Date of Incident
    April 12, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Ceyella Meer

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    /

Accused Character Name
    Nina Wahad

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    5:00 am

What rule(s) were broken:
    Don;t be a dick, griefing.

Description of the incident:
    CMP Nina spent alot of time hounding me around to ship to fuck with me, in which case i always told the CO, windhealer about it, as i was extremely busy mass producing mega-mines, which his strategy depended on. Nina, decided as CMP, to blackmail the CMO into declaring me insane to illegally brig me, as a result. this behavior warrants a CMP ban, it is extremely out of line for a CMP to arrange for a illegal brigging of someone through such means, to screw with another player. I had done nothing to warrant being called insane, i made my mines per CO order. and reported any issues to him, and ignored the MPs hounding me for no reason. at round start a MP wandered into the weapons lab to fiddle around with things, and i had ordered him to leave several times, as a MP going into the your OT weapons lab to harass your men, and fiddle with chems is something, as chief engineer i did not want, and i had authority over the area. Felix and windhealer will give thier input, and i spent most of the round with the mod infinity48, being a OT in the lab with me. With the recent announcement about people abusing marine law to grief, only for someone to loophole bullying a CMO into declaring me insane to arrest me for *something* since i did nothing wrong...yes i am upset.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    logs and witness reports

How you would punish the accused:
    full MP ban

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was Synth this round. The MPs seemed to have it out for the OT, for reasons that I do not understand.

However, the crux of the situation is that the CMP seems to have blackmailed the CMO into giving a forced testimony that the CE was insane. This seems to have been maliciously done as insanity is a "capital" charge, so the MPS and CMP immediately used it as reasoning that the CO could not overturn it; to permabrig Ceyella.

The reason I think it is beyond just normal nonsense is that after we finally got Ceyella out, ALL of her gear was missing including her ID no one knew where it was.

When the XO and I searched the CMP's person, we found Ceyella's headset in her bag. But the CMP never revealed the location of the rest of the gear, or knew where it was... which seems suspect. At minimum its a violation of prisoner processing.

We never found the ID, slowing down Ceyella getting back to her job. I checked the trash too... it had to have been purposely stashed somewhere.

And this is all happening with a loose xeno onboard... so it isnt like the MPs didnt have stuff to do.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was CO this round and was trying my best to deal with the situation through comms and 2nd hand information, I know that the CMO player reported to me that they were basically bullied by the CMP into giving the insanity report, which is flat out abuse of position. The CMO then revoked this after I gave some very stern words, as I do not appreciate metagrudging CMP's ruining the rounds of my marines (and also harming the round overall, as the CE was doing an important job and doing it right). I also got reports that the CMP hid their equipment after, I was told it was the ID but apparnatly this was on a LT, and the headset was in their bag.

The MP's had a xeno to find onboard, and instead were spending their time repeatedly going to the OT's office and harrassing everyone, even after I ordered them to leave them be and let the OT's do their job, as they had a busy production schedule of claymores to make.

Flat out abuse of power and I would implore that the mods change this "insanity ruling" to make it alot harder for CMP's to abuse, its absolute nonsense that a CMP and CMO can get a players round ended like that.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to remind everyone that in cases where the MPs take action like this that heavily impacts the round of another player seemingly for no reason, you can both ahelp and fax High Command, and staff will intercede much sooner.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was dealt with in game by Desmet
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Comments on this since I handled it.

You ahelped, i looked at your story, CMP story, CMO story. After deeming they shouldnt apply Insanity charge on you. I ordered CMP to let you out and at that time Synth was evaluating you in game and let you out. They were warned and informed how to use Insanity charge since Nanu ML is relatively new and were noted for it.

You said CMP stole your headset and is clearly trying to grief you. I PMed them, they denied. I told you and you still kept going on that CMP has stolen your stuff in-game. Your ID was found on LT who for some reason was thinking to break you out and took your ID and forgot about it.

In CMP's defense, Nina said she acted because CE was constantly lying and stirring shit up. Since linking lying to insanity is a bit too much. I ordered them to release you.

And after that I pulled logs of yours, CMP Nina and MP Rex chat to see what led to it. You had been stirring shit, refusing to talk to MPs and clearly trying to antagonize them. It looks like you were either doing it because you hate MP role or baiting CMP into it since you dont like each other OOCly. You were pretty much being dick to CMO, Req and MPs.

