5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    id like to repeal this i think we've moved on from it now, were chill

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So as far as the announcement itself goes, it was fine. Using 'unga' in an announcement, so long as it's not used excessively, is fine. As for the complaint that it's metagaming, it's technically true. Under the Expected Contact ruleset, xenos are just that - expected. It is not known xenos are the source of the issue. That being said, it's more-or-less a forgone conclusion that xenos are down there, both ICly and OOCly. So while you shouldn't speak as though you know it's xenos, and staff aren't incorrect in telling you that it's metagaming, it isn't worth much more than a simple speaking to, and certainly isn't worth a day ban.

That being said, the way in which you spoke to them in PMs is unacceptable. In addition - and I discussed this with you in DMs - you've been pushing things quite a bit. I don't mind you trying new things, but you need to keep them within reason. No CO of a military vessel would send a marine groundside with a spear, or set up a giant fuel tank trap on first drop, when you have no idea what the actual issue is yet.

I am incorporating the way in which you behaved with 50Rem in PMs as well as those aforementioned (unhandled) issues in my decision to keep the day ban. The announcement, however, was mostly fine.

Resolved; the ban stays, but the note will be adjusted to reflect the actual issue.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.