputize XO or a SO, now swag bag might say ‘what if there’s any of those’ and my answer is there HAS to, since officers also joined into the ‘ridicule the CO’ Bandwagon.

TLDR; Just make SL an example for every marine to what happens if they take things too far with their mouths, specially like a high ranking officer like CO

(btw this answer is 738 words long, longer than my synth story, jesus fuck)
    Last edited by Me_Bigsnail; 03-07-2020 at 11:34 PM. Reason: grammar
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I have not seen you in command much, (time zones???) and your answers seemed maybe on the short side, I must say that they got the point through. You're a whitelisted synth so you know how to act with a whitelist, and I like your answer to Swagbag's question. You have support from people I know I trust and that is good enough for me. You obviously know what you're doing and so I don't see any reason to not give you a...

+1
    Last edited by Fortelian; 03-08-2020 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Had a formatting error :(
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic gamer, you have my +1

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No reason not to give this a +1. Good luck Commander.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.