I would suggest you to cut on this kind of RP before you get in trouble for Rule 3: Dont be a dick to other players. You were RPing hostile behavior. I get it. And I didnt warn or PMed you about it but after looking full chat in detail I suggest you to cut down on it and dont spoil others fun.

EDIT:
    CMP was busy responding to me when she got stripped so I can not say for sure she was hiding CEs stuff but if she had her radio, it is a breach of protocol. Also missing CE gear was also due to SO Jack Hartman who said he wanted to break CE out and took her stuff for that.
    Last edited by Desmet; 04-13-2020 at 06:34 AM.
    Few Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ceyella
    Felix, the synth, reports he found the headset in her bag, its what lead to us accusing her of stealing the other items. I trust felix/synth due to synth WL making it very hard for these players to lie IC, if he says he found the headset on Nina, against procedure, then he did.

i was not constantly lying to stir up trouble, infinity can attest to the MP walking into the OT workshop to fiddle with the bomb components, and refused to leave.So i reported it and windhealer got rid of them, so they stood directly outside the workshop. (ask felix he showed up at this time and saw the MPs standing around JUST outside) MPs after this, kept coming to me and trying to stop me with all 3 of them while i was very busy, to screw with me, so i blew them off to get back to work. I am not obligated to the talk to the MPs if i have more to do, and me refusing to talk to someone is not grounds to set me up to brig me.

CMO wanted to make medical chems at roundstart but windhealer, not me, wanted claymores done for first drop, so i kept bugging CMO for it, to follow my orders. once i got the stuff i never talked to them again other than requesting more components.

Same for req, windhealer told me, specifically to drop a batch of mines down by him and gave coords, so i went to req and got a crate on alpha pad, loaded the mines and told them to not screw with it, then went to cic to send it down, but they didnt want to it because hur dur CE, but again, this was windhealers order, one he Gave to req, in req comms, to listen to me, as i was acting on his orders.

Ceyella
    You didnt investigate this situation very well in my opinion, you jumped to being hostile to me and telling me to drop it, you should have checked with felix to note her for stealing the radio, instead of jumping ontop of me for reporting it IC, it is reasonable to assume, since he found one thing in her bag, she had the rest. It is a breach of protocol and the note should be editted to reflect that as well as her abusing ML.

The claims of me lying IC to cause trouble, are equally make-belief, as can be confirmed by my witnesses in the OT workshop with me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I was the OT this round and I was in the OT workshop almost the entire shift making chemicals to help the CE to deal with CO's custom claymore orders. There are a few times that MPs came in the OT workshop for reasons I do not know of and the CO had to order them to get out of the workshop. Honestly, I never heard of the CE lying or stirring shit up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceyella View Post
    You didnt investigate this situation very well in my opinion, you jumped to being hostile to me and telling me to drop it, you should have checked with felix to note her for stealing the radio, instead of jumping ontop of me for reporting it IC, it is reasonable to assume, since he found one thing in her bag, she had the rest. It is a breach of protocol and the note should be editted to reflect that as well as her abusing ML.

The claims of me lying IC to cause trouble, are equally make-belief, as can be confirmed by my witnesses in the OT workshop with me.
    Ok. First thing first, I do recognize CMP used insanity charge in a wrong manner about which you ahelped. I ruled it into your favor and asked CMP to drop charges and release you after getting your story, CMP story and CMO story. I warned them about abuse of insanity charge and to verify CMP's claims and how valid/invalid they were, I had to pull the logs since CMP said to check previous messages.

CMP and CMO interaction which shows abuse of Insanity charge and CMP telling CMO to declare CMO insane.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I did not scale abuse of Insanity charges to grief as per following evidences.

RO reporting CE's behaviour to MPs
    Spoiler Spoiler:

MP rex interaction with CE
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMO and CE
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I judged it as CMP was trying to get to CE about CEs behavior with mainly MP Rex and RO and used CMO and CE interaction to get CMO to declare CE insane. It was abuse of insanity charge and they were warned and noted about it. As per the logs I ruled CMP getting back to CE due to CE's past IC behavior and not OOC thing but I did take action about misuse of insanity charge.

PS: There were a lot of logs regarding this issue. If you think I missed something crucial. Do tell us so someone else or me can pull it too.
    Few Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: