User Tag List

Thread: optimisticdude - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

optimisticdude - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    optimisticdude
    Character Name?
    Ridgewell / Jimmy Talledega
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    CE/MT
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Taketheshot56
    Total Ban Duration
    Perma
    Remaining Duration
    N/A
    What other servers do you play on?
    Goonstation
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    N/A
    Reason for Ban
    Banned |Duration: 180 minutes|Reason: Banned for griefing: Suicide bombed himself during the arrest of his CE as MT, killing several MPs in the process. | Sun, February 16th of 2020
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/A
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I would like to begin this appeal with a simple preface; before this incident, I've had absolutely no notes about my MT shenanigans, from the simplest things such as doing making fun projects inside Maintenance's tunnels, to taking on the MPs and Command when they eventually get word of my shenanigans and decide enough is enough.

However, I stepped out of line when I decided to use a phoron stunprod to retaliate against several MPs to spite them after causing the indirect death of the CE and I was promptly banned for that. I over escalated the situation in order for a short laugh, and it worked, However, I had good laughs with dchat, and none of the MPs confronted me harshly for this incident on Discord nor the Forum; but at the cost of being banned.

But, after the jobban and some thought, I regret doing that action; it was completely against the spirit of MRP and no matter how much I could twist TTS' words, it was still hardgrief, and frankly, very retarded to do.

I enjoy playing MT; it's a role with lots of freedom, and through that freedom, I was able to create some interesting rounds even if they involved me committing some form of crime in the process, but that's IC. But I overstepped my limits and acted like a retard, and in the process, hardgriefed. I miss MT considering it's the role that I always go to considering that Research is often full, and I'm far too late to roll for Survivor or Working Joe, and it's a role that I've created interesting rounds with.

So please reconsider the jobban, and if I do get unbanned, I will ensure no similar incidents happen again.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5. Ban appeals are only for staff to post notes, admins processing it to comment on, and you to respond. The only non-involved staff who should be posting is if they are from another server to provide a vouch for good behavior

Assigned for admin review.
    Last edited by Taketheshot56; 03-11-2020 at 12:41 AM.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes for optimisticdude:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Cherry; 03-11-2020 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Bolded Relevent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, This is just being discussed by the team.
    This will be resolved by the end of the 12th AusTime.

Whitelisted Synthetic Adralimas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The admin assigned to this has had some technical difficulties and i have lifted the ban in their stead.

Do be careful about the whole suicide bombing thing in the future and enjoy the roles!