User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CTs shouldn't be able to authorize ASRS requests

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The RO and any command staff should be able to use the ASRS, but a lowly sergeant CT shouldn't.

As for the lowpop issue, there could be an acting RO system in place. From the console in the RO he could assign an aRO if he is going to log off, and if there is no RO online it automatically selects an aRO from the pool of CTs online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think is an issue to be posted on Gitlab but I'll save you the trouble and let you know it won't get very far. There's a reason there's two ASRS consoles: one for the RO in their office and one in the general Req area. Ideally, the RO doesn't have to lay a finger on their console. They can just order the CTs to order supplies, crate it, and load it on the pad. There will be times where there's only one CT online or maybe the RO gets brigged/cryo'd. I don't think it's necessary to implement any extra code for something that can be resolved IC. It's a game. One bad round doesn't mean the entire system should be reworked. There's other rounds, of which the majority you will have good obedient slaves *ahem* cargo techs.

Besides, if they do fuck up your points, the Defcon system ensures that you can easily make up those points later and still get the supplies you want during the op. I think Command more often than not spends Defcon points on supply points.
    Last edited by grinkgo; 01-16-2019 at 11:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion? There should be some way to make an acting RO? maybe? or just the permission thing